It's Over Now

Tonight



While Jiyong was settling into the backseat, his mind was reeling with thoughts about what to do.
He has been contemplating whether to start the conversation or just wait for Dara to speak.

Ever since Bom left them, she didn't even bother to look at him nor say anything.
She just kept her eyes fixed out the window.

Her silence is making him more anxious and eager to know what's on her mind.

She is only an arm's length away, but the small space between them was like an invincible barrier that he can't go through.

His strong urge to reach out and wrapped his arms around her is starting to take over him.
But seeing how withdrawn she was the whole time they were together, made him keep his distance.

When she finally stirred in her seat, he momentarily held his breath.
He watched as she looks down at her hands which were resting on her lap.

An enormous relief brushed his chest when he noticed his precious gift still wrapped around her finger.
Instantly, he looked down at his own hand and stared at the same ring he was wearing.
It was their symbolic bond that tied them together all these years.

"Jiyong," Dara spoke, still not looking at him.

"Ne, baby." He quickly replied, giving her his full attention.

"I want to know..." She lifted her gaze and stared straight ahead. "Why, Ji?"

"Why?" She quietly repeated.

He bit his lip and lowers his head in shame.
He was already anticipating this question.
For a long time now, he pondered on what to answer.

"Dara, to be honest, I... I really don't know what to say. I-I'm sorry." His voice was filled with remorse.

He turned his body to face her, but she just remained motionless and not looking at him.

"What you saw and heard at the party, please don't get it wrong. Kiko just called to greet me. There's nothing more to it." He explained.

He stared at her intently, watching her reaction, hoping that somehow she will look back and see his anguish but she didn't.

Letting out a heavy sigh of despair, he reached for her hands.

"I admit I made a huge mistake in Japan. God knows that everyday, every minute, and every second, I regret it."

This time, he was thankful that she looked at him for a moment.

"I never intend for that to happen, baby. I swear." He added with all sincerity. "Please forgive me. I'm really really sorry, Dara."

Looking at his disheveled appearance, it was apparent that he was having a hard time.
Though it is tearing her apart to see him this way, she maintained her composure and held all emotions inside.

She lowered her gaze and stared at his hands.

'These are the same hands that held another.' She thought.

She swallowed hard before looking away.

"Dara, please." Jiyong softly said. "Baby, look at me."

She slowly turns her head to his direction and hesitantly locked eyes with him.

"I don't know, Ji." She said with a tremble in her voice. "Until now, it's not... It's still not clear to me..."

He reached out to caress her cheek. "What is?"

She broke their gaze, shifting her eyes everywhere but him, trying to draw some courage so she can tell him what she has been keeping inside herself the past few days.

She was startled when he suddenly slid towards her, closing the distance between them.

Gently, he touched the side of her face and turned her head towards him.

"Dara, what is it?" His voice was warm and tender.

It's the kind of voice that always has its way of destroying all her defenses.

Surprisingly, the effect on her now is different.
All her hidden emotions were drawn out in an instant.

"Tell me the truth Ji, w-who is Kiko to you?" She paused to blink back the tears that were threatening to fall. "Did you two have a secret relationship while you're in Japan? Does she know you already have a girlfriend? Do you like her? D-did you..." She stopped and avoided his stunned gaze.

It was unlikely of her to ask pointed questions, and it was very evident from his reaction that she surprised him.

"NO," He quickly replied, understanding what she wanted to know.

"We didn't do it, Dara." He holds her hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze. "I DID NOT sleep with her. Believe me. We just--we're just friends. And about her knowing if I have a girlfriend, you know that we can't just tell anyone about our relationship."

She scoffed at his explanation. "If she's only a friend then why did you kissed her?"

The sudden change in his facial expression baffled her.

He looked stumped and unable to speak.

At this point, many thoughts are running through her mind. She couldn't contain her curiosity any longer.

"What's wrong, Jiyong?" She taunted him. "Why can't you answer me now?"

It is not in her nature to dig deeper into his thoughts and feelings, but after his birthday party, her mind was clouded with questions that wouldn't let her rest.
Because of this, she did something she has never done before in their relationship.
She depended on the web to feed her some answers.

She searched for more details about her boyfriend and Kiko Mizuhara's rumored relationship online.
If the kissing incident wasn't disheartening enough, she came across a previous article from which he declared that the Japanese model-actress was his ideal girl.
It not only doubled her pain but it also added fuel to the fire.

Convincing her now that he only finds Kiko as a friend made it impossible for her to believe.
The confidence and faith she has in their relationship slowly diminished.

Because of this, she came up with one conclusion.

"You like her, don't you?" Dara blurted the million dollar question.

