Chapter 30

Back To Me

Junhyung’s POV

Ever since that night, Doojoon hyung was back to normal. He never skips his schedules and he never went nor talked about Reii anymore. He would talk and joked around but everyone knew that he wasn’t the same anymore. Even though he appeared to be the same Doojoon hyung we knew, but we all could feel that it wasn’t him.

Reii on the other side had worsened. She was really ill now. Instead of fainting all the time, she was always on laying on the bed. Luckily our promotion for our song had ended and we’re given 2 months of break before we start our practice for our new song. I had been waking up early at 7am to Reii’s house for the past 2 weeks to take care of her but her condition never seems to improve. The doctor said that it was caused by the stress and emotions she had given herself.

‘Hyung where are you going? You’ve been out early every morning and came back really late for the past 2 weeks. Where have you been?’ Kikwang asked.

‘Well, I’ve been trying to find ideas to make songs for our next album’ I lied. I didn’t know how to tell him. The word ‘Reii’ had really been a sensitive case especially Doojoon hyung ever since then. That night after Dongwoon stopped Yeoseob from asking, no one had asked it anymore. I figured that Dongwoon might have talked to them about it although I didn’t know how much he had told them but nonetheless after that they never said nor mentioned anything anymore.

 

---Flashback---

‘Hyung,’ said Dongwoon as I came out from the bathroom.

‘Yes?’ I asked

‘I need to talk to you’ he said and went towards the balcony.

I followed behind and closed the balcony door and motion him to talk.

‘Hyung, are you really going to listen to what Doojoon hyung said and confessed to Reii?’ he asked wearily.

My eyes widen as when I heard what he said. I didn’t expect him to ask me so straight forwardly. I guess

‘Dongwoon..’ I let my voice trailed. I didn’t know what to say to him.

‘What exactly did you know?’ I asked.

‘Everything hyung.’ he said looking at me.

‘What everything?’ I asked again, wanting him to tell me exactly what he knew.

‘What did you think hyung? Do you really think Im that stupid not to realize anything? I know you like Reii’ he hissed.

My eyes widened again shocked to hear him hissed at me sounding pissed. I did thought that maybe he might have found out but I still cant help feel shocked when he said it.

‘How and when?’ was what I managed to say.

‘Hyung do you really think that I didn’t notice the change you and Doojoon hyung’s had after we left Reii school? And that day when Hyung suddenly have a schedule while yours was cancelled. You looked so happy that day and that night you forgot to off your camera when you left for bath. I saw all the pics when I went in the bedroom to find something.’ He said.

‘How could you?’ I hissed, keeping my voice low, not wanting the attention of the other members.

‘Hyung, that’s not important now is it? Answer me, are you going to confess to Reii?’ Dongwoon asked.

‘No Dongwoon, she wont accept it.’ I heaved a sigh before I replied and left the balcony.

---End Of Flashback---

 

I pin in the password to Reii apartment and went straight to the kitchen after that. I had to cook some porridge before waking Reii up.

I walked up to her to wake her but she was already awake.

‘Hey you’re already awake?’ I said to her.

‘Yeah’ she said weakly.

She placed her hands behind my neck while I carried her up. She had become so weak I had to carry her everywhere she goes. I place both her feet down when we’re inside the bathroom. I hold her waist as I held the toothbrush to , helping her brush her teeth. After helping her brush her teeth and washed her face, I held her waist while walking a few steps to the shower cap. I then went outside the bathroom and waited for Reii to finish her bath.

‘Dii.. Dii..’ my phone vibrated. I end the call and went inside to fetch Reii. Reii was too weak to walk by herself and her voice was also weak so I told her to call me when she’s done. I carried her back to her bed and went to the kitchen to take some porridge out.

‘Time to eat,’ I said to her and hold her up to sit from her lying position. I blew to cool the porridge before I hand the spoon of porridge to her. As usual, she would feel like vomiting before she could even eat until half bowl of the porridge and I would have to carry her to the toilet before she vomited on her bed. I hold her hair with one hand and use the other one to pat on her back while she puke. After she vomit, I hold her back to her bed and hand her a cup of water.

I settled down on a chair at the side of her bed and read a book while attending to her when she needed my help. It took me one week before she could let me help her.

 

---Flashback---

2 weeks ago, (the next day after the Doojoon breakup thing)

‘Reii!’ I shouted. I was worried about her so I went to check on her earlier than usual. I opened the door to see that she was lying in the middle of the living room. I called the doctor and as usual he reached around 30 minutes later. The usual routine was done where she had Iv drops on her but this time things got worst.

Usually Reii would be able to get up after some rest or at most she’ll be fine the next day but this time, it had already been 2 days and Reii was still very weak that she couldn’t do things by herself. I called the doctor to check on her again and the doctor told me that there’s nothing much he could do about it since the cause of her illness was because she stressed herself too much and the most the doctor could do was to give her so medicine that help her relaxed a bit.

Reii didn’t want the medicine to prescribe any for her.

‘Go away Junhyung, I could manage myself’ she said when I tried to offer my help.

She rejected my help at first probably because she didn’t want to trouble me and that she didn’t want to feel like a sick person.

Days passed by and she was still stubbornly rejecting my help, but I didn’t care, I ignored whatever she said and did whatever I want. I helped her clean her apartment, wash her laundry, cooked porridge for her and by force carry her to the bathroom every 2 hours because I knew she wouldn’t call for help even when she wanted to use the toilet.

At first things was really hard when she didn’t want any help from me but after a week of struggling things finally pulled through. She started letting me helped her.

----End of Flashback---

 

I was reading a book with my earpiece on when I felt a tug on my shirt. I followed the direction her graze fall at. I carried her up and walked over to the living room. I put her gently down on the sofa and went to on the television before placing myself to sit beside her. I switched the channel without asking her what channel she wanted to watch. The only reason Reii watched the television was only because of Doojoon hyung, she would never once missed the program as long as Doojoon hyung was inside and sometimes I couldn’t help but feel jealous of Doojoon hyung even though Im the one beside her now.

 

Sorry people for a crappy chapter  today.