Too Late

Tonight

After recording for REAL Korea Music Festival, Youngbae told his manager that he has to go somewhere first before going back to YG Building.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" Boram asked.

"No thanks. Just drop me off at the dorm." He said.

++++++++++

Leaning his back against his car, Youngbae pulled out his cellphone from his pocket and dialed a number.

"Ji," He said. "Meet me here, now."

+++++++++

Like always, it was already dark when Jiyong woke up.

He just finished taking a shower when he received a call from Youngbae.

"What does he want now?" He grunted while closing the door of his car.

Fifteen minutes later, he arrived at the Han River Park.

He saw Youngbae standing beside his car facing the river.

"Hey, what's up?" He pulled back the hood of his jacket and stood beside him.

Youngbae didn't turn to look at him.

"I need to ask you something." He said in a serious tone. "I want you to tell me the truth."

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Is Kiko the reason why you're bored with Dara nuna?"

"What?!"

Youngbae turned to face him. "What's the real score between you and Kiko?"

He gasped in surprise. "Youngbae-ah, didn't I told you guys that Kiko and I are just friends?"

"Why do I find it hard to believe?"

He stared at him. "You called me here just to tell me you don't believe me?"

"No," Youngbae answered, looking back at the river.

"I think nuna is starting to wonder about Kiko." He said. "Don't you think it's about time you tell her about your relationship with Kiko?"

"I already told you guys that I'm going to. Just give me time."

"What time, Ji? Is it hard to tell your girlfriend that you have a CLOSE friend in Japan?

"Why do you make it sound so bad?"

"I can tell that nuna is going to ask me about Kiko soon. I really can't keep this from her. I feel like I'm about to burst whenever I see her. Even Seungri is having a hard time shutting his mouth."

Jiyong leaned his back against Youngbae's car. "I said I'll tell her when I'm ready."

"When will you be ready, Jiyong?" His best friend snapped.

"You said it was nothing. You said you and Kiko don't have anything romantic going on. Why don't you just explain that to nuna and get this over with."

"It's not that easy."

"Nobody is saying it's easy, Ji. We're all suffering here because of that secret of yours." Youngbae wearily said.

"I still don't get why the two of you were kissing." He added in a mumble.

Jiyong glance at him. "Look, I already told you that the kiss was a mistake."

"This wouldn't have happened if you just controlled your raging hormones." Youngbae blurted out.

He gawked in surprise. "I'm sorry, alright? It wasn't intentional that you guys got into this mess."

"But we are already in it." Youngbae pointed out. "As your best friend what I can advise you to do is to come clean with Dara nuna."

"You don't understand." Jiyong sighed. "I love Dara and I don't want to lose her."

"And Kiko?"

"I care for Kiko, she's my close friend. It's just like your relationship with Dara-"

"Wait."  Youngbae said as he faced him. "It is not the same as my relationship with nuna."

He looked at him puzzled.

"I don't French kiss with my close friend."

"Youngbae! You're not helping here." He tiredly said.

"I'm just stating the truth. The mere fact that you kissed her means that there is something more to that than friendship."

"That 'something more', Youngbae...” He countered. "Is MISTAKE."

"Ji, all I can say is that it already happened." Youngbae said. "Now is the time to tell nuna the truth."

"I don't know if Dara will understand that."

"It's Dara nuna, we're talking about here. She is the most kind-hearted person we have ever met."

"So what you're saying is that if I tell her Kiko and I kissed, she'll understand?" He questioned raising an eyebrow.

His best friend turned mute.

"See? You're not in my position so don't pressure me."

Youngbae looked back at the river again.

"Keeping the truth from her is not an option, Ji." He quietly said.

Jiyong looked down on the ground.

"I know that." He mumbled. "You don't need to keep reminding me."

"Give me more time. I promise, I'll tell her."

++++++++++

At the recording studio...

Teddy and Jiyong were discussing the melodies that they are going to add for one of the songs that Jiyong made.

"I think this one is better." Teddy said playing the melody again from his computer.

"Sure, hyung." Jiyong replied quietly.

"So this is it then." He said turning around to look at him.

"Ye, hyung."

Teddy squinting his eyes and examined him.

"What's up with you?" He asked.

Jiyong was slouching on the sofa staring at his cellphone.

"I think she's asleep, Ji."

Jiyong sat up and looked at him. "Are we done for now, hyung?"

"You haven't answered my question." Teddy pressed.

"I'm just feeling under the weather right now."

Teddy leaned on the table and puts his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

"If something's bothering you, you can always tell me." He said.

Jiyong just shook his head.

"Not now, hyung." He said standing up. "This is the time where I need to face my problems alone."

++++++++++

Next day...

Dara woke up feeling fresh.

She quickly checked her cellphone for messages.

"Baby, I'm at the recording studio right now. I miss you. Sleep well. Saranghae." - Baby Boy 11:30PM

"I really miss you. Can I see you tomorrow? Kekeke.. Text me once you wake up. Love you, baby girl." - Baby Boy 3:00AM

"I'm about to leave the recording studio. I'm so tired. I hope to see you tonight. I love you, baby." - Baby Boy 7:00AM

"Nuna, just a reminder. No practice today. Feel free to rest." - Jjangoo 7:10AM

She sat up and smiled. She turned to her side and grabbed her stuffed bunny.

"Tam-tam-ah, it's a wonderful day." She said. "Why don't we take a picture?"

After taking a picture, Dara opened her laptop and logged into her Me2day account.

"Let's post this now, Tam-Tammie-ah." She said in a singsong voice.

++++++++++

"OH MY GHAD!!!"

Bom, Chaerin, and their manager were eating their breakfast at the kitchen when they heard Minji's voice from the living room.

"Minji-ah," Chaerin called. "Are you okay?"

"Uhm... No! Come here, palli!"

The three exchanged glances.

"Palli!"

They headed to the living room.

She was sitting on the floor, facing her laptop that's sitting on the coffee table.

"Look!" With a panicked look on her face, she pointed at the screen.

The three hovered around and looked.

"Oh my ghad!" Chaerin and Bom said at the same time.

Minji quickly shushed them. "You might wake up unnie."

Their manager's cellphone rang.

The girls found out that it's a call from a YG staff asking if they saw the news.

"What are we going to do?" Bom worriedly asked them. "What if she wakes up and sees this?"

"Uhmm, girls." Minji called their attention. "I think there's a big possibility that she already saw this."

"What do you mean?" Chaerin asked, sitting beside her on the floor.

Minji turned her laptop for them to see what she meant.

"She already went online."

++++++++++

Tears welled from Dara's eyes while staring at the screen of her laptop.

"G-Dragon is dating Japanese Model, Mizuhara Kiko" The headline said.

Written in big bold letters, enough to call her attention.

A picture of a beautiful woman was posted along with the picture of her boyfriend.

This is the first time she saw the famous Japanese model friend of Jiyong.

"Dara-ah." She heard Bom knocking on her door.

She bit her lip as she tries to suppress her sobs.