Happy Hearts

Tonight

As soon as Chaerin stepped inside the recording studio, Jiyong approached her.

"Have you seen her?" He asked in a voice that only she can hear.

She shook her head. "I haven't oppa."

He took in a sharp intake of breath. "Arasseo."

They both walk towards the couch.

Jiyong sat at the edge with one elbow leaned on the armrest and head cradled in his hand.

He watched Teddy and the others still huddling in front of his computer screen, sharing feedbacks about the girls' song.

Youngbae turned around to check on them.

"Where's Bom nuna?" He asked Chaerin who was fiddling with her cellphone.

"Just somewhere in the building, oppa." She replied in a bored tone, not looking at him.

He went to her and handed something. "This was on the floor. She might have dropped it when you two were rushing out of the room."

"Thanks, I'll just give this to her later."

He was going to ask her a question when he felt his cellphone vibrating in his pocket.

"I'll just go down to check if Dongwook hyung is finish." He announced after reading the message he received.

"He's not." Jiyong spoke, leaning his back against the couch and crossing his legs. "I went there already. They're taking a break."

"Oh, really?" He pauses for a minute to think then he shrugs his shoulders. "I'll just join them then."

 ++++++++++

DARA POV

'What was I thinking??!!' My mind screamed as I hid my face behind a magazine.

I was sitting in one of the stools near the main entrance of the convenient store.
Many people are coming in and out and it's been driving me crazy.
Fifteen minutes have already gone by and Youngdeuk hasn't arrived yet.
I have no cellphone, no wallet, and worst of all, I’m freaking out!

Everything happened so fast.
I was so desperate to avoid Jiyong that I actually asked someone who I'm not really familiar with to take me away.
OMONA! How mindless can I get???!

Now I'm here in a convenient store hiding like an idiot.

Still holding the magazine in front of me, I used one hand to fix the hood of my jacket.
I am making sure that my face is well hidden.

"Nuna,"

As I turned around, I saw Youngdeuk walking towards me.
I was so glad to see him.

When he took a seat beside me, I leaned closer to him.

"Deuk-ah, I don't think this is a good place for us to hang out." I whispered, still covering my face with the magazine. "There are lots of people here."

He looks around and nods his head in agreement.

"I know a place nearby." He whispered back. "It's an old restaurant, two blocks away from here."

I creased my forehead. I know two blocks is two blocks.
But I'm not sure about walking down the street without my manager.
What if someone recognizes me?
I'd be in big trouble.

I looked at him, uncertain. "I'm not sure, Deuk-ah."

He smiled at me. "I can assure you nuna, nobody will recognize you there."

END DARA POV

+++++++++++


After meeting with Youngdeuk, Bom realized that saving her best friend from further depression was not an easy task.
Even with the help Chaerin, and sometimes Minji, they still can't get their friend's situation under control.

Now that she has confirmed that there's another addition to Dara's lists of fan boys, she is sure that disaster will strike anytime soon knowing that the person is also working under YG.

She needs more reinforcement.
If not, then she needs somebody to talk to about the situation.

She has never done this before for a friend.
But having a best friend who's as fragile as Dara, she has no choice but to help her in anyway she can.


'Dara really needs to toughen up.' She fanned herself with her hand. 'Or else I am going to need to speak with Hwangssabunim about the best workout plan for increasing speed and agility.' She puffed out some air.

The fire exit door opened, revealing the person she's been waiting for.

"It's about time." She said crossing her arms.

"What's so urgent and private that we need to talk here?" Youngbae sat beside her on the stairs. "You even used Chaerin to send me a text message."

"Well sorry, I don't have my cellphone with me."

"I know. You dropped it at the recording studio. I already gave it to Chaerin."

"Thanks."

"So... What's up with secret meeting? You're going to confess to me now, aren't you?" He joked "Nuna, you know you're not my type."

"Yah!" She hits him on the back of the head. "Don't flatter yourself."

"Ayy nuna," He winced. "My body is aching already from Dara nuna's punches and now you're adding up."

"Serves you right."

He smiled teasingly at her.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" He asked, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

She immediately removed his arm and fluttered her eyelashes at him.

"Youngbae-ah." She sweetly said. "Let me tell you a story that happened not too long ago."

"Not to long ago?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Meaning?"

"Just last night."

+++++++++++


DARA POV


We are now standing in front of the old restaurant that Youngdeuk was telling me about.
As I surveyed the area, I would definitely agree that it is really an old restaurant.
Did I say old? I meant ancient.
I didn't even know that this restaurant actually exist in the streets of Seoul.

Looking at it, it seems like an old house that later became a restaurant.
From all the modern buildings surrounding it, this restaurant looked out of place.

