Leaving

Boundless

 

On the cold, metal seats sat all the seven INFINITE members, you and Hyemi.

“I really don’t wanna leave.” Said Hyemi and the sentence echoed once more as the others repeated it.

“I really don’t wanna leave too.”

Silence once again descended on the group. You sat there with Hyemi’s head on your shoulder and your hand in Sung Jeong’s as he played with it. Everyone stared at the digital boards and listened intently.

After what seemed like seconds, the annoying voice finally announced: “Boarding on the Seoul plane… please proceed to gate number…” and so on.

“I guess it’s time.” With a sigh, everyone got up slowly. You hugged Hyemi last and hardest. You hugged everyone except Dong Woo and Woo Hyun. They stood a bit farther off, both staring in to space. However, Woo Hyun did look at you once and you smiled at him, taking the chance. He smiled back awkwardly. 

The emotional Hyemi teared up and L had to calm her down. As you watched everyone walk away, L turned around and grinned at you. It was a grin that promised another meeting. You hoped it would be soon because you were going to miss everyone. Dong Woo patted your shoulder and smiled as he left.

INFINITE were walking farther and farther away but as you turned to leave too, you suddenly saw Woo Hyun standing next to you.

“Woo Hyun… ssi?”

“Yeah. I… just… well.” He looked down and stuck his hand in his pocket,”I want to give you something.”

With his free hand he took out something from his inner pocket of the light green blazer he was wearing. He took your hand and put it there. When you looked, it was a bracelet, ringing because of the numerous charms which were on it.

“Oh…”

“It has nine charms. They all signify us. INFINITE, Hyemi and you.” You looked up at him, surprised,”It’s like a family. Hyemi is our sister and… well I think everyone likes you enough to include you in. Remember me as a friend and brother.” He smiled and not giving you time to answer, left with his hands in his pockets, joining the others on the escalator.

---------------------------------------------------------

WOOHYUN POV:

“Sung Yeol. You are really shameless. You didn’t give her anything before you left. Only one hug which was equal to everyone else’s.”

Sung Yeol blinked. “Why should it have been any different?”

“Oh my. I never knew you are a player.”

“What?!”

“You know what I’m talking about!”

“No I don’t hyung!”

“Yes you do! You can’t just date a girl and then dump her!”

“Wow. Hyung. I get it now-”

“Ah. Now he gets it. What if you broke her heart?”

“Let me speak! I didn’t date her!!!” At this, Woo Hyun’s face showed confusion.

“You didn’t… But I saw you hug her that day, when we just came!”

“Hyung. I always knew you are dumb but not to this extent. A hug doesn’t mean anything! She was sad and was on the verge of tears so I thought it would be a shame to leave her crying like that in front of everyone…”

Woo Hyun’s heart leaped and a bit of hope sprouted in the form of a flower in his mind. Before the escalator could take them any further he turned around and made sure you were looking at him.

He raised his hands and made them meet on the top of his head: a heart.

 

You felt shy immediately. He saw it and pointed at his cheeks, then at you. You turned to look at your reflection in a nearby mirror and saw yourself blushing. Grinning like an idiot, you looked back at the escalator. But they were already gone. You looked down at your car keys and started home.

---------------------------------------

The feeling of emptiness sat on an armchair in the living room of your house. Maybe you should talk to it. Maybe then it will leave you alone. But you already were alone. Even though that feeling was still present and it followed you as you aimlessly walked around the house.

In your room you sat on your bed and stared at the bracelet Woo Hyun gave you, now dangling from your wrist. Moving your arm would cause a pleasant noise: one of the charms was a tiny golden bell. There was also a musical note and a bird. You wondered which belonged to whom. There was a horseshoe, a walking stick and a letter L. This one was obvious. A smiley was there too, along with a key and an angel wing.

The last one triggered something in your memory. You stood up and walked to the mirror. With the hand which had the bracelet on, you lifted your hair from your left ear. There, sitting a bit uncomfortably as it was a bit big, was Dong Woo’s wing piercing.

You never gave it back to him. There was a little pause as for a moment you stood looking at it.

One minute later, you had opened your laptop.

Two minutes later you had opened YouTube.

Three more minutes later you were done watching INFINITE’s The Chaser MV, for the first time.

Four more minutes later you were in love.

 

END OF CHAPTER.

--------------------------------------------------

I AM SO SORREH FOR UPDATING LAAATE ^^

Like.... 10 days later than I was supposed to....

REPRESENTATIONS:

Golden Bell: HYEMI

Horseshoe: HOYA

Walking Stick: SUNGGYU

L:L

Smiley: SEUNG YEOL

Wing: DONG WOO

Key: SUNG JEONG

Musical Note: WOOHYUN

Bird: YOU

 

Now, can anybody guess anything? Tell me what you think!