Time

Tonight

At 2NE1's dorm...

"Dara unnie." Minji called, knocking on her bedroom door. "Unnie, aren't you going to eat dinner?"

"I'm not hungry, Minji-ah." Dara replied without opening the door.

The maknae turned to the other two who were standing behind her.

Bom frowned and shoved her to the side.

"Yah! Dara-ah." She called while banging on the door. "Come out and eat."

"Bommie-ah! I said I'm not hungry. I just want to sleep. I'm really tired."

Before Bom could bang the door again, Chaerin caught her arm and jerked her head towards the living room.


The girls sat quietly on the couch, exchanging worried glances.

"So, what do we do now?" Minji broke the silence.

"Let's call Jiyong oppa?" Chaerin suggested.

"And what?" Bom asked, scoffing. "Beg him to come and talk to Dara?"

The two girls remained quiet.

"If he cares for her, he should have come here to fix their problem." She continued.

Silence.

"She’s got a point." Minji suddenly spoke, glancing at Chaerin. "It's not the same anymore. Jiyong oppa used to be so obsessed with Dara unnie. But now..." She just shook her head not wanting to continue.

The 2NE1 leader sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

“Please don't let them break up, please don't let them break up…” She chanted with hands clasped together.

++++++++++

Lying on her bed, Dara curled herself into a ball as she struggled to make her sobs not audible for the other members to hear.

She was holding her cellphone and waiting for it to ring.


It's been two days already and still she hasn't receive a call from him.

Two days ago, Dara and Jiyong fought about him cancelling their date at the last minute.

Jiyong reasoned that he needs to finish his pending compositions.

He just came back days ago from a short trip to Japan. Big Bang was invited to perform there.

They haven't seen each other since he arrived and they just planned their date by phone.

Dara got upset because she didn't get to sleep the whole day while waiting for him.

What made her angrier was when Jiyong scolded her for not being understanding with his work and that she keeps asking for attention.

It surprised her because he was the one who was complaining why she's not bugging him for a date. He even accused her of entertaining some guys while he was away and that she doesn't love him anymore.

Dara was perplexed.
She doesn't know why Jiyong was suddenly becoming a complicated boyfriend.

When he was in Japan he didn't even answer her calls. He told her that he was in a meeting, at a show, he forgot his cellphone in the van, in the car, at the hotel room, and the excuse goes on.

Dara doesn't understand why he kept doing the things she hates.

She felt somewhat responsible for his actions.
It all started right after their Jeju Island trip weeks ago.
All their arguments piled up and they ended not talking until now.

She didn’t want to admit it but she can tell that they are nearing their end, something that she was afraid of.


Dara checked the time on her cellphone, 11:00 PM.

'He's already awake by this time.' She thought.

Tears continued rolling down her eyes.

++++++++++

Months ago, Big Bang members came back from Japan after a year long hiatus from the Kpop world.

It was the moment that Dara has been waiting for.

Her boyfriend, the Big Bang leader, Kwon Jiyong aka G-Dragon is finally back.

She and Jiyong had already planned a lot of things to do.
Like a long vacation at Jeju Island and more quality time together.
They both wanted to catch up on so many things.

But sadly, things didn't quite turn out the way they wanted them to be.

Not long after the return of Big Bang to Korea, Yang Hyun Suk had already lined up individual activities for each of the members.

And the busiest of them all was none other than the leader, Kwon Jiyong.

Jiyong's first assignment was to help his best friend, Youngbae aka Taeyang, with his upcoming solo album.

To inspire him to do well with his compositions, the president announced that Dara will also appear alongside with him in Youngbae's music video. This way, the couple will still have time together while working.

In between Youngbae's album preparation, 2NE1 members were suddenly sent to LA for collaboration with an American producer while Big Bang members went back and forth to Japan to do some shows.


== FLASHBACK ==

Two days after 2NE1 members came back from LA...

"Who are you calling, unnie?" Minji asked as she sat beside Dara on the couch.

"Jingyo." She replied biting her lower lip.

"Waeyo? He's not picking up?" The maknae asked seeing her friend’s anxious face.

She didn't answer.

Dara's been calling Jiyong since they arrived in Korea but for some reason she can't seem to reach him.

"Maybe he's busy, unnie." Minji said. "You know that they have lots of guestings lined-up in Japan."

She sighed and tried to contact him again.

Few rings later...

"Jingyo!"

"Baby."

"Jiyong-ah, where are you?" She asked when she heard loud music in the background.

"I'm in a club."

"What are you doing there? Have you eaten?" She asked continuously. "Are you with the other members?"

"Ne, we're together." Jiyong replied. "We just finished our meeting with the president of an agency here."

"Oppa, c'mon join us...” Dara heard a woman's voice on the other line.

"Who's that?" She asked curiously.

"Uh, Dara-ah, I need to go. I'm kinda busy right now." He suddenly said. "Eat well and sleep early, arasseo?"

"Ji-"

'CLICK'

"Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo? Jingyo?"

Dara frowned when she realized that her boyfriend just hung up on her.

"You haven't told him about our meeting with sajangnim." Minji said, staring at the television.

"He hung up on me." She grimaced in disbelief.

Her friend clicked her tongue. "Boy, will he go ballistic once he hears that we'll start preparing for our comeback next week."


Three days later....

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jiyong asked in frustration. "I had everything planned already."

"I tried to tell you the night I called you in Japan but you hung up on me. Remember?" Dara explained.

She went to sit beside him on the staircase.

They were at the fire exit of YG Building. It was the only place that has no CCTV cameras installed.


When Jiyong heard what she said all his frustration went down the drain and guilt crept inside him.

He reached for her hand and entwined his fingers with hers.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to do that." He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it. "I was busy when you called."

Dara rested her head on his shoulder.

"So what are we going to do now?" She sighed. "Looks like no Jeju Island trip for us."

He played with the couple ring that she was wearing on her finger. "I hate when this happens."

"Me too." His girlfriend seconded.

"Now that you're done with Youngbae's album, I'll be busy with 2NE1's comeback. And during our promotion, you'll start preparing for Big Bang's new album." Dara sighed heavily. "It'll be hard for us to find quality time together."

Jiyong knew she was right. He can't explain why, but he suddenly felt sorry for his girlfriend.

"Are you tired having G-Dragon as your boyfriend?"

"Of course not.” Dara quickly replied, looking at him. “I’m proud that you’re my boyfriend. How about you? Are you tired of having me as your girlfriend?"

He let out a chuckle. "Are you kidding me? Never. I'm always grateful that I have you. "

Dara felt her cheeks getting hot so she snuggled into his chest. "I'm just scared that with all our schedules, we might not have time for each other anymore."

"Hey," Jiyong exclaimed, looking down at her.

Dara looks up to meet his gaze.

"Don't worry. I'll find a way." He assured her looking deeply in her eyes.

He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her lightly on the lips. "I missed you baby."

Before Dara could reply, he grabbed her by the waist and kissed her slowly and longingly.

== END of FLASHBACK ==