He is Taken

Tonight


Next Day....

The girls were busy recording when someone entered the studio.

"Youngbae-ah!" Bom greeted sweetly.

She and Dara were sitting on the couch smiling at him.

"Whoa Bom nuna, you're in a good mood today." He acted surprised.

Teddy turned sideways in his chair and greeted him. "What's up man?"

Youngbae went to him and they did their gangster-style handshake.

He waved at Minji who was inside the recording booth.

Chaerin, who was sitting beside Teddy, looked up from her iPad. "Hi oppa."

"Stop playing. You're already starting to look like the zombie in the game." He teased.

She pouted her lips.

"Just kidding." He chuckled while walking towards the couch.

He ruffled Dara's hair which earned him a glare from her.

"What are you doing here, Youngbae-ah?" Bom asked.

She moved to the side so he can sit between Dara and her.

"Visiting you." He answered with a wink.

Youngbae saw Dara rolling her eyes.

He poked her side making her squeak.

"Yah!" She said hitting him on the shoulder.

He laughed. "Nuna, you punch like a girl."

"I AM A GIRL."

Bom clicked her tongue and shook her head. "These two."

"Did you have a meeting with Sajangnim?" Teddy asked him.

"Yup." Youngbae replied in a casual, bored tone. "We discussed about the preparations for my Solar Concert."

"But your concert date is next month." Dara said.

"I know." He sighed. "Up until now we still haven't finalized anything."

"The concept, the clothes, the songs, and the list goes on."

Chaerin stopped playing with her iPad and turned to them.

"Oppa, why don't you perform I Need A Girl with Dara unnie?" She said.

"Maja, maja." Bom enthusiastically agreed.

"Girls, stop that." Dara said feeling embarrassed.

"I don't think it's a bad idea, nuna." Youngbae lightly nudged her and smiled.  

"I already suggested something to Sajangnim and he said he'll think about it." He added.

"How about doing a y performance with Dara?" Teddy teasingly suggested. "Why don't you two perform Prisoner instead?"

"Oppa!" Dara exclaimed, blushing.

"Now that's a great idea." Bom beamed, clapping her hands.

Youngbae turned to Dara. "Actually, I requested that we have a special stage on my concert. I hope you won't turn me down, nuna."

She gave him a shy smile.  

"You know I won't say no to you, Youngbae. But are you really sure you want me to be part of your concert?"

Smiling back, he nods his head. "I'm absolutely sure, nuna."

"Then it's confirmed." Dara clapped her hands. "The ticket sales will increase."

All the people in the recording room burst out laughing.



Halfway through the girls' recording, Youngbae and Teddy had a chat about Jiyong's party.

"We haven't started the second song yet. I think I'm gonna be late tomorrow." Teddy informed him.

"Are the girls coming too?" He asked in a whisper.

"I don’t know," Teddy shrugged his shoulders and leaned closer to him. "Jiyong asked me to talk to Dara."

"Have you?"

"Not yet. I'm still hoping that he'll ask her instead."

++++++++++

Jiyong was awakened by his vibrating cellphone.

"Aishhh!" He mumbled while reaching for his phone under his pillow.

"Yah!" He answered.

"Yah to you too!"

"Nuna?"

"Get up now and have lunch with me."



Minutes later...

Jiyong adjusted his hood as he sat on the opposite chair.

"I already ordered for you."

"Thanks, nuna." He said.

"So how is she?"

"Still not talking to me." He mumbled grimly.

Dami sighed and glared at her brother.

"What the hell were you thinking?" She asked furiously.

"Nuna, believe me. Kiko and I are just friends." Jiyong explained.

"I don't care about the scandal, Jiyong." She said sternly. "I just don't understand why you can be so careless."

"I told you a thousand times that you should be careful when you're meeting with your female friends."

"Nuna please, it happened already." He said looking down at his plate. "I can't change it."

Seeing his brother's condition, Dami's irritation slowly disappeared.

He lost weight and dark circles are starting to be visible under his eyes.

She reached for his hand and squeezed it.

"Jiyong-ah, do you want me to talk to her?"

"No," He quickly replied. "It's between the two of us, nuna. I should be the one cleaning up this mess."

Her sister sighed and reached for the big paper bag that was sitting on the vacant chair.

"This is from us." She said handing him the bag. "Omma said if you have time you should come visit us."

She stood up and sat beside him.

