Betrayal

Tonight

Jiyong opposed to the idea of Dara leaving without resolving their problems, but Teddy and the others pointed out some potential issues that can arise if they converse at that very moment.  
So against his will, he did not protest when Youngbae offered to give his girlfriend a ride.

Jiyong begged Teddy and Kush to end the party early, but they told him not to for the sake of the people who worked hard to make his party possible.
Because he was no longer in the mood to celebrate, he spend the rest of the night sulking and drinking alone at the bar.

Close YG friends who witnessed the incident that occurred between the couple earlier were considerate enough to fill up whatever energy he lacked in the party.

"Aishhh! Enough of that already." Yanggaeng tried to get the bottle of beer from his friend's hand.

Jiyong gripped tightly and clicked his tongue. "Mind your own business."

Hyun Jong leaned against the counter next to Yanggaeng.

"Why are you being an a$s?" He irritably said. "You should be out there mingling with your guests but you chose to isolate yourself here instead. F^ck, Ji! I can't even tell if this is your party or Seungri's. He's definitely doing a great job entertaining your guests than you."

Jiyong ignored his comment. He just stared into space while taking a puff of his cigarette.
 
"I thought you quit." Hyuk Soo swiveled on his stool to face him.

"Why don't you all just leave me alone?" He snapped without looking at them.

"Yah!" His friend fired back. "She hasn't broken up with you yet. Why are you acting like it's the end of the world?"

Jiyong chuckled bitterly.  "Not yet."

With droopy eyes, he turned his head to face him. "But soon she will."

The three guys exchanged glances.

Shaking their heads, they frown at the sight of their friend drowning himself in alcohol.

"Hyung," They heard someone called.

Daesung approached them with Seunghyun following behind.

"The guests are looking for you." He told Jiyong.

Before getting up from his stool, Jiyong grabbed Yanggaeng's beer and gulped it down.

Hyuk Soo and Yanggaeng tried to help him up but he roughly shook them off.

"What do you think you're doing?" He glared at them. "I can manage myself."

He straightened himself up and staggered away.

"Heyyyyyyy Dj!!!! Turn up the volume!!! We're just starting!!!"

In a drunken state, he joined his guests, happily dancing and laughing with them.

"I must say," Seunghyun smiled looking at the scene before them. "This is the only time I appreciated Jiyong being drunk."

++++++++++


"We're here."

Youngbae turned off the car engine and looked to his side.
Staring at the person on passenger seat, he couldn't help but feel a squeezing pain in his heart.

Instead of opening her eyes, Dara just stirred and mumbled incoherent words.

He leaned closer to brush the stray hair out of her face.

"I'm sorry, Nuna." He whispered. "I'm sorry for what I did to you."


From the moment they left the resort, they didn't talk.
Knowing how upset she is with Jiyong, added by how he treated her at the party, he decided to give her time and space to cool off.

During the ride, he would occasionally sneak glances at her.
She just stared out of the window most of the time as if in a trance.
The next thing he knew, she was already sleeping with her head hanging down.
He had to pull over to carefully adjust her seat so she can sleep comfortably.

An hour had passed but still he didn't dare to wake her up.
He just sat and watched how her body slightly move with every breath she takes.

=FLASHBACK=

"Ji, I-I think s-she, she rejected me."

"W-what?"

"I confessed to her but..." His voice trailed off when he recalled what just happened minutes ago. "Jiyong-ah, what should I do?"

"Y-youngbae-ah, mianhe." Jiyong said in a rush. "I have something to tell you. Let's talk tomorrow."


The next day, at YG practice room.

"Ji, she turned me down." He rubbed his face with his hands and leaned his back against the wall. "She said she already likes someone."

He slid down the wall to sit on the floor with his head hanging low. "What am I going to do?"

Jiyong sat on the floor beside him and put his hand on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

After moments of silence, Youngbae turned to him. "You said you're going to tell me something. What is it?"

There was sadness and guilt in Jiyong eyes as he look at him.

"What’s wrong, Ji?""

Jiyong took a deep breath. "I'm going to tell you something, but you gotta promise me you won't stress on this."

"You know I stress on everything, Ji. If I stress on what you're about to tell me, consider it normal."

