Outburst

Tonight

Dara put her spoon down. "Ahhh... That was deeeellliiicious!"

She saw Youngdeuk staring at her with his chin resting on his hand.

Feeling self-conscious, she took a napkin and wiped her lips.

"You missed a spot." He pointed to his own lips to show her where.

Blushing, she quickly wiped all around .

He chuckled and he sat up. "You're so gullible, nuna. I was only joking."

Before she could even blurt out words to say to him, the old lady joined them and sat beside Youngdeuk.

"Have you finished your soup, dear?" She asked sweetly, looking down at Dara's bowl. "How was it?"

She smiled as she dips her head. "Ye, halmoni. It's very soothing and tasty. I love it. Thank you."

The old lady elbowed Youngdeuk. "Look at her, she's not only beautiful, she's nice too."

Dara turned bright red.

Youngdeuk grinned. "Ye, halmoni. Haraboji told me earlier that nuna reminds him of you when you were young."

"Aigoo." She shyly giggled, hitting his arm lightly.

Dara couldn't help but giggle too.

"When I was her age I was a queenka. Boys would often follow me around and that includes my husband of course."

"Ah jinchayo?" Dara gushes. "Tell me halmoni, how did you and haraboji met?"

"Aigoo." She waved her hand. "If I tell you our story you might get bored listening to it."

"Oh, look at the time." Youngdeuk suddenly said glancing at his watch. "Nuna we better-"

"That's okay halmoni, we got plenty of time." Dara said, ignoring him. "I want to hear your story, please."

Youngdeuk tossed his head back and palmed his forehead, making her laugh inwardly.

The old lady sat up and placed her hands on the table.  

"I was eighteen when I first met Kwangsun." She began. "That was... forty-seven years ago."

Dara gasped. "Forty-seven years ago? Halmoni, how old are you? Sixty-five?"

"Precisely." She replied, smiling. "I don't look that old, do I?"

"Omo, halmoni. You look younger than your age." Dara exclaimed.

"Why thank you dear. I earned the title 'The Vampire Girl' when I was in my early twenties. They say that I don't age or I age backwards." She laughs as she narrates it.

"Oh this is good." Youngdeuk snorts, looking at Dara. "You really are the same, nuna. It's like; I'm seeing what you're going to look like in the future."

Dara hissed at him, causing him to laugh.

"Boys," The old lady said, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

"Anyway, back to my story. I met my husband when he was fifteen years old. He was younger than me and was very good looking. There are a lot of girls flocking around him all the time but he only has his eyes set on me." She giggles. "He was not my first love though. But out of all the men I dated, he was the only one who left a big impression on me."

"You mean you have other relationships before him." Dara asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Before and after." The old lady shyly replied. "He was actually my third boyfriend. After having a relationship with him for five years, we broke up."

"Eh? You broke up with haraboji?" Youngdeuk asked, looking confused. "But you're married now, right?"

"Yes."

Dara felt puzzled. "Why did you break up with haraboji before, halmoni?"

"While I was taking our relationship seriously, he was just acting like any other teenage guys. He likes hanging out with his friends, he goes to parties, and..." She sighs.  
"Temptations are everywhere. Did I mention that he was a very good looking man?"

The two laughed.

"He really was. Not that I'm saying he's no longer good looking now..." The old lady struggled to explain. "You understand what I'm saying, right?"

"We sure do." Dara answered, smiling.

"Well with a guy so handsome, rich, and has everything. I was always at the edge of my seat." She continued. "Until one day, a common friend of ours told me that he was cheating on me with one of my closest friends. I was so heart broken that I couldn't forgive him."

"Did you two talk halmoni?" Youngdeuk suddenly asked.

She shook her head sadly. "After I heard that he cheated on me, I lost my trust in him. I didn't want to hear any of his explanation. I was always running away whenever he tries to approach me."

He cleared his throat. "Halmoni, it's kind of weird hearing your story since I'm seeing that you're living happily together now."

Dara nods her head in agreement. "Ye, halmoni. But I'm just curious. What made you forgive haraboji?"

