The New Threat

Tonight


The music was blasting; everyone is dancing and having a good time.

Jiyong was happily drinking with the Big Bang members near the DJ booth when he felt his cellphone vibrating.

"Who is it?" Youngbae asked.

"It's Hyuk Soo. He's probably gonna ask for directions."

Jiyong made his way to the bar section where the music is less audible.


"They're here!" Daesung suddenly announced, making everyone turn their heads.

Teddy and Kush entered the resort, followed by the Kwon twins and some other YG staff who came with them.

"It's 2NE1!" Seungri beamed when he saw Chaerin and Minji poked their heads in to check the venue.

He motioned for them to come over.

"Alright!" Seunghyun held out his hand in front of Daesung. "I won."

Youngbae stared at them in disbelief. "You made a bet if the girls are coming?"

"Correction bro," Seunghyun said slipping the money Daesung gave him inside his pocket. "Just Dara nuna."


After Youngbae greeted Teddy and the others, his eyes immediately went to the girls.

He saw Dara walking towards him.

"Youngbae-ah," She smiled. "I texted you last night but you didn't reply."

He gave her a tight smile in return.

"Sorry nuna, I was sleeping already when you texted." He flatly said while taking a sip of his drink.

Dara pouted her lips for a moment but then she smile again.

"Have you eaten?" She asked looking around. "I'm starved. We've been reco-"

"You can go and check the food over there." He cuts her off and pointing at the buffet table near the bar station.

Dara was surprised by the way her friend talks to her.

"Youngbae-ah, you know what?" She said excitedly. "I'm going to-"

Dara stopped talking when she noticed him avoiding her gaze and not paying attention.

"Youngbae-ah-"

"Excuse me nuna, but I need to talk with someone. Just tell Seungri whatever you need."

He called Seungri and walks off, leaving her appalled.

Dara's eyes followed Youngbae.
She saw him heading towards the group of girls who were dancing beside the pool.
He draped his arm around Jihye's shoulder while whispering something to her ear.
She laughs and turned to him.
They started dancing very close to each other making Dara raised an eyebrow.

'What's going on?' She wondered. 'What's wrong with him?'

"Nuna," Seungri nudged her and smiled. "I'm glad you came. Have you had your dinner?"

Dara smiled back and shook her head.

"Seungri-ah!" Chaerin went to join them. "Where's Jiyong oppa? We need to greet him first."

"I saw him go there." He pointed to where the bar station is.

"Girls," Kush called. "Let's go greet Jiyong."

Dara took one last glance at Youngbae.

She caught him looking at her but he was quick to look away.

'Is he mad at me or something?' She wondered.

She felt an arm on her shoulder.

"C'mon Dara," Teddy said leading her to walk.

++++++++++

"You need to hurry up." Jiyong said on the phone. "Arasseo. See you then."

He was about to get up from his chair when his cellphone vibrated again.

Seeing the name on the screen made him think twice.

He took a deep breath.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Oppa! Saengil Chuka-hamnida!"

He let out a chuckle. "Gomawo."

"Yah, why is it so hard to reach you nowadays." The person said, sounding very disappointed.

"Mianhe, I'm so busy that I have no time to answer my-" Jiyong suddenly stopped when he heard Teddy's voice calling him.

"Kiko-ah, I'll call you again later. Okay?" He got up from the chair and turned around.

"Hyung- D-d-dara?"

++++++++++

Dara was frozen on her spot.

'Did I hear it right?' She asked herself. 'Did I hear him say Kiko's name?'

When Jiyong turned around and saw her, the expression on his face was too obvious that anyone could easily tell how shocked and surprised he was.

"Hyung- D-d-dara?"

Teddy, whose arm was still around Dara, was lost for words.

The girls and Kush were just standing behind anticipating the next scene that is going to happen.

Silence surrounded them. They were all waiting for someone to break the ice.

Dara lowered her gaze and let out a soft chuckle.

"D-Dara, I-I didn't -." Jiyong stammered. "I-I'm glad you came."

She lifted her gaze and forced a fake smile. "S-saengil Chukahae, Jiyong."

In an instant, she turns around and walks away.

"Dara." "Unnie." Teddy and the girls called at the same time.

Dara didn't look back and continued walking, accidentally bumping into someone.

"O-Nuna," Seungri called her attention. "Where are you going?"

The other members were behind him.

The cold stare Youngbae was giving her quickly disappeared when he saw Dara's face.

She didn't respond and continued to walk, leaving the guys confused with her action.

Bom and Chaerin suddenly walked past them.