His best friend gave him a pleading look. "Promise me."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just cut to the chase."

Jiyong took another deep breath.

"Last night when you called me." He started. "I was with her."

Youngbae slowly turned to face him. "You were with her when I called her?"

Jiyong nods his head in reply.

Knowing that the girl he had confessed to was with his best friend last night bothered him a little but he just didn't show it.

He is aware that she and Jiyong had become close recently because he was helping her out with the training and all, but other than that, he couldn't think of any other reason.

"Well... I really don't know how to tell you this, Youngbae... The thing is..." Jiyong kept shifting on his spot making Youngbae more anxious to hear what he was about to tell him.

"What, Ji?"

"She..."

The suspense is killing him that it's starting to annoy him. "She what?!"

"S-she... “Jiyong gave him an apologetic look.”She and I had a talk last night."

Youngbae fell silent. It took a little time for him to absorb what his best friend is trying to tell him.

"Do you like her too?"

"W-what?!!” Jiyong snapped his head to face him. "No!! I mean, it's not that, Youngbae."

"Then what is it, Ji?"

Unable to stand the tension, Jiyong sighed. "I'm sorry Youngbae, I didn't mean to... I-I-"

"Why do you have to lie to me?" He snapped. "This is the first time I ever like someone. I told you how I feel about her. I trusted you."

"Youngbae-ah, I never meant for this to happen. I'm really sorry."

Youngbae felt betrayed for the first time.

He couldn't stand what he was feeling so he stood up and left without saying a word.

=END of FLASHBACK=


'Jiyong is my best friend. But seeing you go through all these because of him makes me think twice.'

He slowly caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.

"Will it make a difference if..." He said in a soft voice. "Are you going to allow me, nuna?"

++++++++++

The party was over.
One by one, Jiyong's guests started leaving the resort.

While Jiyong was resting beside the pool, the others were cleaning up.

Teddy and Jaewook made sure that everything is cleared before leaving the vicinity.

"Maknae-ah," Teddy called after everything was settled.

He and Jaewook were about leave.

Seungri, who was standing by the pool and talking to his manager and Namguk, went to him.

"Who will drive Jiyong's car?"

"I will."

"Alright, drive carefully." Teddy patted his back.

"Ye hyung, you too."


Namguk and Jung Geum assisted the drunken Jiyong to walk while Seungri went ahead to the parking lot.

When they stepped out of the resort, they bumped into Youngdeuk.

"Oh, choesonghaeyo." He uttered while bowing to the two managers. "Do you need help?"
 
Namguk waved his free hand. "No need. We can handle this."

Hearing a familiar voice, Jiyong suddenly threw his head up and locked his gaze at the boy in front of him.

He gave him a sneer before smirking.

"Youuu...You! Stay away from my (&*$$#@#^...yyyooouu *&%%#%!" He said, slurring his words.

They can barely understand what he was saying.

Jiyong removed his arm from Namguk's shoulder and pointed his finger at Youngdeuk, making the latter confused and the two managers as well.

"Aishhh!" Namguk irritably said, wrapping Jiyong's arm back on his shoulder. "We have to go."

The two managers ushered Jiyong towards the car where Seungri was waiting.

Youngdon approached his twin. "What the hell was that all about?"

Youngdeuk just shrugged his shoulders.

"I already warned you before." Youngdon reminded.

"What did I do?" His twin asked innocently.

"Stop dreaming, hyung. She's out of your league."

"Yah! I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just making friends."

"Friends my a$s. I know you, hyung."

"Well, you're wrong."

"I'm never wrong when it comes to you."

"Then start bawling now because you are." Youngdeuk walks away.

++++++++++

Seeing Jiyong's name on her cellphone screen made Dara's heart feel burden.
She stood up from her bed and sat on the chair by the window.

The morning light is breaking, yet everything to her seems so dark, cold, and lonely.

=FLASHBACK=

"Dara, those are old pictures." Bom explained, following her as they entered the empty practice room. "They are no longer together. The one taken with Seungri is when they attended a friend's party at that club. That was like... centuries ago. Before you came back."