"Oh," The old lady said, raising her eyebrows. "You think I forgave him that easy? Of course not. I was so hurt that I almost took my own life."

She leaned closer to the table. "It took me ten years to forgive him."

"Omo." Youngdeuk and Dara gasped at the same time.

"That long?" Youngdeuk asked in disbelief.

The old lady nods her head. "A year after we broke up, I got married. Hyunshik was a great man and he loves me very much that I couldn't ask for anything more."

She paused and glanced at Dara. "You see, Hyunshik is my best friend. We knew each other since we were young. He knows everything about me. When I was suffering from the break up, he was there by my side. He put the smile back on my face when I thought I already lost everything. Hyunshik proposed to me even if he was aware that I'm still not over Kwangsun. At that time, I thought, maybe he is the one I need in my life. With him, I'm sure that I'll never shed a single tear. So I accepted his proposal."

"What happened?" Dara curiously asked. "What did haraboji do when he found out you were getting married?"

"Kwangsun was devastated. He suffered from depression and his parents had to send him to another country for treatment." Her eyes are starting to get red. "During our marriage, Hyunshik kept trying to win my heart. But in the long run, I still couldn't force myself to love him the way he wants me to. I guess after years of being together, he finally realized something."

She took a deep breath. "He realized that no matter what he does, it's Kwangsun who still lives in my heart."

Dara felt her eyes were starting to well up with tears.
Part of her sympathizes with the old lady's story.

"How did you get back together, halmoni?" She asked.

"Since my ex-husband loves me so much, he did what he thought was best for both of us." She said in a quiet voice. "He filed for a divorce."

Dara bit her lower lips, trying to hold back the tears in her eyes.

"After two years of being divorced, Kwangsun and I met at our common friend's party. We talked and I found out that he never married. He said that he had always loved me and he was really sorry for hurting me. He asked me if I'm willing to start over again. And I said yes in a heartbeat."

She suddenly wiped her tears. "Aigoo, happy and sad memories really make me cry.”

Youngdeuk handed her a napkin. "What matters most now is that, after all those years, you and haraboji still end up being together."

The old lady nods her head and smiled. "I'm so happy with my life now. And I'm grateful."

"No wonder you called your restaurant Happy Hearts." Dara wiped her tears.

Youngdeuk was surprised to see her crying too.

"Nuna, don't cry. It's bad for you." He said, remembering her condition.

He handed her a napkin to which she accepted with a laugh.

The old lady suddenly reached for Dara's hand.

"Dara-sshi, I know you're a beautiful woman with a good heart. I'm sure a lot of men out there are trying to pursue you. Or maybe you already have someone you love. Just makes sure that you choose the right one. And if you do, remember that aside from love, trust, respect, and communication are also needed in a relationship. There's no perfect love in this world, Dara-sshi. Bear in mind that the ones that you love the most are usually the ones that hurt you the most. Broken trust is very hard to repair. But chance is given to someone who you feel truly deserves it."

Dara smiled and squeezed her hand lightly.

"Yobo,"

They were interrupted by the old man's voice that was coming from the kitchen. "I need you here to taste this dish that I made."

Dara watched Youngdeuk assists the old lady in getting up from her seat.

When she was already in the kitchen, Dara let out a sigh.

"Waeyo nuna?" The young dancer asked worriedly, taking the empty seat beside her.

"Are okay? Are you dizzy? Is your temperature up?" He hurriedly took something out of his pocket.

"Bom nuna said you need to take this." He held out his hand.

Dara took the medicine and popped it into .

She sipped on her glass and grimaced. "I really can't get used to that taste."

"Are you all better now, nuna?"

She looked at him and with a big smile. "I am, thanks to you."

He wasn't expecting her to thank him that it caught him off guard.

"It was nothing, nuna."He shyly said, scratching the back of his head.

"I really mean it, Deuk-ah." She sincerely said. "I really feel better now. Thank you for bringing me here. I love the place and the food. Meeting halmoni and haraboji, was the best. I really enjoyed this."