He stiffened suddenly, as if something she said had a great impact on him. "What?! NO! No, Dara. She's just a friend. I was drunk. It--"

"O c'mon Jiyong, we all know that no matter how drunk you are you can still control yourself. Why can't you just admit that you have feelings for her?"

She felt a quick tug at her heart after she has spoken those words.
There was a lump in her chest that kept rising into every time she fought back her tears.

Jiyong loosened his hold on her hands and turned away from her scrutinizing eyes.

"I don't know what else to say to you. No matter how many times I tell you that Kiko is just a friend, you will never believe me. But I don't blame you." He paused and looks back at her. "You're the one I love--"

"That is not what I want to hear from you, Ji." She cuts him off. "Do you have feeling for Kiko?"

He bit his lip as he sat up straight.

"I care for her Dara," He quietly answered.

"Care?" She repeated.

Jiyong took a deep breath and look straight ahead.

"Kiko helped us alot when we were having a tough time adjusting in Japan. She was kind enough to show us around and introduce us to some nice friends. She is not just my friend, Dara. She's also friends with all the members. After getting to know each other, we just realized that both of us have a lot of things in common. That is why we became close, but that's just about it for me, nothing more. I only see her as a good friend." He looked down and played with his fingers. "That kiss... It wasn't supposed to happen. She was really drunk the night she confessed to me. I was surprised when she kissed me-"

He stopped talking when he caught sight of her looking away.

"But why did you have to kiss her back?"

"Dara," He tried to make her face him again but she refused.

"Baby," He begged.

"Just answer my question." She demanded.

He looked at her apologetically. "I'm sorry baby. I... I don't know why..."

=DARA POV=

His answer was short, but it was meaningful.
Feeling my heart shredding into small tiny pieces, I closed my eyes.
With my two hands, I covered my face and started weeping.

I felt his hands turning me towards him and this time I didn't protest.
I was so weak and powerless that I needed something or someone to lean on.

When he held me against his chest, I instinctively wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him tight.

"It hurts so much..." I sobbed. "H-how... How did this happen?"

"I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry.” His voice was shaking.

He embraces me tighter while resting his chin on the top of my head. "It will never happen again. I promise you."

I knew he meant what he said, but I can't find it in my heart to forget what he did.

Kissing another woman is unacceptable.
Whether she was drunk or he was. There's no excuse for that.
Thinking of possible reasons that could have make him do what he did, crushed me.

I started doubting myself again.
I started thinking again if I was good enough for him.
If it was my fault because I couldn't give him what a man needs. What he needs.

I started pulling away from him but he wouldn't let me go.

"Baby, don't." He pleaded.

"No." I whimpered, and struggled against his grip. "I can't... I can't accept this... I can't stand this anymore."

He lunges forward to embrace me but I was quick to push him away.

"NO!" I cried.

"Dara, I swear. That kiss meant nothing to me." There was fear and panic in his voice as he tries to hold me still. "Baby, please. Don't be like this-"

"It may not mean anything to you but it means a lot to me." I said between sobs. "You could have prevented it from happening... But you didn't. How could you not tell me about her in the first place, Jiyong? All this time, you accused me of doing something behind your back... It turns out it was you all along."

"I-I just didn't want you to take our friendship the wrong way- I'm scared of... I'm scared of how you would react if I tell you I met a new friend who happens to be a girl... And that we're close- just like- just like you and Youngbae...-" He stammered as he tries to explain. "I just-"

"Then tell me how should I react now?" I asked in a still voice.

==END DARA POV==


==JIYONG POV==

I couldn't answer her.

My mind and body couldn't register all of what I'm feeling right now.
I know what was happening in front but I can't seem to react.

I've been waiting for this day to come.
The day that I thought we can talk things through.
But instead, it turned out different.
The mess that I have created has never been more messed up as now.

Seeing the hurt in her eyes because of the pain that I had inflicted on her, tortures me.
I have no one else to blame but my own stupidity.

I'm so scared and I don't know what I have to say or do to make things right.
I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat.

"It's no longer important, Ji." She said, looking directly into my eyes.

I was calm but deep down inside, I was feeling restless as she speaks.

"Do you know what hurts me the most in all of these?" She bit her lip to suppress her sobs.

"It's not about you hiding your friendship... It's..." She stopped to close her eyes for a moment.

I could feel the tears starting to well up in the corners of my eyes.

"What breaks my heart is that even if you didn't tell me the reason why you kissed her..." She wiped a single tear that rolled down her face. "I already know the answer."

Now that hit a nerve. I narrowed my eyes in disbelief.
I perfectly understood what she was implying. I know where this is leading.

"No Dara, you are wrong. I don't like her that way. Why won't you believe me?"

This time I didn't care if she pushes me away, I turned her towards me and stared straight in her eyes.