"Advance happy birthday, dongsaeng." She hugged him.

He hugged her back.  

"If you need anything just tell nuna, okay?" She said while rubbing his back.

"I will. Thanks nuna."

"Now let's eat."


While eating, the two siblings talked about Jiyong's birthday plans.

"I wish I could come to your party but I already promised omma that I'll accompany her somewhere."

"That's okay, nuna." Jiyong said taking a sip of his juice. "I'll come home and visit before going to Japan next week."

"Is Dara coming to your party?" His sister asked curiously.

"I don't know." He sadly replied.

"Why don't you ask her?" She asked.

"I can't." Jiyong said with a frown. "She doesn't want to talk to me, remember?"

"Then text her instead."

"She changed her number and I wasn't included in her distribution lists."

Dami suddenly snorted. "Sorry."

"I can give you her number." She said fiddling with her cellphone.

Jiyong gaped in disbelief. "You have her new number too?!"

Her sister just smiled.

"Unbelievable!" He huffed.

++++++++++


"Miya!" Kiko greeted her with a big hug.

"Yeah, yeah, you miss me, I know." Her friend said with a chuckle.

"When did you arrive?"

"Two days ago." Miya replied as they walk to the living room.

"I was so surprised when I received your call last night." Kiko said sitting on the single couch.

Her friend smiled and went to sit on the big couch. "You should be."

"Why? Do you have a present for me?" Kiko asked, handing her a glass of juice that she prepared earlier.  

"Present?" Miya chuckled. "The ring you asked me to buy you in Korea has caused quite a stir, Kiko."

"Oh, that. It's just a little scandal." She giggled. "We're both single. I don't see anything wrong with that."

"But unfortunately, his sajangnim is really good in ending the issue." She added with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"That's because there shouldn't be any issue in the first place." Miya took a sip of her juice.

Kiko raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you know anyway? It's not like your friends with Jiyong oppa."

Her friend crossed her arms over her chest. "I know for a fact that there is nothing going on between the two of you."

"Who knows? We might end up being together." She said with confidence. "He said that I'm his ideal girl, remember?"

"That was before, Kiko." Miya pointed out while rolling her eyes.

"But still-"

"Have you ever think about why he rejected you after you confessed to him?"

"Yah! Stop mentioning that." Kiko snapped. "You're my friend. You're supposed to be supportive."

The latter snorted. "I AM your friend, Kiko. That's why I'm advising you to do some research about G-Dragon."

"From the looks of it you seem pretty clueless on one very important detail about him." She added

"What do you mean?" Kiko asked, examining her friend. "Do you know something I don't know?"

Miya leaned her back against the couch and crossed her legs.

"I hate to burst your bubble, sis. But the Big Bang leader G-Dragon is already taken."

Kiko burst out laughing as she grabbed her glass of juice from the coffee table.

"That's impossible. He never mentioned to me that he has a girlfriend." She took a sip and chuckled. "I'm darn sure that he is single."

"Wanna bet?" Miya smirked. "I got a name."

"Then who?"

"Sandara Park"

The glass slipped from Kiko's hand.

++++++++++

"We will finish the last song tomorrow, okay? Be here at eight in the morning."

"Ye," The girls replied.

"I'm leaving first." Teddy announced.

"Drive safely, oppa." Chaerin said with a sweet smile.

"Thanks." He smiled back and bid goodbye to everyone.

"Girls, you go ahead." Dara said. "I need to go to the washroom first."

"Okay. We'll meet you at the parking lot." Bom said as they headed out.


The door of the dance studio was open when Dara passed by.
She can hear people talking inside but she didn't bother to stop and check.
Thinking Youngbae and the others are busy practicing, she just continued walking.

"Dara nuna!"

She turned around and saw Youngdeuk poking his head out the door.

"Deuk-ah," Dara greeted.

Smiling, he approached her. "Are you leaving, nuna?"

"Ne, we just finished recording but we still have to come back tomorrow."

"So you'll be here tomorrow?"

"Ne, why?"

"Oh, nothing." Youngdeuk replied with a grin.

"Are you guys done practicing?"

"Not yet, Youngbae hyung took a break. We're actually waiting for him to come back."

"Where is he?"

He shrugged his shoulders in reply.

Dara suddenly remembered something. "Oh, I almost forgot."

She opened her purse and took out something.

"Thanks for letting me borrow this. I already washed it."