"Ayyy nuna," He said blushing.

"Can we come here again next time? Maybe bring the other girls?" She asked him.

"S-sure nuna."

++++++++++


Jiyong was leaning against the wall, arms folded, with one foot propped up against the wall behind him.

Youngbae and Bom were unmoving at his side.

Both couldn't believe that they were caught.

He clicked his tongue and turned his head towards them.

"I was so sure that something was going on." He said in low voice.

"Ji-"

He shot Bom a cold glare.

"Nuna, I would really like to speak to you but I think I need to talk to Youngbae first." He said grimly. "Can we have a moment alone, please?"

Bom was too shock to even argue.
She turned her head to Youngbae and saw him nod his head indicating he's fine.
With slow and heavy steps, she walks away.

++++++++++

"Chaerin-ah," Bom said in distress, slumping herself down onto the couch. "Eotokke??!!!"

"Waeyo?" The 2NE1 leader asked, moving closer to her.

Bom told her everything, being careful not to let Teddy hear their conversation.

"Omo, Y-youngdeuk oppa and Dara unnie...?" She said as quiet as possible, narrowing her eyes. "And Jiyong oppa heard everything?"

+++++++++

Back at the fire exit....

Both were leaning against the wall side by side, in silence.

Gauging the tension that surrounds them, they waited for someone to break the ice.

"I heard everything." Jiyong finally spoke, glancing at his best friend.

It surprised Youngbae that his friend was talking to him in a calm voice.
Judging from the way he acted awhile ago, he was sure that Jiyong wasn't pleased with what he heard from Bom and him.
He should be relieved that he didn't show any violent reaction.
But the thought of him eavesdropping on their conversation made him upset.

"Now what?" He replied darkly, staring at the opposite wall in front of them.

"I want you to tell me-"

He scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Tell you what, Ji? You said you heard everything, right?"

Jiyong turned to face him. "I want you to tell it to me straight. Tell me the truth about your feelings for Dara now?"

"And then what?" He sneered; slightly tossing his head back, avoiding his gaze. "Let's just drop this, Jiyong. Whatever I feel about her is none of your business."

"It is my business" Jiyong insisted. "You're my best friend. Whatever you feel right now matters to me."

He snapped his head towards his direction. "Does it? Will it change anything?"

"Look, I care for you and I don't want you hurting because of us and-"

"Stop right there!" Jiyong was startled when Youngbae suddenly pushed his back off the wall and pointed his finger directly at him with fury in his eyes.

It was his first time seeing him like that and he was definitely fazed.

"This will be the last talk we'll ever have of her." Youngbae hissed.

Jiyong stared at him, speechless.

"If I were you Ji, I won't let my guard down."

He started to walk away, but Jiyong grabbed his arm.

Understanding what he meant, he tightened his grip.

"Please..." He pleaded. "Don't do this."

Youngbae roughly pulled his arm away from him and reach for the fire exit door.

"You still love her, don't you? Why can't you just admit it?" Jiyong taunted, making him stop in his tracks. "You still can't accept that-"

"I'm sorry Jiyong. That's all I can say."


++++++++++


DARA POV

"See you around nuna." Smiling, Youngdeuk waved at me as he headed for the stairs.

I stepped inside the elevator and pressed the third floor button.
Looking down at a paper bag I'm carrying, I smiled at the memory of our small adventure.
Meeting halmoni and hearing her story made me open up my eyes.
I felt lighter and it's like my spirit has been uplifted.

I'm so excited to tell Bom where I've been, not to mention, share the food halmoni and haraboji packed for me.
Aigoo, I'm so happy and giddy.

'DING'

I took a deep breath and puffed out some air as I waited for the door to open.

"O Youngbae-ah," I cheerfully greeted when I saw him standing in front of the elevator.

But the smile on my face quickly faded after I saw the look on his face.

Without a word he grabbed my wrist and dragged me back inside the elevator.

Not minding what he did, I looked at him with concern. "Y-youngbae-ah, what's wrong?"

