Doubt

Tonight

Days later...

Dara was having her hair done for 2NE1's photo shoot when she heard one of the YG staff calling her name.

"I'm here." She answered, waving her hand.

"Dara-sshi, this came for you." Someone handed her a brown paper bag.

Wondering what it was, she peeked inside.

"Oh."

Her eyes lit up when she saw her favorite sandwich and drink.

There was also a small note card inside.

'Maybe it's from a fan.' She thought as she took it out and read it.

"Baby Girl, do well and eat well. See you later. Saranghae." The card had colorful butterflies on it.

A smile crept on her face.

Bom, who is sitting on the chair beside her, was looking at Dara's reflection in the mirror.

She raised an eyebrow when she saw the brown bag her friend was holding.

"Yah! How come Jiyong didn't send us food?" She pouted as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Bom-ah, stop moving. I'm not done with your make-up." Seung Eun said while applying mascara on her eyelashes.

Dara laughed. "We can share, Bommie-ah."

Her eyes widened. "Jincha?"

She excitedly clapped her hands.

Dara divided her sandwich and gave the other members a portion.

"Mmmm!" Bom smiled widely while munching.

Chaerin and Minji stared at her shaking their heads.

"If that's not enough I can give you my share." The maknae offered.

"No, don't!" Chaerin stopped Minji. "She's on a strict diet, remember?"

"Hul!" Bom glared at her making everyone laugh.

++++++++++

After Dara finished her part for the photo shoot, she went back to the dressing room.

"Nuna, you can change now while you wait for the others to finish." Yanggeng said.

She removed some of her accessories and handed them to Hyun Jung.

"I want to rest for awhile." She lay on the sofa and closed her eyes.

"Are you going with Jiyong to Japan?" She heard Yanggeng asked someone.

"Yup, sajangnim asked me to go with them." Hyun Jung said. "He wants me to shop for more outfits and accessories for the girls."

"Make sure you meet up with Kiko and her model friends." Yanggeng reminded him.

"Don't worry. I think Jiyong already informed Kiko."

'Huh?' Dara thought.

She didn't open her eyes or move. 'What does Jiyong had to do with... Kiko? Who is Kiko?'

"Were you two just talking about Kiko Mizuhara?" She heard a staff member asked.

"Ne, wae?" Hyun Jung asked.

"Nothing, it's just that when Big Bang was staying in Japan, she offered to be their tour guide. She even introduced Jiyong to some of her model friends. I remembered how ecstatic he was to have new shopping buddies."

Dara listened intently to what they were talking about.
She was absolutely sure that she never heard the name Kiko before.
Considering the fact that Jiyong had told her the names of all his friends in Japan, he never did mention that he has a friend named Kiko.

She can hear the staff members and stylists exchanging stories about Japan, fashion, models, Big Bang, Jiyong, and Kiko around her.
It seems to her that they already assumed she knows about Kiko since she is Jiyong's girlfriend.
She was getting curious that she wanted to know more about her boyfriend's so-called friend.

++++++++++

After 2NE1's photo shoot, Dara and Jiyong decided to meet at YG building.

It was already past dinner time so she decided to stop by a convenient store to buy some snacks.

When she entered the dance studio, Youngbae and the dancers were having their break.

"Dara nuna's here." One of the dancers announced.

Jiyong and Youngbae stopped what they were doing and went to greet her.

"Yay! You brought us food." Youngbae cheered when he saw what she was holding.

He helped her carry one of the plastic bags.

"Thanks, nuna." He gave her a warm smile, then he looked around. "Come and get it."

The dancers happily gathered around him to get their food.

"Nuna, Kamsahamnida!"

"Unnie, Kamsahamnida!"

Dara smiled at them as she put the other plastic bag on the bench nearby.

"The drinks are here." She said.

Jiyong who was standing beside her wrapped his arm around her waist.

"How's the photo shoot?" He asked, giving her a light kiss on the cheek.

"Tiring." She replied while taking out a bottle of orange juice from the plastic bag.

She opened it and handed it to her boyfriend.

Jiyong smiled widely.

"Kamsahamnida, baby." He said as they sat together in one corner.

"Where are the girls?"

"Dorm." She simply answered.

"Did you drive here alone?" He took a sip of his juice

"Ne,"

Hearing her flat responses, Jiyong frowned and turned his head to look at her.

Dara was sitting on his right side.
She has her legs and arms crossed with her back leaning against the wall.
Her gaze was at the floor.
He doubts if she even noticed him staring at her.
Instinct tells him that something was bothering her.

