Promise

Mystery From The Start

Hyuna was now outside the surgery pacing around, filled with worried. Her brain had stopped functioning with the scene of unconscious Junhyung lying on her lap with her hand full of blood. “Please be alright.” Hyuna kept mumbling non-stop, her mind kept flashing back to the scene. Hours after hours, Hyuna was alone, waiting outside the room. None of 4Beast was notified. Finally, the red light turned green. “How is he?” Hyuna asked when she spotted the doctor came out signing something on a document. “He’s out of life threatening, but….” The doctor stopped looking at Hyuna. “Because of the impact hit his hindbrain that caused him blinded.” Hyuna stood there like a statue not moving. “W—will h—his eyes r—re—recovers?” Hyuna words were all stuttering looking for a hope. “Yes.” Hyuna head rose at once. “If only we could find suitable cornea for him.” Junhyung was pushed out of the operation room. “We need you to register for him, are you a relative to him?” A nurse came over to Hyuna. “I’m his wife.” Both the nurse and the doctor were looking at Hyuna in shock.

Before going to Junhyung room, Hyuna when to the doctor consultant room and had some talk with him. After hours of talking with the doctor, Hyuna when back to Junhyung’s ward with her eyes tender and reddened. Hyuna sat on the seat beside Junhyung bed, looking at him sleeping soundly. Hyuna caressed the bandage around his head and a bandage around his eyes. Couldn’t control her tears, she began to cry. “I’m so sorry. Sorry for everything. I’ll make sure you will regain your eye sight. I promise.” “Hyuna-ah.” Junhyung mumbled in his sleep.  Wiping her tears away, she stood up from her seat and kissed Junhyung lips and left the room.

After 2 days, Junhyung was sent to Seoul Hospital after his condition was stable. The hospital had notified 4Beast about Junhyung. 4Beast had called Junhyung parent and their manger the situation. When they reached the hospital, Hyuna was nowhere to be found and they were all worried until a nurse came back with a letter and passed to them. “HYUNA LEFT?” Yoseob shouted when Jihyun was reading the letter to them. “Why she left hyung?” Yoseob asked. “She said because she doesn’t want a blind husband.” “It’s doesn’t make any sense.” Jihyun mumbled and only heard by Doojoon. “What are we going to say to Junhyung after he awake?” “How are we going to deliver this news to him?” “Jihyun and I will stay back. The rest of you go looks for Hyuna and make sure found her and bring her back.” Doojoon said with the rest nodded their head and left Doojoon and Jihyun. “What do you think?” Doojoon asked. “I don’t believe what she wrote in this letter. There are even tears on this letter and somehow this letter was written last minute.” Jihyun showed the letter to Doojoon again. “I think we should look for the nurse and asked her.” Doojoon and Jihyun head to the reception to look for the nurse.

“I’m sorry. She never really said anything to me. She just gave me the number to call and left this letter.” The nurse said. “But her eyes were all red, and seem like she cry a lot to causes her eyes to be swollen.” The nurse continued. “Thank you very much.”Doojoon and Jihyun bowed and left the nurse. “She went away for a reason and I believe this concerning about Junhyung. Hyuna wasn’t a person that will leave Junhyung for whatever reason stated in here.” Jihyun said trying to calm herself down. “We must find out what happen.” Doojoon said and held Jihyun hand to try to calm her down.

“How are we going to tell Junhyung about Hyuna?” Jihyun asked. They were now in the room of Junhyung wards. “We will try to avoid that.” Jihyun nodded her head. “Sorry for interrupting.” Someone knocked the door and came in. “I’m the inspect officer in this case. I’m looking for Kim Hyuna. Do you know where she is as I need to return her this which she left behind?” He said and showed Jihyun and Doojoon an envelope. “Sorry. We never saw her. But we can take it behalf of her.” Doojoon said. “Oh. That will be great. We are now following up the case, anymore update we will inform you.” The inspector said and handed the envelope to Doojoon. The inspector left the room.

“What’s inside this envelope?” Jihyun asked when Doojoon took the item out of the envelope. “It’s a medical report.” Doojoon and Jihyun read the medical report. “This was why she left.” Jihyun cried. All Doojoon could do was hugging her. “I’m not sure what I should do now.” Doojoon thought while looking at Junhyung lying on the bed.

When the 4beast came back to Junhyung wards, Jihyun was asleep after crying. “We couldn’t find Hyuna. We even called for her parent, house and Sunggyu oppa. They said they never saw her.” “You guys can stop finding her. We will never able to find her” Doojoon said, everyone kept silent of not knowing what to say.