The paint on the wall outside the restaurant is already chipping and peeling.
Unlike the flashy and colorful LED boards that the other restaurants have, this one uses an old wooden sign board that says "HAPPY HEARTS Restaurant”.
I can also see some rust stains on the wall and concrete.

Seriously, I was wondering if it’s really safe to go inside?
 
I looked at Youngdeuk and saw him grinning at me.

"I know what you're thinking, nuna." He said. "Remember the saying 'don't judge a book by its cover?'"

"Excuse me, but I didn't say that it looks ugly." I said defensively.

"I didn't say you did." He winks at me, making me blush from embarrassment.

"C'mon nuna, let's go inside."

END DARA POV

+++++++++++


When they entered the restaurant, a surprising revelation unfolds before Dara's eyes.

The inside appearance is completely different from what it looks like from the outside.

Everything is clean and white.

Except for the furniture which is mostly made out of wood.
Walls were neatly painted with pictures of different food hanging everywhere.
Some porcelain figurines were displayed all over the room which added color to the ambience.
But what completes the cozy and homey feel of the whole place was the aroma of food.

One thing Dara noticed was that they only have five sets of table.
Three of them are already occupied by customers.

"Youngdeuk-ah!"

They both turned their heads to where the voice came from.

At the corner, they saw an old lady with a big smile on her face.

She holding a big tray of food and drinks.

Youngdeuk led Dara to where she was.

"Annyeonghaseyo, halmoni." He politely greeted with a bow, then he took the tray from her.

"Aigoo," The old lady reached up and ruffled his hair. "It's been a long time, Deuk-ah."

He just smiled like a kid. "Halmoni, which table is this?"

"Table number four."

Dara watched as he serves the food to the customer.

After he was done, he went over to them.

"Oh, halmoni, I forgot to introduce to you my friend." He puts his hand lightly on Dara's lower back. "This is Dara nuna, halmoni."

Dara bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo halmoni."

The old lady smiled to her warmly. "Aigoo, she's very pretty, Youngdeuk-ah."

"She is, isn't she?"

"Yah!"

They heard a voice coming from the kitchen. "Did I hear uri Youngdeuk's voice?"

An old man wearing an apron came out to join them. "Omo, Deuk-ah."

He gave him a big hug.

"This is my friend haraboji, Dara nuna."

She greeted him politely.

"Omo, she's beautiful. Deuk-ah." The old man wiggled his eyebrows. "Is she your girlfriend?"

Noticing Youngdeuk's flustered face, Dara stifled a laugh.

"Aniyo haraboji." He said. "She's just my friend. A sunbae from work."

"Ah, is she a dancer too?" The old lady asked.

Youngdeuk and Dara exchanged glances.

"Uhmm... Something like that...” He hesitantly answered.

"Where's Dony, by the way?" The old man asked.

"He's working today." He simply replied.

Dara suddenly felt bad realizing that she pulled him out of practice today.
More guilt was added to her conscience when she thinks about the punishment he is going to get from the resident choreographer.

The old lady turned to Dara. "Have you eaten, dear?"

"We haven't." Youngdeuk quickly answered for her. "Is you famous chicken soup available, halmoni?"

The old lady chuckled. "Of course it is. Your haraboji just finished cooking the soup awhile ago."

"And I made it extra special." The old man proudly said, winking at Dara.

She shyly smiled at him.
 
"You go sit with your friend." The old lady motioned them. "I'll just get the soup."

"You need some help, halmoni?" Youngdeuk asked but the old lady was quick to wave her hands.

"No need." She says. "Just enjoy your food once it's served."

"Kamsahamnida." Youngdeuk and Dara said as they headed to an empty table.


As soon as they sat down, Dara adjusted her hood.

"If you're feeling hot right now, you can remove your jacket nuna."

She raised her eyebrows. "I can't do that. What if somebody recognizes me?"

He chuckled. "Look around nuna. Do you think these customers still watch Inkigayo?"

She looks around and realized that all the customers are elderly.
Probably on their sixties or above.

"Uhm, Deuk-ah. Are they... Are they your grandparents?"

He shook his and gave out a laugh. "Aniyo, nuna. They are the owners of this restaurant. Dony and I used to work here before Yeolbong."

Her eyes widened. "Really? I didn't know that."

He snorted. "How will you know? We don't even talk before."

Feeling embarrassed, she pouted. "Well we're friends now, aren't we?"

He smiles warmly at her. "And I thank you for that."


+++++++++++

 
"Why didn't you tell me earlier, nuna?" Youngbae burst when he heard Bom's story.

"Yah! What are you getting all worked up for?" Bom snaps at him. "You know we were busy recording the whole time. Then Jiyong came and hang out in the recording studio with us. How am I supposed to tell you?"