She put her backpack on the bench and slump beside it. "Forget it, Bommie-ah. I think I should end everything. I mean, he's not my boyfriend yet but this kind of issue is too burdensome for me."

"Yah!" Bom sat beside her. "Are you giving up just because of those stupid pictures?"

Dara gave her the look.

Bom rolled her eyes. "Alright, I know the pictures are kinda....intimate. But still, it's in the past. It's like you and...”

She stopped right away when she realized what she was going to say.

She quickly covered with her hand and gave her an apologetic look. "Omo, mianhe. I didn't mean to bring him up."

Dara shook her head. "Nah, it's okay. Like what you've said. It's all in the past."

There was a brief silence.

"Are you still thinking about what he said to you before?" Bom suddenly asked without looking at her.

"Sometimes, yes." Dara bit her lip. "I was hurt back then, but I understand now what he meant when he said those things to me."

"What makes it different now?"

She looked down and played with the hem of her shirt. "Youngbae gave us his blessing."

"It must have been hard on his part." Bom quietly said.

"Falling in love can make you do things that you can't imagine." Dara said with a sigh. "Look at me; I'm already pushing the envelope when I started dating someone younger than me. Furthermore, it's the famous G-Dragon of Korea."

Bom chuckled. "Until now I still can't grasp the thought of you dating him. You could have done better, girl."  

"Yah!"

"What are you yah-ing about?" Her best friend said. "Look what you got into."

Dara rested her head on Bom's shoulder. "I don't know what to do right now, Bommie-ah. Maybe it would be better if we just end this now. The longer we date, the more feelings and emotions I'm investing. It will be harder to let go in the future. I don't think I can go through another heartache."

The two girls were startled when the door suddenly swung open.

Seeing the person entering the room, Dara crossed her arms over her chest and looked away.

Instantly, Bom stood up and gave Jiyong a warning look before stepping out of the practice room.

When the door was closed, Jiyong went to sit beside Dara.

She was about to stand up but he was quick to grab her hand.

"Dara, please." He begged. "You've been avoiding me for almost two months. I really can't stand this anymore."

She pulled her hand away from him.

"Then let's end it now." She turned her back on him

Jiyong stood up. "We shouldn't be affected with this kind of scandal. Don't you even trust me?"

She didn't answer.

He turned her around but she fidgeted nervously at his touch.

"Please talk to me." He said, trying to get her to look at him for a moment.

She refused to look at him.
With one look, she knows she's bound to forget all her principles.
Even with his light touch, she can't help but melt.

She reluctantly pulled away from him but he just drew her closer.

The next thing she knew, she was already locked into his warm embrace.

"Let me go." She squirmed on his chest.

"I won't." He said with conviction, holding her in place. "I was stupid to do that before but now I won't let that happen. Never. No matter what you say or do, I'm here to stay."

He slowly pulled away and this time she was looking at him.

"I love you, Dara. I love you very much. Please don't end what we have started."

Dara felt her chest tighten by his word.

"B-babo," She blurted. "You're a fool, Jiyong."

Tears welled up in her eyes.
She started hitting him in the chest.

"Why are you saying these things to me?" She sobbed and hits him harder. "Babo!""

Jiyong grabbed her hands. "Because you made me like this."

He placed her hand on his left chest. "Do you feel that?"

Dara felt the beat of his heart.

"Say you love me too." He said, almost begging. "I'll let you know why I say these things to you."

Staring at her hand that was resting on his chest, she looked up and met his gaze.

"I love you Dara." Jiyong said without batting an eyelash.

"I-I love you too," She said in a whisper but it was loud enough for his heart to feel.

The beating of his heart grew faster and stronger.

For the first time since they started dating, she can see right through him.
The walls she tried to build around her heart crumbled down.
This time she was sure what she wanted and who she wanted.

=END OF FLASHBACK=

Staring at the same hand that felt the beating of his heart, she started crying.

Her cellphone was contantly vibrating on her bed.

++++++++++

The next night...

"Good take, Taeyang-sshi." The PD said. "Now let's prepare for the last stage."

Youngbae was resting inside the waiting room when his manager handed him his cellphone.

"It's Seungri. He said it's important."

He creased his forehead and took the call. "What's up?"