“Hyuna-ah.” A voice came from the sick bed. “Jun. You awake.” 4Beast when over to Junhyung and crowded around the bed. “Why was the light all close?” Junhyung asked. 4Beast was looking at each other not know how to respond. “Jun.” Beast stopped, they don’t know what to do. “You guys wait outside I’ll explain to him.” Doojoon said and motion everyone to leave the room. After the door was closed by the last person, Doojoon sat on the chair. “Jun. Do you still remember what happen?” Doojoon asked. “Yeah. I was saving Hyun before the burglar using something to hit her. And instead of Hyun, it hit me and I when unconscious.” Junhyung explained briefly and Doojoon nodded his head. “And because of the impact, you’re now temporarily blind.” The room became all silent. “You say I’m blind now?” Junhyung said with a calm voice. “Just temporary. Once the hospital found the suitable cornea for you, you will have your sight again.” Junhyung nodded his head slowly.

“Where’s Hyuna?” Junhyung asked. “I never heard her voice. Is she fine?” Junhyung continued. “Yeah. She’s fine.” “Does she know about me being blind?” Doojoon when silent not knowing what to tell Junhyung. “Yeah. She knew about this.” Doojoon breathe In and out before continuing his sentence. “Where’s Hyuna?” “S—She left.” “SHE WHAT?” Junhyung raised his voice. “She left. She said she doesn’t want a blind husband and she left.” “NO. NO. SHE WOULDN’T LEAVE ME BECAUSE OF THIS. SHE WOULDN’T. I NEED TO GO FIND HER. I NEED TO FIND HER.” Junhyung climbed off the bed, but because he couldn’t see, he kept knocking something down. “YAH. JUN.“ Doojoon came over to Junhyung and everyone came in because of the noise. “NO. SHE WOULDN’T LEAVE ME BECAUSE OF THIS. SHE WOULDN’T. I NEED TO FIND HER. SHE’S STILL OUTSIDE. I NEED TO BRING HER BACK.” Junhyung pushed everyone away trying to leave the room. “CALL THE DOCTOR.” Doojoon shouted. The doctor came in looking at the mess with Junhyung being agitation pushing everyone away wanting to leave the room. “Put him to the bed.” The rest was trying to stop Junhyung from moving while the doctor was giving Junhyung injection. After a while of struggling, Junhyung when back to sleep.

4Beast had avoided talking about Hyuna to Junhyung parent and so does to Hyuna parent. They just told them that she was here when they came before they asked for Hyuna. Junhyung never spoke any single words and this worried 4beast a lot.

“I’m sorry. We’re pushing the patient for surgery.” Two nurses came in. “What surgery?” “Cornea transplant. We had found the suitable cornea of the patient and his parent had signed the documents.” The nurse explained and started to move Junhyung out. Jihyun and Doojoon were looking at each other when the rest of them were all happy. Junhyung remained silent not saying anything

The surgery didn’t took very long before the operation was done. The rest of them were waiting outside patiently but Mrs Yong was looking around for someone. “Where’s Hyuna? I never saw her since the days I’ve been here.” 4beast all remain silent before Doojoon said anything, the red light of the operation room turned green. Doojoon sighed with relieved. “How my son?” Mr and Mrs Yong asked when the doctor came out from the room. “The operation is successful. The next few days, we will observe how his situation. If everything is fine, he will be able to discharge from the hospital.” Mr and Mrs Yong signed in relieving. “We want to thank the donor. Can you give me the donor name and phone number so that we could express how appreciations to the donor?” Mr Yong asked the doctor. “I’m sorry, we are not allowed to disclose their information to you if the donor requested.” Mr Yong nodded his head understanding the procedure.

Days after days, the doctor will check on Junhyung condition and asked him some medication question. And today, Junhyung finally could take his bandage off from his eyes. Junhyung eyes were closed when the doctor removed the bandage from him. “Slowly open your eyes. Don’t rush. Just take your time.” The doctor said. Junhyung slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times, trying to adapt the light in the room. “Can you tell me how many finger I’m showing?” The doctor asked, showing his finger. “Three.” Junhyung replied, everyone tensed released and started to jump happily. Checking his eyes, “He had recovered. He will be able to discharge tomorrow.” The doctor said.

After the doctor left, the room was b over with happiness but there was this 3 person weren’t. Even Junhyung eyes are recovered, Junhyung never smiled. His expression was all cold, never was like how he was. Doojoon and Jihyun noticed that and fighting whether to tell Junhyung the truth. “I think we better keep this away from him.” Doojoon thought.

 

 

 

Author Note

Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long. My time is full pack that I don’t even have a time to sit down and type something out in front of my computer. I will be freer after December as my school start in January.