Boredom

Tonight

Jiyong stirred in his bed. Something suddenly crossed his mind that made him open his eyes.

Darkness greeted him but that didn't surprise him for he is already used to this kind of setting.

Because of Big Bang's busy schedules and late night recordings, he tends to sleep in the morning and wakes up late at night.

Recently, after he came back from their Obaidu U.S. Concert, he hasn't had a decent sleep.

His mind was troubled and his feud with Dara two days ago made it worst.

He sat up and reached for his night lamp.

Checking his cellphone, he reads updates sent to him by the other members and the YG staff.

'Recording studio. We need to talk. - Teddy'

He wondered what he could possibly want to talk about.

When Teddy says they need to talk, it means serious matters not work related.

He scanned his cellphone expecting to see a message from his girlfriend.

Normally, he gets really sensitive if he doesn’t receive a message from her every time he wakes up, but now he felt relieved not receiving any.

He got up from his bed, took a shower, and went straight to YG building.


When he arrived at the studio, Teddy, Kush, Youngbae, and Seunghyun were there.

Teddy and Kush were sitting side by side facing the computer while listening to an instrumental music that was playing.

Youngbae and Seunghyun were sitting on a couch, chatting.

They all turned their heads when they heard the door closed.

"You're here." Teddy said as he went back to typing something on his computer.

He greeted everyone and went to sit in the empty chair next to Teddy.

"What are you listening to?" He asked.

"New song that Hyun Suk hyung wants to include in 2NE1's album."

"Who arranged it?"

"Choice37."

"The lyrics?"

"Master Wu."

Jiyong reached for the paper that was on his table.

"Is this the lyrics?" He asked, looking at it.

"Yup."

"I heard Hyun Suk hyung wants you to make a new song for 2NE1 too." Kush .

He sneered at him. "Who are you kidding?"

"My head is about to split open from composing songs for our next album." He laid the paper back on the table and walked over to where Seunghyun and Youngbae are.

"How's the song you're working on?" He asked Youngbae as he sat between them.

"It's not finish yet, but I'll wrap it up tomorrow. Do you wanna check what I've done so far?"

"Sure."

Youngbae stood up and went to a vacant computer, he followed.

While his best friend was busy searching for his file, Jiyong glanced at Seunghyun who was fiddling with his cellphone.

"Mine is done; it's already with Teddy hyung." Seunghyun beat him before he could even ask.

"Jiyong-ah." Kush suddenly called, turning his chair to face them.

"Wae?"

"Have you talked to Dara?"

He stared at him questioningly. "Why?"

"Nothing," Kush simply replied. "It's just that Hyun Suk hyung and I went to visit their MV shoot this afternoon. We saw her crying."

Youngbae and Seunghyun stopped what they were doing. Their eyes were locked at Kush.

Kush chuckled seeing that he caught all their attention.

He turned to Teddy. "Right, hyung?"

"Uh-huh." Teddy replied without looking at them. "I filmed the whole scene and I have a copy here if you wanna see it, Jiyong."

Jiyong was speechless. He didn’t know what to say.

He knows that Dara gets really upset when they squabble but she never showed it to other people.

Hearing that she cried in front of YG staff and the president made him embarrassed.

"Why did she cry?" Seunghyun asked curiously.

"I dunno." Teddy answered, turning his chair around to face them.

His gaze went straight to Jiyong. "Tired, I guess."

Youngbae gave out a soft chuckle. "Nuna is always like that. Just like a kid."

He turned to his best friend who looked like he is in another dimension. "Jiyong-ah, you better take care of Dara nuna."

Jiyong just glanced at him with a blank expression.

"Their comeback is nearing and they're starting to get busy. You might wanna spend time with her before we go back to Japan." Youngbae suggested.

"Yeah, he's right." Kush chimed in. "Why don't you bring her to this resort that I know. They got the best facilities and I think there are not much people there."

"Where's that?" Seunghyun interrupted. "Maybe I can go there too."

"Somewhere near the resort Jiyong and Dara went to last time." Kush said, then he looks back at Jiyong.

"You can just ask Hyun Suk hyung for another leave." He said with a grin.

"Can I come?" Seunghyun asked Jiyong innocently. "I sure need a break before our comeback."

Teddy grabbed a pen from his table and threw it at him.

"I was just kidding." Seunghyun said laughing.

He stood up and grabbed his bag. "I gotta go now. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

He looks down at Jiyong who was still not saying anything. "And you... give nuna a break, will you?"