"Hyung, do you have schedule after your recording?"

"Nope, wae?"

"If it's not too much to ask...." Seungri paused for a moment. "Can you come over after you're done?"

Without any explanation needed, Youngbae already got the message.

++++++++++

As soon as Youngbae's KJE Chocolate recording was done, he went straight to Jiyong and Seungri's dorm.

There he found Yanggaeng and Hyun Jong in the living room with Seungri.

"Where is he?"

"He's in his room." Seungri said.

"What's going on?"

"After having dinner with his family, he called us two to have a drink." Yanggaeng said, glancing at Hyun Jong.

Youngbae didn't wait for them to tell the whole story.

He started walking towards Jiyong's room.

He knocked a couple of times but there was no answer.

"Jiyong-ah?" He peeked inside but all he sees was darkness.

"Jiyong?"

Still no answer.

He went in and used his hands to lead him around his room.

Bumping at Jiyong's desk, his hands desperately searched for the lamp.

When the light was switched on he turned around and was startled to see an image of a person sitting on the edge of the bed with his head hanging down.

"Holy cr*p!!! Sh*t!!! Aishhh!!!!" He freaked out, holding his chest. "Dammit, Ji! What the hell is wrong with you??!!!"

His best friend snapped his head up.

"Youngbae-ah! Leeeet's have a driiiiiink!"

He took a deep breath and went to sit beside him. "Why don't you go wash up and take some rest. It's already past midnight."

"My birthday is over already?" Jiyong pouted then he let out a chuckle. "Dangggggggggg! I'm just getting warmed up."

Youngbae rolled his eyes and shook his head. "C'mon, stop doing this to yourself."

"What? What am IIIIIIIIIII doing?" Jiyong innocently asked, pointing at himself. "I'm not doing anything wronggggg."

Squinting his eyes, he poked his finger on his friend's chest. "You're the one who is doing something, Youngbae-aaaaahhhh..."

"Ji-"

"Youuu're doing things that I...." He said pointing to himself.

“- I should be with Dara, Youngbae-ahhhh... and not you, Youngbae-ahhhh..." He slurred his words as he tried his best to sit still but ends up swaying his body towards his friend.

"Jiyong, stop this. C'mon, go get change." Youngbae stood up and pulled his friend.

Jiyong pulled away. "I don't want to."

He looked up at him and stared intently into his eyes. "Are you thinking of taking Dara away from me?"

Youngbae narrowed his eyes at what he said. "Jiyong, stop this-"

"You really want to steal her away from me, don't you?" Jiyong lashed out all of a sudden.

He clumsily stood up and faced Youngbae.

"You still have feeling for her all this time." He pushed his friend with one hand, making Youngbae step backward.

"Ji-"

"Well you can't have her!!" He yelled. "She's mine. Do you hear that?! She's mine!"

Youngbae was about to approach him but he already collapsed on his bed.

"She's mine. She's Mine. Dara is mine." Jiyong chanted, closing his eyes.

He lay lifelessly on his bed.

Youngbae tiredly ran his hand on his face.

He doesn't like seeing Jiyong at his vulnerable state.
As his best friend, it saddens him to watch him at his lowest point.

He went to the bed side and help Jiyong lay down comfortably.
He removed his shoes and put blanket over him.

Jiyong suddenly opened his eyes and stared at him.

"Please don't take her away from me, Youngbae." He said in a whisper. "I love her so much. I can't stand to lose her."

With that, he closed his eyes and a tear rolled down.

Mixed emotions stirred inside Youngbae as he watches his best friend sleep.

"I'm sorry, Ji."

++++++++++

Jiyong opened his eyes.
He quickly sat up from his bed and looked around.
A shooting pain in the head suddenly made him wince and hold his head.

It was still dark.
He tried to recall what happened but all he can remember is Youngbae came to see him earlier.
 
++++++++++

With the door in front of him, he contemplated whether to ring the bell or not.
It was three in the morning and he was sure that they are already fast asleep.
He turned to the hallway and started walking away.

++++++++++

"Minji-ah," Bo Young, one of the YG staff woke the maknae up.

"Uhmmm... Unnie.." She sleepily rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's four. I thought you said you wanted to go jogging today."