Jiyong glanced around to check what everybody was doing.

They were all busy eating, talking and laughing.

He looked back at Dara and nudged her.
She looks at him questioningly.

"Can you check something for me?" He said turning his head to the right.

"I think I have a bump here." He pointed at the back of his left ear.

Dara looked confused.
She furrowed her eyebrows and leaned closer to check where he was pointing.
With her right hand, she touched and gently caressed the part where Jiyong said the bump was.

Jiyong grinned seeing her face inches away from his.
Without a warning, he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

Dara blinked.

She immediately looked around in panic.
She saw Youngbae smiling slyly at her while shaking his head.
Luckily, it was only him who saw what just happened.
She turned to Jiyong and glared.

"Mwoya!" She said hitting him playfully.

"You look so cute when you're in shock." He chuckled while shielding himself from her gentle blows.

Dara felt herself blushing from embarrassment but she couldn't control herself from smiling as well.

In revenge, she tickled Jiyong causing his body to jerk spasmodically.

Loud laughter filled the room.

The dancers and Youngbae watched the couple playing around like they have a world of their own.

"Aigoo. Aigoo." Jaewook said shaking his head. "Those two are really not scared to be caught by sajangnim. Aigoo"

Youngbae smiled while opening a bottle of water.

"Let them be, hyung." He said. "The two will be busy soon. It'll be hard for them to find time again."

"I know." Jaewook sighed. "Busy days are coming again."

Their conversation was later interrupted by the sound of a slamming door.
Everyone turned to look.

Dara was sitting alone staring at the door.
They can easily tell that Jiyong was responsible for the loud sound that they heard.
She glanced at Youngbae with a flushed face.
He knew right away that she was upset.

'What did he do this time?' Youngbae thought.

He immediately went to her.

"What happened? Where's Jiyong?"

Dara looked at him confused.

"I don't know." Her voice was shaking.

"I just asked him something then he got pissed and left."

Youngbae noticed that she was starting to tear.

"Okay calm down, nuna." He said softly. "Let's talk outside."

++++++++++

At the fire exit of YG Building...

"I don't understand why he needs to be angry."

Youngbae sat beside her and soothed her back.

Dara turned to him, sniffling. "Am I wrong to ask him about that, Youngbae?"

"He said I was interrogating him." She added in between sobs. "That I didn't trust him."

Youngbae rolled his eyes and pulled her into his arms.

"Shhhh..." He cooed. "You did nothing wrong, nuna."

"Do you know her, Youngbae?"

"Yes, nuna." He simply replied.

She pulled away from him and wiped her tears. "Are all Big Bang members close to her?"

He smiled and nodded his head, "That's why you shouldn’t worry about her."

"Kiko was introduced to us when we did a show in Japan." He explained. "She's a model-actress there. Hearing that Jiyong loves fashion, she introduced him to some of her model friends. They mostly talk about fashion and they get together just to shop for clothes."

Dara furrowed her eyebrows. "Is it hard for him to tell me what you just said?"

He stared at her not knowing what to say.

"I'm starting to doubt him, Youngbae."

++++++++++

When Dara left, Youngbae went back to the dance studio.

Entering the room, he felt all eyes were on him.

"Youngbae-ah, we'll start again in fifteen minutes, arasseo?" Jaewook said.

"Ye, hyung."

He noticed his best friend sitting on the bench staring at him.

"Where is she?" Jiyong asked when he passed by in front of him.

"She left." He answered without looking.

Youngbae picked up his bag from the bench and search for his cellphone.

Something inside him suddenly erupted.

He threw his bag back and turned to Jiyong.

"Next time Jiyong, just answer her questions." He said in a stern voice.

"What did I do?" His best friend asked innocently.

"Nuna was just asking you calmly, but what did you do? You went berserk."

"She was interrogating me, Youngbae.”  Jiyong reasoned out.

"What interrogating are you talking about?" He exasperatedly said. "She's not an investigator, Jiyong. She's your girlfriend!"

Jiyong sighed. "I'm just tired of her asking me about the girls who I'm associated with. It's like... she doesn't trust me or something."

Youngbae stared at him for a long time. "I got two things to say to you."

"First, Dara nuna is your girlfriend. I see nothing wrong with her asking you who you're socializing with. Second, acting defensively makes you look guilty. Maybe the reason why you're being so sensitive whenever she asks you is because you're hiding something from her."