The Big Bang leader just remained quiet as he watched him walk towards the door.

"Hey wait for me," Kush called, standing up.

Before leaving the room he turned to Jiyong.

"Just tell me if you need to make a reservation."  He winks and waves.

++++++++++

When Youngbae finished showing Jiyong his work, he announced that he still has dance practice.

"I'll meet you later." Jiyong told him.

"Leave the door open, Youngbae-ah." Teddy called.

"Ye, see you later." Youngbae waved at them.

When he left, Jiyong went to sit beside Teddy.

"Hyung, can I see it?" He asked.

His senior turned to him and nodded his head.

He clicks something in his computer and the video played.

After watching, Jiyong covered his face and groaned in frustration.

"F^ck!" He muttered under his breath.

"Now can you tell me what's going on?" Teddy said crossing his arm over his chest. "Obviously, it's not just work she's stressing about."

He couldn't look at him.

"Do you know what Dara is feeling right now?" Teddy asked. "She's tired. Not with work but with you. What has gotten into you, Jiyong-ah? Why do you always upset her?"

He didn't reply.

"Do you still love her?" Teddy asked him seriously.

"Of course!" He answered immediately. "But-"

"But what?"

"But...” He was struggling to say the rest. "But... I'm bored."

Teddy's eyes widened. "With Dara?"

++++++++++

"But... I'm bored."

"With Dara?"

Youngbae couldn't believe what he was hearing.

He was on his way to the dance studio when he realized he forgot his cellphone.

When he was nearing the recording studio, he overheard Teddy and his best friend talking.

He didn't mean to eavesdrop but when he heard Dara's name, he couldn't help but listen.

Thinking it's a bad timing to go in and get his cellphone, he headed back to the dance studio instead.

++++++++++

"Youngbae-ah, aren't you leaving yet?" Jaewook asked.

"Not yet, hyung. I wanna practice some more."

When all the dancers left the room, Youngbae lay on the floor and closed his eyes.

The conversation he heard earlier kept repeating in his mind.

"Youngbae-ah," He heard Jiyong voice.

He sat up and saw him walking towards him.

"You're not planning on sleeping here, are you?" His best friend joked.

He didn't answer nor react.

"What's the matter?" Jiyong asked when he noticed him looking serious.

"I heard you and Teddy hyung talking."

Jiyong was surprised.

"Oh, that." He gave out a nervous laugh and went to sit beside him.

"What do you mean 'oh that.'?" He snapped at him. "What's with the sudden change of heart? What do you mean you're bored with Dara nuna?"

"There's no change of heart, Youngbae-ah." Jiyong replied, a bit taken aback. "I love her and that hasn't change."

"Then why did you say you're bored with her?"  

"Dara and I..." His best friend paused. "Our relationship has become stagnant. Not moving. It's not heading anywhere."

"Maybe you're bored because she won't give IT to you." He bashed out.

Jiyong gawked at him. "It's not like that."

"Don't lie to me, Jiyong."

"Ok fine, that's part of it."

"Is that how your relationship should be based on, Ji?"

Jiyong looked away from his stare. "You wouldn't understand."

"Why? Because I never had a girlfriend?" Youngbae said staring at him. "Ok, that's given. But still I don't believe that relationship should be based on that."

He stood up and went to get his bag.

"You still have feelings for her, don't you?" Jiyong quietly said.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

Jiyong stared at his best friend’s back. "What will you do if we break up?"

"I'll make sure you regret letting her go." With that, he left.

++++++++++

"Ding- dong!"

The three girls opened their doors and poked their heads out.

"Who would come at this late hour?" Minji said, rubbing her eyes.

"Maknae-ah, open the door will you." Bom said, scratching her head as she closed her door.

Chaerin stepped out of her room with sleepy eyes.

"I'll get it," She told Minji. "Go back to sleep."


Chaerin checked the video intercom and was surprised to see who it was.

"Oppa," She opened the door. "What are you doing here at this hour?"

"Mianhe Chaerin-ah, but I need to talk to your unnie."

"I'll try to convince her, oppa." She said as she closed the door from behind. "She wouldn't even come out for dinner."

Jiyong followed her to Dara's door.

Chaerin knocked and called her name but there was no answer.

"Let me do it." He offered.

Jiyong knocked and called her name softly so that the others won't be disturbed.

After calling out her name thrice, the door finally opened.

"Baby, I'm sorry. Let's talk." He said.