Hands Are Tied

Tonight

Dara rest her weary head on Bom's shoulder.

She's been crying for hours now and she hasn't eaten anything yet.

Everyone in the living room is worried about her.

They tried everything to console her but to no avail.

She just kept on crying.  

Jjangoo just finished talking on the phone with someone from YG office.

"Girls, stay here and don't go out. Sajangnim's order." He said looking at everybody.

"They already released your schedule for next week and I'm going to the office to discuss this with the staff."

He turned to Youngbae. "Be careful when you leave. There are fans outside roaming around. I suggest that you stay here until dark or until I come back."

"Ne."

"I'll leave the girls to you. And please, convince nuna to eat something."


When Jjangoo left, Minji went to the kitchen to fix Dara something to eat.

"Oppa, is this true?" Chaerin asked curiously.

She was sitting on the floor, browsing the net.

Youngbae looked down at her. "If you want the truth, it would be better to ask Jiyong."

"But you and the boys are with him all the time." Bom reasoned out. "You should know. Or are you just protecting your best friend?"

"That's unfair nuna," Youngbae protested. "Dara is also my friend. If Jiyong was cheating, do you think I'll allow that?"

"Enough," Dara spoke weakly. "Bom, don't question Youngbae. He has nothing to do with this."

"But-"

They suddenly heard a cellphone ringing.

"It's coming from Dara unnie's room." Minji came back from the kitchen.

She was holding a tray of sandwich and juice for Dara.

"I don't want to talk to him." Dara started crying again.

Youngbae, who was sitting on her other side, soothed her back.

"You have to talk to him, Dara." Bom gently said. "You deserve some explanation."

"How will you know if the scandal is true if you don't talk to him, unnie?" The maknae said, placing the tray on the coffee table.

"Please," Dara sobbed. "I don't want to talk to him and I don't want to see him."

Chaerin signaled Minji to get the cellphone.

It was still ringing when she came back.

"Here, unnie." She handed the cellphone to Dara.

++++++++++

The two can still hear Seungri calling and banging on the door but they just completely ignored him.

With the cellphone pressed against his ear, Jiyong grunts in frustration while walking around his room.

Seunghyun was sitting on the bed watching his friend walking back and forth in front of him.

"Mind telling me how this all started?"

Jiyong looked at him annoyed. "How will I know? The news is nothing but a lie."

He clicked his tongue. "Are you sure? Because from what I saw in the hot-"

"The hell with what you saw!" Jiyong snapped and threw the cellphone on his bed. "I told you before, it was all a mistake."

He smirked. "So..?  Is that what you call... the heat of the moment?"

The latter shot him a glare.

"F^ck, Jiyong! If we didn't arrive sooner, who knows what MISTAKE the two of you could have done!"

"Hyung, believe me. It was nothing. You're a man and you should know."

Seunghyun snorted. "Well I know well enough that I shouldn’t be kissing another girl if I already have a girlfriend."

Jiyong's face darkened.

"God! I don't know what to say anymore." He sighed as he sat on the bed and buried his face in his hands.

"What are you going to do now?" Seunghyun turned to him. "By this time, Dara nuna is probably crying her heart out."  

Not saying a word, Jiyong stood up and headed to his bathroom.
Minutes later, he came out wearing jeans with his shirt hanging on his shoulder.
He was holding a black hoodie on one hand and a pair of shoes on the other.

He sat beside Seunghyun and started putting on his sneakers.

"Where do you think you're going?"

He didn't answer.

He stood up and put his shirt and hoodie on.

"I said where are you going?"

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Where else?"

He grabbed his car keys from the desk and opened his door.

Startled, Seungri greeted him with a distorted smile.

"G-g-good morning...??" He said.

Jiyong gave him a sharp look and headed towards the living room.

Daesung and Namguk approached him.

"You can't leave the dorm, Ji." His manager said. "Sajangnim's order."

"What?!"

"He called and told us to stay put. Especially you."

He scoffed. "I-NEED-TO-SEE-DARA."

"I understand, but you can't." His manager strictly said.

"Don't make it complicated as it is, Jiyong-ah." Byung Hyung said standing up from the couch.

"Let's just wait for sajangnim's instruction."

He bit his lip and looked around.

"Don't worry hyung." Daesung put his hand on his shoulder. "Youngbae hyung is already at the girls' dorm. He is taking care of Dara nuna now."

Jiyong's eyes widened as he looked at Boram. "Is that true?"

"Ne, he called minutes ago. He told me he's staying there until Jjangoo comes back from the office."

"FANATSTIC!" He shouted. "This is just great! Perfect!"

He slumped on the couch. "Now my best friend is doing what I should be the doing."

Seunghyun stood in front of him. "Does it bother you?"

He looked up. "Are you implying something, hyung?"

"Do I sound like l'm implying something?" Seunghyun asked innocently.

Jiyong stood up to answer but Byung Hyung blocked his arm between them.

"Alright, that's enough!" He warned the two.

Jiyong glared and walked back to his room.

He slammed the door shut making everyone in the living room cringe.


Inside his room, he angrily removed his hoodie and threw it hard on the floor.

He kicked his swivel chair and kept cursing under his breath.

"Ahhhhh!" He screamed as he walked towards his bed.

He grabbed everything that was on the bed and threw them everywhere.

Pillows and blanket were scattered all across the floor.

He was about to do the same thing on his desk when he felt he had kicked something solid on the floor.

He bent over and picked it up.