"Aishhh." He rubbed his face with his two hands.

"Is it true that he was with Kiko last night?" She asked curiously.

He sighs. "Yes. They met at the restaurant."

Her eyes widened. "Omo, just the two of them?"

"We went with him." He tried to explain. "But... Well yeah, technically, it was just the two of them since they were in a separate room."

"Oh God!" She covered her face and stomped her feet. "What was he thinking?"

She turned her whole body to face him. "Youngbae-ah, tell me the truth. Is he dating Kiko now?"

He bit his lower lip and tilted his head. "I'm not sure, nuna. He didn't tell us."

Bom suddenly grabbed his arm and shook it. "What do you mean you're not sure? You're his best friend, you should know."

He understood her frustration, but he has no plans in telling her about what he and Jiyong talked about last night.

"Nuna, stop it." He said, trying to release his arm from her grip.

"Ah jincha!" She let go of his arm and covered her face again. "Why is he doing this?"

He let out a snicker. "And you're saying I'm the one who's getting all worked up."

Bom glared at him. "I'm not in the mood Youngbae."

"You know nuna?" He said in serious tone. "We should look at this from a different perspective. I mean, at least he already told Kiko about Dara nuna."

"What good does that do if they already broke up?" She pointed out exasperatedly. "Even if he lies on the floor just to tell the world that Dara WAS his girlfriend, it doesn't matter now because they are no longer together."

"Then what do you want him to do, nuna?" He asked her, annoyed. "We don't even know exactly what made them decide to break up. We are just assuming that it's because of Kiko."

"What else do you think is the reason?" She asked him. "Isn't it obvious? He kissed Kiko and he kept whatever relationship he has with that... that woman a secret to Dara. He lied to her. And you of all people Youngbae, should know that.


He stood up looking agitated but it didn't alarm her.

He ran his hands over his head and took a deep breath. "I don't think we should meddle with their issues anymore. I already had enough. They have to work things out by themselves. So if you called me here just to help you save Dara nuna from despair, please, count me out."

Bom stared at him in shock. "Y-Youngbae... How can you say that? Dara's is one of your closest friend."

He looks away from her gaze. "I'm so tried of this, nuna. I'm tired of hearing that Dara nuna is crying because of Jiyong. I want to help but... "

He paused and started breathing heavily.

"Youngbae-ah," Bom examined her friend carefully. "Don't tell me..."

He slowly turned his head towards her with a familiar look on his face that she had seen before.

"Omo," She uttered, covering with one hand. "Y-you still have feelings for Dara?"

The gleam of sadness in his eyes made her see the obvious.

"After all these years..."


YOUNGBAE POV

I wasn't sure if revealing to her my true feelings for Dara nuna was the right thing to do.
But I can no longer contain what is inside me.

All my close friends in YG Family know about our story.
Me, Jiyong, and Dara nuna.

To them, it was a common pattern.
I like Dara nuna, she likes Jiyong, and Jiyong likes her too.
In the end, I gave them my blessing so they end up together.

They thought that our story ends there.

But to me, it doesn't.

END YOUNGBAE POV


"Whatever I feel for her is my business." Youngbae said casually, but Bom can sense the struggle in his voice.

"I'm sorry Youngbae-ah," She apologized sincerely to him. "I didn't know. I thought that you... that you already moved on."

He bit his lower lips. "Nuna, now that you know, please keep it to yourself. I don't want her to know this."

"But why, Youngbae? I think you should tell her how you feel. We've been friends for years now and -"

"Please nuna, I don't want to talk about it." He quietly spoke.  

Bom lowered her gaze and sighed heavily.

"If you're worried about her so much, then do whatever you think is best for her nuna."

She looks at him sadly. "Do you think she can deal with this by herself?"

Youngbae broke into a small smile and sat beside her.

"It's better that she learns, nuna. Or else she'll be running away from problems all the time."

A tear fell from Bom's cheek. "I guess our santokki needs to grow up now, huh?"

Youngbae draped his arm around her shoulders. "You shouldn't spoil her too much."

"Me?" She sniffled, pointing to herself.  "I thought it was you."

They both laughed.

"Aigoo, don't cry nuna or you're face will swell again." He teased.

Bom got up and aims to hit him again.

"Arasseo, arasseo." He stood up and helped her walk down the stairs.

"Let's go back now. I need to check if Dongwook hyung is done with his practice."

When he was about to pull the door open, he noticed something unusual.

The door was not fully closed.

"Didn't you closed it?" Bom asked, noticing it too,

"I think I did."

When they stepped into the hallway, they were greeted by an unexpected someone.

 

 

 

-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v