He didn't answer nor looked at me, but instead he loosened his grip on my wrist and slid his hand to hold mine.

"Where are we going?"


END DARA POV


++++++++++

DARA POV

Youngbae pushed the fire exit door on the second floor.
Holding the door with his free hand while the other hand was still holding onto mine, he looks around like he was checking something.
Probably sensing that the coast is clear, he pulled me inside and spun me around, lightly pushing me against the wall.

I couldn't register what was happening but when I felt my back hit the wall, I winced and snapped out.

"Yah!" I said out loud, looking at him intently.

He just stood in front of me with intense look in his eyes.

At first I wanted to yell at him, thinking this is one of his sick naughty jokes.
But then there was something in his eyes that tells me something is wrong.
I just couldn't figure it out.

From the time that he dragged me into the elevator, he hasn't spoken a word.
As for me, all I did was follow him around wherever he takes me.

I was starting to get scared but I kept reminding me that it's Youngbae I'm with.
He wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

He stepped closer and leaned towards me, resting his forehead against mine with his eyes closed.
I was flustered and I didn't know how to react because of the sudden closeness.
I'm really not used to this. Especially with Youngbae.

It wasn't the first time that he was this close to me.
Working with him for a music video was more awkward than this.
But since this is reality, I'm so completely bugged out.

"Youngbae-" My voice trailed off

"Shhhh...” He whispered as he pressed his right hand into the wall over my shoulder. "Please don't say a word."

I held my breath as I let my mind process what was happening.

Not very long, he pulled away and kept his distance.

"Y-Youngbae, is there something bothering you?" I asked, in search of answers to why he was acting this way.

He lowered his gaze. "I'm sorry nuna if I startled you."

I reached for his arm and led him to sit on the staircase.

Compared from his intense look earlier, he now looks calm but lost.
I know his character as a person who thinks deeply on things.
From the looks of it, I'm guessing something must have troubled his mind big time.

"Tell me what's wrong." I said, sitting beside him.

He shook his head and chuckled, glancing at me.

"I'm just stressed out." He said, giving me his famous eye smile.

Maybe he was, after all, they have been busy lately.

He gently pulled me into his arms, warming up my whole body. "Aigoo, I scared you nuna. I'm so sorry."

"Youngbae-ah," I said softly.

"Shhhh..."

I gave up. I hugged him back while soothing his back.

"It's nice to be like this, isn't it?" I heard him whisper.

"What--"

"Please tell me nuna. It's nice to be like this, right?"

"Y-yes, o-of course it is." It puzzled me.

A brush of coldness passed between us, when I felt him slowly letting go.

He looked at with a smile that I can not interpret.

Before I could even make out what his expression meant, his gaze drops to my side.

"What is that?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh," I picked up the paper bag that I placed beside me. "This is chicken soup and kimbap."

I handed it to him and he peeked inside.

"Whoa, this looks good." He smiled widely. "Is this for us?"

I smiled and nod my head.

He got up and took my hand. "C'mon, let's enjoy this treat of yours."

++++++++++
 

"Where's Ginwo hyung?" Jiyong asked as he enters the recording studio.

Teddy turned to him. "Master Wu has left the building."

Jiyong looks around and caught the two girls avoiding his gaze.

He smirks and went over to squeeze himself between them on the couch.

Teddy cellphone suddenly rang so he excused himself and headed outside to take his call.

The recording engineer also went out to take a break, leaving the two girls and Jiyong alone in the room.

A very unearthly silence surrounded the room.

Bom and Chaerin were sitting at opposite ends of the couch, while Jiyong was sitting in the middle.

He leaned back against the couch, his arms spread wide behind him.

"I believe you girls have something to ask me." He said in calm tone.

When no one answered he turned his head towards Bom. "Or should I say, I need to clear up something you misunderstood."

The girls just remained quiet, both looking in opposite directions.

Jiyong shrugged his shoulders, looking ahead. "Fine. Since you girls don't want to talk then I'll just tell you one thing."

The two girls were secretly glancing at him and he noticed.

He rolled his eyes and shakes his head.

