Regret

Mystery From The Start

Without her knowing, today they will know the result. Mr Yong, Mr Kim and Sunggyu was in the consultation room waiting what the doctor going to say. Watching the doctor looking through the document in his hand and closed after reading. “Mr Kim, the result shown that your bone marrow matches with your sister. We will arrange the surgery as soon as possible.” Sunggyu smiled bowing to the doctor. After they left the room, they when to Hyuna ward to tell her the good news.

In total there were five stages for bone marrow transplants.

First stage: A physical examination of your body to assess your general level of health

Second stage: Obtaining the stem cells that will be used in the transplant (known as harvesting)

Third  stage: Preparing your body for the transplant (known as conditioning)

Fourth stage: Transplanting the stem cells

Fifth stage: The recovery period, during which you will be monitored for any complications or side effect

For the past few days, Hyuna could only lie on the sick bed. As the third stage process involves using high doses of chemotherapy and possibly radiation which is to destroy the existing bone marrow and make room for the transplanted tissue; to destroy any existing cancer cells and to stop your immune system working in order to reduce the chance of the transplant being rejected. However the side effect from chemotherapy had fatigued Hyuna really a lot. She always felt nausea, loss of appetite and tiredness.

Looking at Hyuna fatigue figure on the bed every day, suffering from the side effect hurt Junhyung a lot. He rather to be the one suffering from those pains than having his baby girl suffering. But He knows that he needs to be strong to hold on to Hyuna. Every day he will say something to Hyuna, telling her all kinds of joke that could make her laugh.

2 days after the third stage, Hyuna was preparing to push into the operation room for bone marrow transplant. Junhyung was holding Hyuna hand telling her everything will be fine, she will be fine. Hyuna know she was doing this not only for herself but also for others that care for her. Hyuna give an assured smile to Junhyung before the nurse pushing her to the surgery room.

“How are you?” The doctor asked when Hyuna was now lying on the operation table. “Tired, but I still can cope it.” Hyuna smiled trying to be strong with the doctor smiled at Hyuna too. “I am going to perform the surgery for you. The donated stem cells will be passed into your body through the central line. The procedure can take from half an hour to several hours to complete, depending on the type of blood cells being used. The transplant is not painful and you will be awake throughout the procedure” The doctor said, telling Hyuna how the operation will be performed with Hyuna nodded her head.

Other outside of the operating room was Hyuna supporter. Though the doctor told them that the percentage of successes in this operation was high, but Junhyung just couldn’t calm himself down. He was scared, scared that he’s going to lose Hyuna. Even the rate of success is high but there’s still a risk in there.

After a short hour, the red light turned green. A nursed pushed Hyuna out with the doctor followed behind. “The operation is successful. Next will be the last stage, recovery. We need to observe her condition for 2 to 6 weeks. We will need to change her ward, visitors still allow however before going into her wards, visitors will have to wear surgical gowns and hats to prevent infection.” The doctor said.

Junhyung was the only one who had been staying with Hyuna in her ward. The rest of them was just staying outside of the wards looking at Hyuna through the glasses. After the transplant Hyuna feel weak, at the same have been experiencing vomiting and a loss of appetite. But those are common. To prevent malnutrition, Hyuna will need to have nutritional support, with high-protein fluids taken by mouth or through a tube running through her nose to her stomach which make her very uncomfortable.

The first phase of the recovery process involves waiting for the stem cells to reach Hyuna bone marrow and begin making new blood cells. This is known as engraftment and it usually occurs 15-30 days after the transplant takes place. During this period, Hyuna will need to have regular blood transfusions because she will have a low number of red blood cells.

Days after days everything seem fine and there was no infection detected. Junhyung was happy to see Hyuna on her recovery stage. Mrs Yong and Mrs Kim will bring Jaehyun to the hospital to visit Hyuna but just outside her ward. Hyuna always tried to smile to Junhyung assuring him that she’s fine even she wasn’t.

Days 36, as usual, Junhyung will have to stay out of Hyuna ward waiting for the doctor has his regular checkup. Viewing outside the wards, suddenly, inside the wards, the nurse started to turn chaotic. Watching the nurse running in and out, they switch Hyuna bed to another and pushed her out the wards. Junhyung rushed to the doctor. “She’s now suffering acute Graft versus host disease (GvHD). We now need emergency operation.” The doctor said running into the operating room to get ready.

Jihyun and Doojoon called Hyuna’s parent and Junhyun’s parent about Hyuna condition and they are coming down to the hospital. Junhyung was sitting on the chair like a statue. “Everything was fine, how come she was affected by GvHD?” Mr Kim asked. “We not sure. The doctor when in after telling us Hyuna was affected by GvHD.” Doojoon replied.

The doctor came out from the surgery room after the green light appears. “I’m sorry. We tried our best.” The doctor had a apologized face. Instantly, Mrs Kim fainted when she heard the news. Nurses ran to help and brought her to one of the sick bed. Jihyun cried onto Doojoon with Mrs Yong cried onto Mr Yong. Junhyung stood there, not moving. “I’m sorry. We tried our best.” This words continuously repeating in Junhyung head. “No. It can't be. It just can't be. This must be a dream.” Junhyung denied the truth trying to hurt himself to prove that he wasn’t feeling pain. But his heart subsides the physical pain, he felt pain with the blood bleed but not in the physical way but emotional way. Doojoon and Sunggyu tried to stop Junhyung from hurting himself. They know that Junhyung was hurt but so does the rest.

Pushing Hyuna out of the operating room, she was covered by the white blankets. Junhyung ran to Hyuna lifeless body stopping anyone to take her away from him. “She’s not dead. She’s not dead.” Junhyung tears flowing, hugging the body. He just couldn’t accept the fact that they lost Hyuna. She was all fine, always fine. “This is not true. WAKE UP.” Junhyung shouted shaking Hyuna body. “YONG HYUNA. WAKE UP.” Junhyung continuous screaming.

 

 

 

Author Note

Just one more chapter to go. I will finish up by this week or next week and update once I’m done. Do comment and after this I will be focusing on “Love Only Her “. And I do have a question wanted to ask you guys. Quite a number of you have been asking me to write more about Junhyung and Hyuna and I do have one plot in my mind. I’m not sure I should open up a new Junah story or I should continue with all the story I have until I’m done with one of the plot then I will start a new plot of Junah. Tell me what you guys think before I proceed with what I should do.