Chapter One

Design My Heart

- CHAPTER ONE -

 

The founder and designer of ‘Angel’ clothing line’s Note II vibrated in the back pocket of his designer jeans for the umpteenth time. He sighed, knowing that this call would, probably, hunt him for the rest of his life. He hesitantly pressed answer and waited for the caller to burst into showers of curse at him. Surprisingly, it never came as the caller met him with silence on the other line. Weird, he thought.

 

“You little punk! Where have you been?! Why didn’t you pick up my freaking calls, jerk?! Damn you, you moron. Monkey Lee monkey HyukJae, talk to me, you bastard!”

 

Ahh, there it is ladies and gentlemen. How could I have thought of it any differently? HyukJae shook his head mildly, knowing that sooner or later, he had to face reality and let someone talk some sense into him even if it came with blows after blows of curses.

 

“I’m really sorry, HeeChul hyung,” HyukJae said as he rested his chin on his hands against the cold metal bar, peering over at the sea of people below on the ice rink, “I didn’t mean to do so, hyung. My phone was on silent mode and I’m currently at the mall. It’s so noisy I couldn’t hear a thing even if it was on max volume.”

 

A white lie that Hyuk knew could not save his not-so-sorry .

 

“Liar, you little prick! Don’t you dare ignore me again, you monkey! Now, I’m calling you to discuss about your, our, comeback show. You know it’s been 2 bloody years since you actually stopped designing, right?”

 

And there goes the all time favourite subject of his hyung that’s been bugging him each and every time they talk to each other. He was quiet for a little while and sighed.

 

“No, hyung. I didn’t stop, you know that. I was just in a designer slump for a little while and I still think I am,” HyukJae promised JunSu that he would never stop designing, and now there is no use regretting.

 

JunSu made sure that he vowed that he, Lee HyukJae, would never leave his passion dry and keep designing beautiful things for people, on his deathbed. It’s been 2 years since he last touched his sketchbook.

 

“Slump my foot, you jerk! Who’s been in a slump for 2 years straight without even doing anything?! You know you promised you-know-who, right?” HeeChul still finding it difficult to mention Junsu’s name after all this time, “and you can’t take it back, cause, you know…”

 

Despite the fact being over eccentric and straightforward, HeeChul is a softie after all for his dongsaeng.

 

“I know, hyung,” Hyuk nodded to no one in particular, as he kept watching the skaters down there, his brown orbs caught sight of a certain messy-haired brunette, who was skating like it’s nobody’s business.

 

His grace, laughter and smile contented his heart. The aura radiating from the brunette seemed to enchant HyukJae into a trance and his legs started carrying his body towards the nearest elevator.

 

He was still clutching on his Note II and he finally remembered that HeeChul hyung was still on the other line, “let’s do it, hyung!” Hyuk breathed out, almost inaudible to the person on the other line, “let’s do it!” He said firmer on the second time.

 

He knew the latter was jumping like mad, scaring others around him at the crime scene. Hyuk had to suppress a laughter imagining him doing so.

 

“Good God, I’m going to Sunday school sessions from now on! All right, it’s a deal made with the devil then! Laters, Hyuk!” His hyung’s last few words were left unheard as he quickly got to the destination he aimed for, eyes never leaving a certain messy-haired brunette.

 

Hyuk saw him again, the ice angel. Suddenly, the guy stopped skating and went over to his friends. No! Don’t leave me yet! He thought to himself. Right in front of his eyes, the gorgeous brunette disappeared among rainbows of mufflers and scarves. Damn, I lost him! He slapped himself mentally and hung his head low, thinking that how fate was never on his side. He sighed deeply. Guilty, he did feel, but HyukJae was sure that JunSu would want this for him too. He would want for HyukJae to be happy instead of moping around, wasting his youth away.

 

 

A/N:

Right, so I've done the 'Foreword' and the 1st chapter. My heart is beating so fast from posting this. Wonder what's gonna happen next. Would there be subscribers? I'm just curious. I don't mind if there's none. I'm here to gain experience and have fun reading great fics. Okay, I guess this is all from me.

Yours 'till the peanut butters,

El :)