"I'm not dating Kiko, okay? I hope that's clear."

With that he got to his feet and headed for the door.

When he opened the door he looks back.

"I'm a bit disappointed with you girls." He said in a serious tone. "Especially you nuna."

Bom was taken a back with his words that she snaps her head towards his direction.

"I'd rather if you scream, jump, or even hit me like you always do just to get the truth out of me. But then you chose to jump to the wrong conclusion instead of asking me."

He shakes his head before closing the door behind, leaving the girls baffled and embarrassed.

++++++++++

Walking down the hall, Jiyong bumped into Teddy.

"Where are you going?"

"O hyung, I'm leaving now." He answered.

"Aren't you going to stay so we can discuss what we're going to work on? You know, for the new project."

He scratched the back of his head. "Uh hyung, I'm kind of tired. Can we do it tomorrow?"

Teddy nods his head and patted his back. "Arasseo. Go get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow."

++++++++++

Stepping out of the elevator, Dara and Youngbae were laughing and joking around.

They suddenly stopped when they saw Jiyong standing in front of them.

They stood there face to face, not saying a word.

Jiyong's gaze went down and saw something that made him tighten his jaw.

Upon noticing where he was looking at, Dara immediately let go of Youngbae's hand.

Sensing the tension and awkwardness in the atmosphere, Youngbae excused himself.

"I'll wait for you in the recording studio." He said to Dara and left.

++++++++++

"Wanna join us for snack?" Dara invited as she struggled to smile at Jiyong.

Unlike before, she is now willing to make things easier for them.

Jiyong was looking at her like he was weighing her.

"Ji?" She tilted her head.

He blinked and shook his head as he let out an awkward chuckle. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention... What was that?"

"I said if you want to join us for snack?" She repeated.

Seeing her smile at him again blew his mind away.
He felt warmth inside his chest that he couldn't contain his happiness.

He has totally forgotten what he just saw earlier.

"I-I'm fine, Dara-ah." His lips curved up. "I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure?" She sounded hopeful.

He suddenly reached out to touch her forehead, making her flinch.

Her reaction stunned him but he just shrugged it off and smiled.

"You're better now." He quietly said, feeling her temperature. "I'm glad."

"Yeah, Bom gave me some medicine. I guess it's very effective." She lets out a laugh.

"That's good." Jiyong simply replied.

There was a long silence between them.

Dara cleared . "Are you sure you don't want to join us? The chicken soup and kimbap are tasty. You'll be missing a lot."

Jiyong lightly smiled at her. "Maybe next time, Dara. I really need to go,"

The smile on Dara's face slowly disappeared. "O-okay then. If you say so. I guess I'll just see you around then."

"Bye, Dara." He said as he turns.

She watched him walk away with a heavy heart.

After a few steps he suddenly spun around.

"I'm not dating Kiko." He said out of nowhere, making her blink. "I just want you to know that."

Hearing the name she dreaded most made her remember everything from last night.

"But you were with her last night, right?" She blurted her inner thought.

Jiyong nods his head knowing where she's getting at.


"You went out with Youngdeuk and you held hands with Youngbae, does that mean you're dating them?"

Dara was caught off guard by his question.

"N-no, o-of course not." She stammered.

He smiled. "Same with me, Dara. I'm with her last night just to talk. That's all. I'm sure that's also what you did with them."

She couldn't look at him.
It's like the tables have turned and she couldn't perceive why.

"I-I need to go now." She said, trying hard not to shake.


++++++++++

Inside the car...

Gripping the steering wheel with both hands, Jiyong leaned his forehead on it.

As he closed his eyes, a tear fell.

"Please don't." He whispered. "Please...Don't...Dara..."

 

 

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

 

Hiyee~~~ I made a short DARAGON fan fiction... Hope you check it out...

Click the link below

 

............(0 0)
.---oOO-- (_)-----.
╔═════════════════╗
  Dancing On My Own....
╚═════════════════╝
'----------------------oOO
........|__|__|
.......... || ||
....... ooO Ooo

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

 

-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v