Chapter 16 - The Caretaker part 1

Back To Me

Junhyung’s POV

‘Out?!’ I almost shouted.

‘Yeah! Im bored from staying inside the house. Lets go out shall we?’ Reii asked.

‘Nope! Choose something else besides that.’ I said.

‘Why? You the one that say I could do whatever I want as long as it doesn’t drain my energy.’ She said.

‘You will drain a lot of energy if you go outside.’ I replied.

‘Please? I really want to go out. I really feel like going out and eat ice cream today. Is there really no way? Pluz I fine already. See? Please? ’ she pleaded using her puppy eyes again and jump up and down showing how fine she is.

‘Just ice cream and we’ll come back? Please?’ she said again when she saw no reaction from me.

‘Just ice cream only and we’ll comeback?’ I raise one of my brows as I asked to confirm.

‘Yes I promise, just ice cream and we’ll come back.’ She said and put out her pinky to promise.

‘Fine!’ I said and held out my pinky to hers.

‘Yay! Thank you so much!’ Reii said as she hugged me.

‘Thump! Thump!’ my heart palpitated. *How I wish Im the one who embraced her all this time. How I wish she could be in my arms forever.* These thoughts of having her came running to me again when she suddenly hugged me.

‘Wow girl, I just promise that you can go out and eat ice cream and you’re so happy until you hugged me? Looks like I gotta do this more often and I’ll be able to get hugs from you.’ I asked teasingly.

‘Yah!’ she said and lightly hit my arm when she released her hug.

I waited for her at the sofa while she changed her clothes.

‘Done!’ I looked up to see her standing in front of me.

*Wow!* She never fail to amazed me with her charms. Even though she was wearing a ugly nerd specs with simple white long sleeve shirt hoody and a sky blue denim shorts with her long curly hair dangly at the side, she still looked so gorgeous.

‘Lets go! Lets go!’ she said excitingly, grabbing my left wrist and head for the door when I didn’t respond to her.

I unknowingly smiled while watching her pulled me out if the house to the ice cream shop some distance away from her house.

 

Reii’s POV

I pulled Junhyung out of house once I finished changing not wanting to lose anytime to get to my ice cream. I looked at the ground all the time while we were on the road, not wanting anyone to recognize me. A hand suddenly holds onto mine. I looked up to see Junhyung smiling at me.

‘Don’t worry, no one will recognize us when we had that ugly nerd specs on.’ Junhyung said and gives me a smile to assure me.

‘Really?’ I asked worriedly as I don’t wanna get attacked by fans especially in front of him and I don’t wanna have another rumor about him and me going around after the rumor about me and Doojoon.

‘Yup! Just trust me arraso?’ he said, still holding my hands as we walked down the road.

I nodded and followed his lead.

 

Junhyung’s POV

The cheerful her was suddenly gone when we were walking on the road. She was staring at the ground all this while, looking from the side of her eyes warily once in a while when people walked past her. *She is really affected by the exposed.* I took her hand and assured her that nobody will recognize her. Although she nodded her head but I could still see her worried about it. I squeezed her hand once in a while and talk random things with her to make her relax a bit. She was starting to relaxed and back to her cheerful self but I was still holding onto her hands. In fact I didn’t want to let it go and she didn’t seem to mind it at all. She must be thinking that the hold was nothing but to me it was everything. I did it to assure, make her relax at first but when she did relaxed, I didn’t want to let go, I wanted to continue to hold her, thinking of having her as mine for today. *Sorry hyung, just this once. Let me have her for today. Just today.*

We walked into the ice cream shop hand in hand like a normal couple on a date.

‘What flavor are you eating?’ I bend down to ask her when she was busy looking at her the ice cream in front of her.

‘Hmm.. Vanilla? What are you?’ she turned her face to face me.

‘Thump! Thump!’ my heart palpitated again. Our faces were just inches apart from one another. *Damn! Her face I still so pretty upclose!*

‘You there? What flavor do you want?’ she asked as she waved a hand in front of me to get my attention.

I immediately snapped out of it and told her to get me chocolate mint. I tried to calm my heart down with my right hand since my left hand is still holding her as she ordered our ice cream. I give her a smile when she turned to face me again, handing my chocolate mint ice cream to me. I cant help but feel empty and disappointed when she release her hand from mine when we found a table at a corner to sit in.