The Sweet Escape

Tonight

At the sudden vibration of her cellphone, Bom jerked awake.
Blinking her eyes, she checked the cellphone in her hand.
She groaned when she found out that she only slept for less than thirty minutes.
Scowling, she read the text message that she just received.

"Bom-ah, tell me if your sleeping over tonight. I'll be cooking samgyetang for dinner." - MOM

After reading about the food, she sat up on the couch right away.

Instantly, her fingers started typing.

 "Omma, we're recording today. I'm not sure what time we're going to finish but I'll ask our manager to drop by and pick up the soup. ^^ Can you also make some for the girls? ^^"

While waiting for her mother's response, she looked around.
Teddy and the others are still busy evaluating and making the finishing touches to the song they had just recorded.
Because their backs were facing her, they didn't see that she was awake.
One thing she had noticed though was that someone was missing.

She hurriedly swung her feet to the floor.

"Chaerin-ah."

They all turn around.

"Wae, unnie?" Chaerin asked. "You're up already?"

Youngbae snickered. "Woah, nuna. Just for a few minutes of sleep your face can already puff up like that?"

She looked daggers at him. "Why don't you try sleeping now? Who knows, you might grow up some height."

Stifled laughs surrounded them.

"Where's Jiyong anyway?" She asked before Youngbae could even retaliate.

They all exchanged glances.

"Wasn't he sitting there minutes ago?" Master Wu pointed to the opposite side of the couch.

Teddy shakes his head. "That kid didn't even bother to tell us he's leaving."

Bom and Chaerin looked at each other like their eyes were talking a language that only they can understand.

"I'll go to the ladies room." The two girls said at the same time.

The guys watched in amazement as they scrambled to their feet and headed out the door.

Youngbae sighed. "I still don't understand why girls go to the bathroom in groups."

++++++++++++

"Deuk-ah..." Dara said staring at him with an unreadable expression. "P-please take me away from here."

The young dancer blinked his eyes in bewilderment.
He heard her loud and clear.
Though it rattled his mind for awhile, his brain was fast enough to catch up with what she's telling him.

He looks around the dining hall like he was searching for something.

Then his eyes lit up. "Nuna, let's meet at the fire exit."

Dara shook her head. "I can't. I can't go there."

"Don't worry; we're not going to stay there. I'll just meet you there."

She hesitantly nods her head. "Please make it fast."

Youngdeuk smiled. "I will. I promise."

She walks away real quick.

++++++++++++

EARLIER...

When the elevator door opened at the basement, Jiyong stepped out and was greeted by female dancers who were waiting outside.

"Have you seen Dara?" He asked them.

Jihye shook her head. "I didn't see her."

The two other dancers shook their heads as well.

"Thanks." He waved and proceeds to the hall.

As he past by the dancing studio, he noticed that the door was open and some dancers are headed to the cafeteria.

Once they saw him, they greeted him.

"Did you guys see Dara?"

They all shook their heads.

"We haven't seen him, hyung." Youngdon answered.

"Thanks."

He continued walking then he stopped in front of the private room where he thinks Dara was resting.

Reaching for the doorknob he suddenly heard someone calling him.

He turns and saw Jaewook standing outside the studio, waving at him.

"Jae hyung." Jiyong approached him.

He peeked through the open door. "Where's Dongwook hyung?"

"He went out to get something." Jaewook replied, leading him inside. "Didn't you see him? He just came out."

He shook his head.  

"I wouldn't be looking for him if I were you." Jaewook said in a serious tone.

He raised his eyebrow at him, wondering. "Wae-?"

"Jiyong-ah!"

He saw Jo Sungmin sitting on the bench, panting and wiping his sweat with a towel.

Jiyong excused himself from Jaewook and walks over to his friend.

"Wae?" He chuckled as he sits beside him. "Don't you think you have enough rest already? Get up and practice."

"Aish!" Sungmin hits him with his towel.

"What the hell!" Jiyong exclaimed in disgust. "It's wet with your sweat. Gross!"

"Like you don't sweat."

"Excuse me but I sweat perfume, for your information." He joked.

He received another hit.

"Ayy stop it." He warned Sungmin.

"What are you doing here anyway?" The dancer asked. "Shouldn't you be sleeping or something?"

"I'm looking for Dara."

"She's not here."

He rolled his eyes. "I can see that."

"Jiyong-ah!" Jaewook was standing in the doorway looking at him.

"Ye?"

"Want to get something to eat."

"Ye," He turns to Sungmin. "Catch you later."

++++++++++++

"Is Youngbae in recording studio?" Jaewook asked as they walked towards the cafeteria.

"Ye," Jiyong answered.

"Uh," Jaewook nodded his head.