"Unnie." "Dara," They kept calling and went after her.

They now realize that something was wrong.


Jiyong was about to follow the girls but Teddy was quick enough to grab his arm.

"No," The Big Bang members heard their senior said.

They saw him firmly holding their leader's arm as the latter tried to break free from him.

"Let me go. I need to talk to her." Jiyong pleaded. "It's a misunderstanding, hyung."

"It's all a misunderstanding." He repeated for his other friends to hear.

When Youngbae heard what he said, without thinking twice, he turns around and started looking for Dara.

Jiyong tried to escape Teddy's grip but he was forced to sit on a stool near the bar counter.

"She is not going to listen to you." Kush pointed out.

"If you can just let me follow her and explain to her then I can at least clear up the misunderstanding." He exasperatedly told them.

"And then what?" Teddy raised his voice making everyone lower their gaze.

"We're not alone here, Jiyong-ah. Do you want the others to know what's going on between the two of you?"

"Why should I care about what people think, hyung?" The Big Bang leader answered back. "Dara and I are the ones who are suffering here."

"Well you two should have thought about that before you started your in' relationship!"

++++++++++

"I thought you didn't want to come." Jihye sat beside Youngdeuk, who was sitting at a table by the pool.

Heeyun took the other vacant chair beside him. "Yah, you said you're busy. Why are you here all of a sudden?"

Youngdeuk just smiled. "I finished early so I decided to come."

"Yeah right," Youngdon joined them holding a plate full of food.

He sat beside Heeyun and started stuffing his mouth.

His twin looked at him in disgust.

Jihye examined Youngdeuk. "You came because she's here, isn't it?"

He looked at her and snorted. "What are you talking about, Jihye omma?"

Heeyun said rolling her eyes. "I should have known."

Youngdeuk was going to explain himself when he caught sight of Dara walking hesitantly towards their direction.
He noticed her creasing her forehead while looking around.
The other dancers were to busy having fun that they didn't notice her.
For a minute, he was certain that she looked his way but then she quickly faced the other direction and walked briskly.
Not very long, he saw Bom and Chaerin running the other way.
He wasn't sure if his observations were correct, but based on the girls' actions; it's obvious that something was up.
He got to his feet and headed to were Dara went, leaving his twin and the two female dancers wondering.

While Youngdeuk was on his way, a figure suddenly appeared beside him.
He noticed that they were walking on the same direction.
He turned to look.
Both of them stopped in their tracks at the same time.

"Deuk-ah?" Youngbae said, narrowing his eyes.

Both of them looked surprised to see each other.

"What are you doing here? I thought you're not coming." He blurted, remembering what the twins talked about last night.

The young dancer was about to answer when he saw Youngbae shook his head. "Never mind. Have you seen Dara?"

++++++++++

Dara was inside the bathroom crying for the past ten minutes.
The cellphone in her pocket kept vibrating and she knew that her friends are worried and looking for her.
She wiped her tears as she stepped out of the cubicle.

Facing the mirror, she checked her reflection.
The evidence is all over her face.
There is no denying that she cried river of tears.
Her eyes are puffy and her nose is all red.

'This is embarrassing?' She thought.

She opened the faucet and washed her face.

'I need to get out of here.' She told herself. 'But how?'

When she came out of the bathroom, she was stunned to see two guys standing on the opposite sides.

"Nuna," Both said at the same time.

The two guys exchanged glances then went back to looking at her.

"Nuna," Youngbae spoke. "Are you alright?"

Dara stared at him.
She remembered how he gave her the cold shoulders when she arrived.
Though it confuses her and she wants to know the reason why, it's not that important to her now.

She turned her gaze towards Youngdeuk, whose expression shows utmost concern.

"Are you okay, Dara nuna?" He promptly went to her side.

She bit her lip and locked his gaze, hoping that he can read her mind.

Youngdeuk's worried expression instantly softened.

"Let's go." He said leading her to walk.

Dara followed leaving Youngbae in a state of bewilderment.

+++++++++++

"Jiyong, you babo!" Bom scolded as she pressed her cellphone against her ear.

"Do you know what we had to go through just to convince her to come?" She said to Jiyong's face.

He was sitting on the stool facing the others who are sitting on two separate tables.

In front of him, Bom was walking around in circles while trying to get in touch with her best friend.

"She was already willing to talk to you!" She flashed him a glare. "Furthermore, she even mentioned to us that she's thinking about forgiving you!"

Jiyong kicked the vacant stool beside him, making it fall.

"AAgggghhh!" He yelled as he rubbed his face in frustration.