"I may have upset and disappointed you countless times but when I said I love you and I want to be with you forever, those were my true feelings. That has never changed. No other woman can ever take your place here." I pointed in my left chest.

I took her right hand and placed it on my left chest. "Those words came from here and you know that."

Even if the tears kept pouring down her cheek, she forced a chuckle.

"You think you can still sweet talk me now?" Her lips curved into a bitter smile.

Something in her words made me jerk in fear.

"Wha-what?! Sweet talk?!" I blew up as I shifted in my seat. "What are you talking about?"

She gave me the look that I have never seen before.

Her expression was serene but her eyes were glazed.

It sent shivers down my spine.

"I'm tired of this, Ji." She said with a cold tone.

"Stop it, Dara." I spoke in fear.

"I'm sorry." She lowered her gaze.

"NO!" I instantly pulled her close and wrapped my arms around her.

"No, Dara. I love you." My voice cracked when I felt she wasn't responding to me. "Y-you're just angry right now-yes. Y-you're still pissed at me, right? B-but... but I understand. I'll give you more time."

Before I knew it, I broke down in uncontrollable tears.

==END JIYONG POV==

++++++++++

The girls were in the living room doing their own thing when Dara came back.

"Omo unnie, what happened?" Chaerin was on her feet as well as the other girls.
 
"I'll go get a glass of water." Minji dashed to the kitchen.

Bom and Chaerin lead Dara to her room.

They all sat on her bed and examined her.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" Chaerin asked, her hair.

"Dara-ah, what did that a**hole do to you?" Bom asked worriedly with a hint of anger in her voice.

Dara just shook her head while wiping her tears.

The maknae entered the room with a glass of water. "Bo Young unnie said that we need to be ready in thirty minutes."

She handed the glass to Dara and she accepted it.

After taking a sip, Bom soothed her back.

She burst into tears again, shocking the girls.

"I-it's over now. It's all over."

++++++++++

"It's over, Ji. Let's break up."

Dara's words kept repeating inside his head.

Driving back to his dorm was not easy for Jiyong.

He was in the car for almost an hour now and he couldn't get himself to move.

Nothing can stop him from crying his heart out.

He glanced at his cellphone that was sitting on the passenger seat.

It kept on vibrating continuously since this morning.

++++++++++


"Finally," His manager said when he enters the living room. "We've been-"

"Sorry for using your car." He said with a hoarse voice, handing him the keys.

"Hyung, what happened to you?" Seungri rushed to him after seeing his sloppy appearance.

Looking around, he noticed that all the Big Bang members and their managers where present.

"What are you all doing here?" He asked.

"It's Big Bang's anniversary, Ji. Did you forget?" Youngbae approached him with a wondering look.

"We're eating out for lunch, hyung." Daesung added with a wide smile. "Care of Sajangnim."

Jiyong just nods his head absentmindedly. "I'll just take a shower."

"Ji, are you alright?" Youngbae examined him. He noticed his best friend's eyes were all red and swollen. "You kinda look... bad."

"Uhm, listen guys." Jiyong suddenly said. "Can we celebrate later tonight? I didn't get much sleep and I'm really dead tired."

They all exchanged glances.

"Well, that's fine with me." Seunghyun spoke. "Since I don't have anything to do tonight. I also want to get more sleep."

Daesung stood up from the couch and clasp his hands.

"Okay, so tonight it is. Let's all meet later for dinner."

++++++++++

Jiyong lay on his bed, exhausted.
When he heard the door of his room opened, he quickly propped up on his elbow.

"Give me a break, Youngbae-ah." He laid back and stared at the ceiling. "I don't want to talk right now. Please leave."

His best friend ignored him and sat at the swivel chair.

"Where have you been?" He asked demandingly. "You were so drunk last night when I saw you. I'm quite surprised that you still had the energy to go out at dawn."

He didn't answer; instead, he puts an arm over his eyes.

Silence surrounded the room.

From his seat, Youngbae stared at his friend.

He can hear his heavy breathing but he was unmoving.

Thinking he was already asleep, he stood up and headed for the door.

But then a muffled cry was heard.

++++++++++

The very day Jiyong and Dara broke up, the news spread like wildfire within the YG Family circle.
All close friends were surprised and shocked.
Even if they already have a hint of what the possible cause was, they still bombarded them with calls and text messages.
But the two remained mum about the details of their sudden break up and with that, their friends respected their silence.

Their managers already informed the president about their current situation.
Surprisingly, he hasn't called them yet for their usual pep talk.

 

The next day added more gloominess to Jiyong because one of his closest friends is leaving YG to perform his military service.

Before taking his leave, Yanggaeng stopped by the YG building to say goodbye to his friends.