Youngdeuk stared at the handkerchief in her hand and pouted. "You could have just kept it, nuna."

She looked at him puzzled.

"You know, as a token of our friendship." The young dancer said.

Though Dara find what he said awkward, she couldn't help but chuckle.

"O-okay, I’ll just keep this then." She put the handkerchief back in her purse.

"It would be better if you use it too." Youngdeuk shyly added while scratching the back of his head.

Dara gave an awkward smile. "Arasseo, I'll do that."

A great silence surrounded them.

"You should go back. Jaewook might be looking for you."

Youngdeuk nodded his head. "I'll see you around, nuna."

"Ne, thanks again.”

They both turned around and parted ways but after a few steps.

"Nuna!"

Dara looked over her shoulder and saw him in the distance walking back towards her.

"What is it, Deuk-ah?" She asked, facing him.

Without saying a word, he took her hand.

She blinked in surprise.

He grinned and put three candy mints in her hand.

"If you ever feel like running away again, just tell me and I’ll run with you, nuna."

Not knowing how to reply, Dara just stood there, dazed.

Unknown to the two, there was someone silently watching the whole scene.

++++++++++

"What did I tell you?"

"B-b-but these are just fans' speculations." Kiko stammered while staring at her laptop screen. "You can't expect me to believe these rumors."

Miya shook her head and chuckled. "Give it up already."

"But oppa said he is not dating anyone."

"Don't you get it, Kiko?" Her friend sighed. "He's not dating because he already has a steady girlfriend."

"That's not true." She argued.

"Oh believe me it's true, honey."

"How did you know?"

"I'm glad you ask." Miya grinned.

"Months ago I attended my Korean model friend's birthday party and I was introduced to 2NE1's stylist, Yanggaeng."

"I know him." Kiko cuts in. "But we're not close."

"Anyway, back to my story." Miya ignored her comment.

"I overheard him talking to someone about Jiyong scolding him for dressing up one of the 2NE1 members with revealing clothes."

"So what? That doesn't prove anything." Kiko interrupted. "He's just looking after his hoobaes."

"I'm not finish yet." Miya glared at her.

"I heard Yanggeng said he threatened Jiyong that if he keeps complaining about what HIS GIRLFRIEND wears, he'll just quit being their stylist." She continued.

Kiko was silent for a moment. "S-so h-how did you find out that Dara is the one he's talking about?"

"Easy," Miya smiled broadly at her. "Yanggaeng mentioned that DARA called him to apologize for HER BOYFRIEND'S behavior."

Kiko was speechless.

"I'm sure you can read between the lines, my dear friend." Miya said.

"If you can see in those pictures and articles," She said pointing at Kiko's laptop screen.

"The ring he is wearing is exactly the same as Dara's. The couple clothes and accessories. Plus the fact that he's ignoring you. It's crystal clear that Sandara Park is G-Dragon's girlfriend."

++++++++++
 
Jiyong was lying on his bed and staring at his cellphone.

"Should I text her or not?" He thought.

"Aisshhhh," He muttered as he debated with himself.


==FLASHBACK==

"Bye bro," Seunghyun said as he and Jiyong did their brotherly handshake.

"Thanks for coming, hyung."

"And thanks for the sneakers." Jiyong added with a wide smile.

"See you tomorrow." Seunghyun said giving him a quick hug. "Saengil chukha hae."

He waved his hand and bid goodbye to the others as he exits the restaurant.

"Oppa."

Jiyong turned around and saw Chaerin walking towards her with Bom and Dara following behind.

"It's time for us to get some beauty rest." She hugged him. "Saengil chukha haeyo."

"Thanks Chaerin-ah."

The girls took turns in giving him a hug.

When it was Dara's turn he smiled softly and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Don't go yet, let's leave together." He whispered.

"Okay." She answered.

Jiyong leaned over to give her a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Yah!" She said softly. "Someone might see us."

He rolled his eyes. "Everyone I invited here knows you're my girlfriend, Dara."

"Aigoo, there's no need to brag." Bom interrupted them.

"You're just jealous." Chaerin .

"Excuse me. I am not."

The couple and Chaerin laughed at her reaction.


Holding each other's hand, Dara and Jiyong went back to their seats.

"Have they left?" Youngbae asked.

"Yup." Dara replied.

"Jiyong-ah." Choice 36 said. "You should let her rest too."

Jiyong put his arm around Dara's shoulders.

