Chapter 4 - The Date (part 1)

Back To Me

Doojoon’s POV

It was only 6 and I had already wake up to prepare for the date and by the way the date was at 10am. I told her that I would meet her at 10am yesterday. I woke up too early right? I know but I didn’t have a choice. I wasn’t able to sleep last night. Too eager and nervous to see her I guess.

When I walked up to the bathroom, ‘God, I looked like zombie!’ I told myself as I looked into the mirror.

‘What do I do? Should I make up?’ ‘What if she didn’t like it if I make up?’ ‘What if I don’t make up and she thinks that I don’t look good?’ ‘Oh no, what should I do?’ ‘Aishhh!’ I screamed at my thoughts.

I didn’t know what I should do now. I didn’t want her to have bad impression of me on our first date. I made up my mind, I went to shower, get some light makeup done - cover my panda eyes and drew some eyeliner on and went out of house. It was only 8am when I reached there. Being too early I decided to shop at a shopping centre near our meeting place. Time passed by real slow while shopping at the mall. I was dying!

Everytime, I looked at my watch it was only 5 minutes that has passed. And finally after struggling for so long, it was only 30minutes to my date. I walked my way back to the café and sat there waiting for her arrival. This time, I was nervous.  I became more and more nervous as the time passed; being more nervous than each time as the time of our meeting became nearer. I looked up as I heard the café door open. There she was, looking beautiful and sweet even though she dressed simply with a simple pink printed tee and black denim shorts with high-cut boots.

‘Hhii…!’ I said followed by an awkward smile when she stood in front of me.

 

Reii’s POV

Deciding whether to come on time or not almost the whole yesterday night had made me woke up late. I rush out of my house and hurried my way to our meeting place.

‘Phew! I am on time’ I thought as I looked at my watch when I found the place. I steady my pace and walked into the café. I browse through the café to find Doojoon and there he was sitting at the corner of the café. I walked towards him blushing when our eyes met each other. I smiled and chuckled a little, soft enough to not let him know as he said ‘hi’ to me with an awkward smile, he was cute I thought.

I said ‘hi’ to him as I sat down. The next few minutes was silence and awkward. Just then, a waitress appears and took our order of food and beverages. We both sighed a sign of relieve when the waitress came and break the silence and awkward atmosphere around us. We both laughed at the situation leaving the waitress in wonder, however the waitress soon made her way to the kitchen with our orders before she could figured out what had happened. The awkwardness between us was gone after that small laughing session we had, and we began asking each other questions.

‘So.. may I asked why me?’ I tried starting off the conversation with a question I had been thinking even since I received his love letter. He looked at me after I asked him that question. It took him awhile but he still didn’t answer.

‘ I guessed im too straightforward, im sorry and please forget what I said earlier.’ I said when I thought he was shocked by my straightforwardness.

I quickly change the subject before it became awkward for both of us again. ‘Doojoon oppa, or should I just call you Doojoon?’ I asked changing the subject quickly.

‘Just call me Doojoon will do’ he said as he looked at me.

‘Oh okay.’ I replied. The next hour, we spend the time eating and asking each other our hobbies and stuff to know more about each other, although I was the one who spend most of the time asking and talking. I was too curious to know more about him since he’s an idol that everyone likes.

‘Doojoon, where are we going next?’ I asked.

‘The beach, since it was near here’ he replied. He’s answers were quite short throughout making me wonder if he really likes me. I too, began to talk lesser as I thought that he might have found me annoying this whole time.

We walked side by side to the beach with none of us speaking to one another, falling back to the same awkwardness. For me, it was because I no longer know what I want to ask about him and that the thought of him disliking me keep appearing into my thoughts since he wasn’t really been talking the whole time. Suddenly, a bicycle appeared on nowhere and was the cyclist was speeding. Doojoon turned back to grab me to his side so that the cyclist wouldn’t bang on me. However I was already moving behind him to the side of the route before he pulled me.

‘What are you doing!’ an aunty shouted. I looked up and saw that he was holding an aunty. Doojoon looked down and release his grip when he saw that he was holding onto an aunty instead of me. I laughed at the scene. It was too funny that I couldn’t stop. It was funny to see his embarrass face when he realize that he grip onto the wrong person and that he keep apologising to that fuming aunty.

He walked towards me, face looking serious after the aunty left. I stopped laughing immediately. He’s face was so serious that he made me dare not look at him. I looked at the floor when he walked towards me, his gaze never once leaving me. My body tremble against the feeling of his gaze on me. He stopped in front of me and grip on both sides of my shoulders.