 

At 2NE1's dance studio...

"Oppa," Chaerin hugged Yanggaeng tightly. "I'm going to miss you."

He chuckled while rubbing her back. "I'll miss you too."

Everyone was surprised when she suddenly burst into tears.

"Aigoo." He pulled away and gazed down at her. "I told you that I'll come back after the service, didn't I?"

"But two years is very long, oppa." She sobbed, making the girls giggle.

Seungri rolled his eyes. "She's just upset because she won't have a shopping buddy while you're gone."

"Don't worry, Chaerin-ah.” Seunghyun sweetly said. "Oppa will be your new shopping buddy."

Bom raised an eyebrow at him. "That's not a good idea."

He also raised his eyebrow and smirks at her. "Waeyo, nuna? Jealous much?"

"I beg your pardon?!" She gaped at him in disbelief.
 

All Big Bang and 2NE1 members took turns in saying their goodbyes.

When it was Jiyong's turn, the two shared a long brotherly hug.

"First it was Hyun Jung, now it's you." The Big Bang leader said with hint of sadness in his voice.

"At least I'm here in Korea. I'll visit you guys often during my leave."

Jiyong smiled a bit. "But we still need to get used to not seeing you around. With you in the military and Hyun Jung in London."

Yanggaeng patted his back. "Believe me, you'll live."  Then he leaned closer to his ear. "Before I return, I want you and nuna back together, understand?"

He blinked to what he said.

"And yes, that is a threat pabo." His friend added like he was reading his mind.

Jiyong just gave him a faint smile as he steals a glance at Dara.

He caught a glimpse of her consoling Chaerin.

It was only yesterday that they broke up, but to him it already feels like forever.
She has been avoiding him since the time he showed up in their dance studio.
He was tempted many times to approach her and convince her to change her mind, but he realized that forcing her won't do any good.
Seeing her so near yet so far, makes his suffering unbearable.

"Does that look mean you'll miss me?" The stylist teased.

He forced a smiled and punched him on the shoulder. "Of course I'll miss you like I'm missing Hyun Jung. Nuthang will not be the same without you two weirdoes around."

Yanggaeng draped his arm over his shoulders. "Himnaeyaji, Jiyong-ah. I know you two will get through this."

++++++++++

As days pass by, stepping inside the YG Building has become a challenge for both Jiyong and Dara.
It wasn't easy for the two to avoid each other especially when they have schedule that requires them to be in the building at the same time.
When this happens, they act civil and try not to let their emotions take over.
They sometimes acknowledge one's presence whenever they are in front of friends and YG staff.
It was a mutual agreement that whatever happens, they won't let their situation affect their work.

Their YG friends were also helping not to make the atmosphere awkward for the two.
To them, the ex-couple are not just their friends that they work with.
Jiyong and Dara are two people whom they care and love.


At the gym...

Youngbae saw Dara staring out the window while exercising with dumbbells.

He lightly taps her on the shoulder, making her flinch.

"Why so jumpy?" He grabs her towel that was hanging from the treadmill rail and handed it to her.

"How long have you been watching me?" She puts the dumbbells back in the rack before taking the towel from him.

"Not long. I just came in." He replied, looking to where she was staring at earlier. "The view here is nice, isn't it? Especially at night."

"Ne," She quietly replied, wiping her face.

"Finish exercising?" He turns to her.

"Nope, not yet." She tied her hair up in a pony tail and stepped on the treadmill.

"I think I should be going now."

She turns to him with a frown. "So soon?"
 
"I just snuck out from dance practice. I heard you were here so I came over to say hi."

She gave him a sincere smile. "Thanks, Young-"

"Youngbae-ah," They heard a familiar voice calling.

They turned around and saw Jiyong standing in the doorway.

"Jae hyung's looking for you." He said to Youngbae, and then he turns to Dara expressionless but gives her a slight nod.

She awkwardly nods back.

"See you around." Youngbae gives her a gentle pat at the back before walking away.

++++++++++


After Youngbae and Jaewook were done discussing about some added steps for his dance, he went over to the bench and sat next to Se7en.

"How is she?" His senior asked.

He sighed and leaned his back against the wall. "The girls said that she doesn't talk much these days. The only time she's active is when the 2NE1 TV cam is on."

"And Jiyong?"

"According to Seungri, he locks himself in his room. Teddy hyung said when he's here; he just stays in the recording room most of the time."

Se7en clicked his tongue and shook his head. "These two, jincha."

There was a brief silence as they both watch the dancers practicing in front of them.

"Hyung..." Youngbae hesitantly said.

Se7en turns to him. "Wae?"

He stirred in his seat uncomfortably.

"What is it, Youngbae-ah?"

"I want to talk to you about something, hyung."