Luckily, the music was loud enough to hide his cry of agony.

"We thought Kiko is already out of the picture, Jiyong-ah?" Kush said. "Why are you still talking to her?"

"That's because he's a freakin' a**." Se7en commented, earning a nudge from Hanbyul who was sitting beside him.

The rest of the Big Bang members quietly watched their leader bit his lips as he tries to shake whatever frustration he was feeling.

"Youngbae hyung's here." Daesung announced when he saw him coming over.

"Oppa," Chaerin went to him. "Where's- what happened to you?"

She noticed his grim expression. "Where's Dara unnie?"

"She's taking a walk." He said as he went to the nearest table.

Youngbae grabbed the bottle of beer in front of Seungri and took a big gulp.

He then turned to Teddy who was staring at him.

"I'll drive her back."

"No!"

Youngbae's head snapped to his best friend.

"Why you?" Jiyong questioned with authority in his voice. "I'm her boyfriend. I should be the one driving her back."

Youngbae sneered at him. "You think she'll allow you to give her a ride after what you've done? Whatever the hell that is."

Jiyong clenched his jaw. He wasn't angry because of what he said but because he was right.

"Why do you all keep stopping me whenever I try to talk to her, huh?" He said looking at everyone.

"Because you’re an idiot!" Se7en blurted.

This time Hanbyul hit him hard across his left arm.

"Ouch!" Wincing, he rubbed his arm.

"Now I'm not even sure if you're all with me or you're all against me." Jiyong glared at them.

"It's not like that, Jiyong-ah." Seunghyun suddenly spoke.

"It's just that whenever the two of you are having your repetitive issues, the other YG staff and dancers are present." He explained.

"You know that not all of them know about your relationship and your issues, Jiyong." He added.

"He's right, Ji." Kush agreed. "You wouldn't want both of you to get in trouble with Sajangnim, would you?"

Jiyong ignored his comment and turned to Youngbae who was standing next to Teddy.

"Where is she?" He asked.

Youngbae looked at Teddy like he wants to tell him something.

"I said where is she?" His best friend repeated.

"I already told you, Ji. She's taking a walk."

Jiyong surveyed around him like he was doing head counts. "With whom?"

Youngbae didn't answer.

As soon as Jiyong left them, Youngbae turned to Teddy.

"Hyung, we need to find Dara nuna before Jiyong does." He worriedly told him.

Teddy creased his forehead.

"Youngbae, wae?" Bom asked with concern.

"Yeah, why is that?" Teddy asked curiously.

"Dara's not alone." He said in a low voice. "She's with Youngdeuk."

"Deukie?" Bom repeated sounding surprised.

Teddy clicked his tongue then he started walking fast to where Jiyong went.

Youngbae and Seungri followed him.

"Are they talking about my boy, Deukie?" Se7en gave Bom a questioning look. "Why is she with my Deukie?"

++++++++++++

Dara had been crying since they went out of the resort.

"I knew this was a bad idea," She sobbed. "How can I be so stupid."

=FLASHBACK=

Inside the 2NE1 van...

"So does this mean that Jiyong's forgiven now?" Bom asked her best friend.

Dara removed her gaze from the window and glanced at her friends who are waiting eagerly for her reply.

"Forgiven?" She repeated, raising an eyebrow. "I don't think so."

"I just," She paused and looked out the window. " Well... Maybe. Maybe it's a good time for us to talk. I mean, clear things."

Bom and Chaerin rolled their eyes. "Ohhhh... Yeahhh... Clear things."

"In other words," Minji spoke from the back seat of the van. "Kiss and make up."

The girls giggled except for Dara who remained expressionless.

"Maybe." She whispered.

'Maybe we could still fix things.' She thought.

=END OF FLASHBACK=

Youngdeuk pulled the arm sleeve of his shirt towrads her.

"Here." He offered to wipe her tears.

Seeing the gesture, Dara let out a chuckle while shaking her head.

"Ayy nuna," He said, gently nudging her. "If you don't stop crying your eyes will turn like this."

He made a face, making her glare and giggle at the same time.

"See, you look more beautiful when you smile."

"Thanks for being here with me." Dara said to him while wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"Ah jincha, this is really embarrassing." She mumbled and sniffled.

Youngdeuk smiled and looked ahead.

"Don't worry; I'll just pretend I didn't see anything."

"Deuk-ah!" They heard a familiar voice called.

Both of them turned around to look.

They were surprised to see Jaewook standing behind them with Jiyong.

Youngdeuk quickly stood up from the gutter and helped Dara on her feet.