Minji stretched her arms and lazily sat down. "Are they awake?"

"Not yet." Bo Young picked the pillow on the floor and placed it back on Minji's bed.

"They told me to wake them up at five-thirty."

++++++++++

Minji stepped out of the elevator and headed outside building.
Passing by the parking lot, she noticed a familiar car.
She jogged towards it and checked.

The car door suddenly opened and Jiyong came out.

"Omo," She gasped. "Oppa, what are you doing here this early and..."

She examined him from head to foot. "Are you drunk, oppa?"

Jiyong adjusted his sunglasses and gave her a faint smile.

"Is Dara unnie up?" He asked.

She shook her head. "We have schedule later at seven-- oppa, why don't you go up instead of waiting here."

"No, that would be risky since you're recording 2NE1 TV. I'll just wait here until she comes down."

The maknae frowned. "Are you sure, oppa?"

Jiyong reached out to ruffle her hair. "I'm okay, Minji-ah. Go ahead and do your morning exercise. I'm fine here."


After an hour, Minji came back and saw Jiyong's car still at the parking lot.

"I'm back." She announced when she entered their dorm.

Bo Young who was cleaning the living room floor looked up.

"Uh, Minji-ah. Breakfast is ready. Go wake your unnies."

"Ye," She went to each of the members' room.

When Bom was awake, she told her about Jiyong.

"Aishhh, that guy is really... Ah jincha!" She hissed as she quickly got up from her bed.

The other members were already in the dinning room except for Dara who was still taking a bath.
After eating a few, Bom told them she has something to go somewhere and she'll be back right away.

"Make it fast unnie, we'll be leaving at seven." Chaerin reminded her.

++++++++++

Jiyong was awakened by a tapping sound.

He looks around and saw Bom peeking at the passenger side window.

He opened the lock of his car.

"What are you doing, Jiyong?" Bom didn't waste time in opening as she quickly sat and closed the door.

"Nun-"

"I don't know if I should laugh at you, get angry with you or take pity on you." She cuts him. "Look at yourself? You're a mess."

"Nuna, I need to see her. We really need to talk now." Jiyong demanded. "Not tomorrow, not soon but now."

+++++++++

"What?!!" Chaerin blinked. "Oppa's outside?"

Minji quickly put her finger against her lips and looked around. "Shhhh...”

"But why?" The leader asked, leaning closer to Minji. "Doesn't he know that the 2NE1 TV monitors are on?"

"He knows that's why he refused to come here."

"Who refused to come here?" Dara asked as she took the seat across Chaerin.

She grabbed her chopsticks and started putting side dishes in her bowl of rice.

While eating she looked at the two who have stiff expression on their faces.

"Are you two not feeling well?" She asked.

Chaerin cracked a smile followed by Minji's nervous laugh.

"We're okay, unnie." Minji said, glancing at Dara who was sitting beside her.

"So who were you talking about?" Dara asked, stuffing with a spoonful of rice.

"You said someone refused to come here. Who is it?" She spoke while munching on her food.

"Ani, we were just discussing something..." Chaerin paused to think for an excuse.

But even the maknae can't come up with anything.

"Where's Bommie anyway?" Dara asked.

"I saw her went down," Bo Young entered the dinning room holding the laundry basket. "She said she needs to talk to someone."

Dara nods her head but her eyes suddenly went back at the two girls who were eating quietly and avoiding her gaze.

'He refused to come here.' She repeated in her mind.

"He's outside, isn't he?" Dara quietly asked.

Chaerin and Minji just looked at each other, seeking for help.

+++++++++

"You're dumb! You're really really dumb!" Bom snapped.

"I told you before that you should only choose one." She said. "Why did this happen, Jiyong?"

"Bom, I told you, I didn't call her. She's the one who called me." Jiyong explained. "She just greeted me last night. That's all."

"I don't care, Jiyong. Just do something. Erase her from your life for God's sake!"

"I-"

Both of them jumped from their seat when they heard the door at the back seat opened.

When they turned, they saw Dara hopped in and closed the door.

With a cold expression on her face she looked ahead.

"Bom, I'll take it from here."