"With all the GDTV cameras around earlier, I wasn't able to get close to her." He said, sounding a little upset.

"I just want to spend more time with her."

"Awww. How sweet of you, hyung." Seungri teased while munching on some finger food.

Jiyong picked a crumpled tissue from the table and threw it at him causing everyone around to laugh.

"Shut up, latecomer." He said.

"I said I was sorry." Seungri pouted. "It's not my fault that our shoot finished late."

"Yeah whatever, maknae-ah." Kush said, sipping his beer.

"It's sad that Daesung is not around." Youngbae suddenly opened up.

"I know," Jiyong said. "He greeted me earlier. I told him I'll visit him tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."

"Poor guy." Choice 36 said. "It's a good thing he'll be out of the hospital soon."


After two hours of drinking and chatting, they decided to call it a night.

They were standing outside the restaurant saying their goodbyes.

"So where are you two going?" Kush asked the couple.

"We'll just drive around." Jiyong simply replied.

"Jiyong-ah, I think you should drive nuna to her dorm." Youngbae nods his head towards Dara's direction.

She was staring straight ahead with eyes half open.

"He's right, hyung." Seungri agreed, glancing at her. "She looks sleepy."

Jiyong wrapped his arm around her waist. "Baby, are you okay?"

She gave him a faint smile and nodded her head.

"I'm fine, Jingyo." She said yawning. "Are we going somewhere?"

"Yes, baby girl." He gently answered while kissing her temple.

"I know you're sleepy, but just for tonight, can you go with me somewhere?" He pleaded.

Dara rubbed her eyes and groaned a little.

"Oh alright." She said. "Where are we going?"

"Yeah, where are you taking her, Jiyong?" Kush asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Hyung, you're thinking dirty thoughts again." Youngbae warned.

Kush and Choice 36 laughed while Dara blushed in embarrassment.

"It's a surprise." Jiyong gave them a mysterious smile.

He held his girlfriend's hand and waved to them as they walk towards his car.


"Omo, Jingyo." Dara exclaimed.

Jiyong chuckled seeing how delighted she is.

"I knew you'll like it here." He sat down on the sand.

Dara sat beside him smiling brightly while looking around.

Jiyong placed the blanket he brought over her shoulders.

He put an arm around her and drew her closer to him.

"I didn't know that this place exists." She wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled into his neck.

Sitting on the shore, both gazed at the dark clear sky.

"The stars are twinkling brightly." She whispered.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" Jiyong kissed the top of her head.

Dara looked up at him and smiled. "You really are the best, Jingyo-ah."

She planted a soft kiss on his lips.  "Saengil chukha hae."

Jiyong smiled as he stared at her face.

"What?" She asked feeling conscious.

"Have I ever told you that you're beautiful?"

Dara rolled her eyes and laughed.

Without a warning, he leaned closer to her face and gave her the most intimate kiss.

==End of FLASHBACK==

Jiyong sat up in his bed.

With the cellphone in his hand, he started typing.

+++++++++

Dara closed the door of her room and went to sit on her bed.

She opened her purse and pulled out the handkerchief.

Staring at it, she took a deep breath.

=FLASHBACK=

"If you ever feel like running away again, just tell me and I’ll run with you, nuna." Youngdeuk said.

Surprised with what he said, she just stood there, speechless.

"Yah! Youngbae-ah!" They heard a familiar voice called.

They both saw Jaewook standing outside the dancing studio looking behind them.

Dara and Youngdeuk turned their heads to the direction he was looking at.

"Palli palli." Jaewook commanded. "It's late already we have to finish the practice."

Dara saw Youngbae walking towards them with an unreadable expression.

Jaewook turned his attention to them.

"What are you two doing there?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Deuk-ah, get in here."

"Ah, ye." Deuk bid goodbye to Dara and went in the dancing studio followed by Jaewook.

When Dara turned around, she was startled to see Youngbae standing in front of her.

"Oh, h-how's practice?" She stuttered.

"Fine, nuna." He replied, looking intently at her.

She wondered why he looked like he's not in the mood.

"Young-"

"I saw the girls in the parking lot." He said in a monotone voice. "They are waiting for you."

"Ah, ne." Dara gave out an awkward laugh. "I'll be going now. Bye Youngbae."

=End of FLASHBACK=
 
"What's wrong with him?" Dara wondered. "Is he sick?"

Her cellphone suddenly vibrated.