Judging from the way Jiyong looked at them, Dara can tell that he is pissed and also wondering at the same time.

"I was looking all over for you." Jaewook said to Youngdeuk. "I need you and your brother to help me with the barbeque."

The young dancer nods his head.

But before following Jaewook, he gave Dara a glance and smiled. "See you around, nuna."

Dara smiled back.

Jiyong's eyes followed the young dancer until he completely disappeared from his sight.

Just then, he saw Teddy and Youngbae coming out of the resort followed by Seungri.

Jiyong didn't waste time and approached Dara.

He took her by the hand but she immediately shook his hands off.

He sighed and gave her a pleading look. "Dara please. Let me explain."

"No, Jiyong." She said firmly. "Don't talk to me and don't even come near me."

He scoffed. "Now I can't talk to you but others can? I can't console or comfort you but they can?!!"

Jiyong couldn't control his emotions anymore.
He was able to let the first Dara and Youngdeuk scene pass but the second encounter is enough to tick him off.

Dara just glared at him.

"This is ridiculous, Dara. Let's stop this now." His tone turned soft.

"Stop??" She said with a sarcastic laugh. "No, you stop!"

"Ji, I was planning to fix whatever there is to fix between us. But.." She stopped, trying to hold back her tears. "Did I really have to witness that for myself, Ji?"

"Dara, baby it's all a misunderstanding." Jiyong said. "She called to greet me, that's all, Baby. She-"

"Stop it, Jiyong." She said in a soft voice.

"No, Dara." Jiyong went to pull her close to him. "Let's talk now. I can't go on another day without you."

Feeling his warmth against her made it hard for Dara to bear. Any minute more will cause her to give in and forget everything. She knew it's not right. She can't forgive him that easily just because she misses him. The more she realized how much she loves him, the more her heart breaks. She still can't get over the thought of him being intimate with another girl. A lot of things run through her mind. 

Dara pushed him away. "Please don't. Not now, Ji."

She took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. "I promise that we will talk but not now. Not tonight."

She started to walk away.

Jiyong was about to follow her but Teddy blocked his way.

"You heard her, Ji." He said.

++++++++++++

"You stay with Jiyong and Teddy."

"Ye, hyung."

Youngbae went to follow Dara who didn't know where she's going.

She just kept walking around the parking lot.

"Nuna,"

She ignored him while increasing her pace.

He caught up and grabbed her arm. "Nuna,"

Dara turned to him with a sharp glare.

"What do you want?" She hissed.

Youngbae was taken aback.

"You want to go home?" He asked. "I have my car, I can drive you."

Dara raised an eyebrow. "You want to drive me back?"

She let out a laugh. "Earlier you wouldn't even look at me. Now you want to give me a ride? What's with you guys?"

Her face turned dead serious. "No thanks, Dong Youngbae."

She started walking again.

"Nuna, I'm sorry!" He called.

"I can't hear you!" She waved her hand without looking at him.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you." He said loudly.

Dara stopped walking and turned around.

He went to her. "I'm sorry nuna; I was a total jerk earlier."

She stared at him looking perplexed.

"I-I don't know what happened to you, Youngbae-ah." Dara said lowering her gaze.

"You became cold to me all of a sudden." The sadness in her voice was very audible to his ears.
"Have I done something that made you angry or have I done something you didn't like?" She asked as she slowly lifted her gaze.

From her puffy eyes, Youngbae could still clearly see the tears that were forming.

"I was supposed to talk to Jiyong tonight." She started sniffling. "I wanted to tell you first, but it seems like you were busy or something."

She tried hard not to cry. "I think tonight is just not my night, Youngbae-ah."

She smiled at him while wiping the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

"You ignored me and Jiyong... I'm so hurting tonight." Her voice was shaking.

"Am I that unlucky?" She sobbed and chuckled at the same time.

Every word she said pricked his heart.
Deep down in his heart, he feels ashamed of himself.
Dara needed her but he was too busy feeling wronged by her just because he felt jealous of her closeness with Youngdeuk.
Because of his own jealousy, he did something he has never done to her before. - Ignore her.
Everyone close to her knows that she hates being taken for granted and ignored.
He should have known better as her close friend.
He shouldn't have added to her burdens when he knew she already has a lot of things to deal with.

He hated himself for doing that to her.

Youngbae gave an apologetic look and he gently pulled her towards him.

"I was wrong, nuna." He said, gently caressing her hair. "You didn nothing wrong. I'm really really sorry."

He felt her body shaking and this time he tried his best not to cry.