When they reached the dining hall they went straight to the food counter.

"I'll return for this later, ajhumma." Someone in front of them said to the staff.

"Deuk-ah," Jaewook called.

The young dancer turned around with a shock look on his face.

"H-hyung," He stuttered.

"Wae? Seen a ghost?" The Big Bang leader said coldly.

Jiyong's expression was dark even if he greeted him politely.

Ever since he noticed that Youngdeuk and Dara are becoming close, he developed this ill-feelings towards him.

"Are you finish eating?" Jaewook asked.

"Ah ye-no." He nods then shook his head, moving to the side to make way for them.

Ignoring his jumbled words, Jiyong stepped forward to check the food on the counter.

"Nice, they have chicken soup." He beamed. "Ahjumma, two chicken soup please."

"Two?" Jaewook went to his side.

"Oh, the other one is for Dara." He explained, putting one bowl of soup in his tray. "She's not feeling well today so I'm bringing this to her."

The senior choreographer stared at him like he was about to ask something.

"I'll come back," Holding a tray, Jiyong starts walking towards the private room.

The two men watched him go.

"Yah!"

Youngdeuk jumped from where he was standing. "Ye, hyung."

"If you're done then go back to the studio."

"Y-ye, hyung."

He walked straight to the hall but after a few steps, he turns around to check if the coast is clear.

Upon seeing that no one was looking at him, he went in a different direction.

 
++++++++++++

MEANWHILE...


"Okay," Bom said to Chaerin as soon as they got out of the recording studio. "You go to the basement and I'll look for her some place else."

Chaerin nods and did what she was told to.

Bom took a deep breath and thinks.

'Where do they go if they want to talk in private?' She wondered.

"Of course!" She whispered. "Fire exit."

+++++++++++

Bom slowly pushed the heavy door open.
She poked her head out before entering.
Carefully, she closed the door and tried not to make a sound.
The whole area was quiet.
She peered down and up the stairs, but there was no sign of Jiyong and Dara.

'They're not here.' She frowned.

She was about to head back when she heard something loud.
It's like a door from some floor opened then closed.

She attentively listened and tried to figure out which floor the sound came from.

"Nuna." She heard a familiar voice coming from the basement.

"I can't stay here, Deuk-ah. Somebody might find me here."

'Omo' Bom mouthed.

She put her hand over . 'That's Dara's voice.'

She quietly walks to the side and pressed her back against the wall.

Side stepping as she goes down, Bom felt her heart thumping.

"We can't stay here in the building, nuna." She heard Youngdeuk said. "Jiyong hyung is looking for you and I also saw Chaerin. I heard Bom nuna is also looking for you."

"Eotokke? I don't want to see them right now." Dara said, making Bom stopped in her tracks.

She was already on the second floor, only a floor left from where they are.
But when she heard what her best friend said she decided to stay put and listen.

"Nuna, are you sick?" The young dancer's voice was filled with concern.

"H-how did you know?"

"I heard Jiyong hyung and Jae hyung talking."

Silence.

"Do you really want to get out of here, nuna?"

Bom didn't hear her best friend reply.
She was guessing that her friend might have just nodded or shook her head.

"I just want to make sure that you're well enough to go out." Youngdeuk suddenly spoke.

"I am."

"Okay," He said. "Obviously, we can't go out together so you have to go ahead first. You know the convenient store at the corned of the street?"

"N-ne."

"If it’s fine with you nuna, let's meet there."

Again, there was no response.

"Wait nuna. Let me fix your hood. We don't want the fans to recognize you, do we?"

Bom heard a chuckle.

"Thanks." She heard Dara replied. "I'll use the elevator on the second floor to go down to the lobby."

"Be careful nuna."

"I will, see you there."

Bom quickly but quietly ran up the stairs.
When she reached the third floor, she sat on one of the steps and silently panted.
She then heard the door on the second floor closed.

Feeling relieved, she took a deep breath.

'You'll be the death of me, Sandara Park.' She got up and went down the stairs.

Upon reaching the basement she pushed the fire exit door and entered the hallway.

She saw Chaerin waiting for the elevator.

"Chaerin-ah!" She gasped, running to her.

The 2NE1 leader jumped in surprise. .

"Omo, unnie. Where did you come from?" She asked looking past her. "Don't tell me you used the fire exit stairs?"

Bom just continued panting while resting her hands on her shoulders.

"Unnie, I met Jiyong at the cafeteria. He's not with Dara unnie and he's also looking for her. He said that she's not in all the private rooms here."

"Where... is... he... now." She asked between pants.

"He went back to the recording studio."

"Bwoh?!" Bom's eyes widened, remembering Dara was on the second floor. One floor away.

Thinking they might bump into each other, she panicked.

"When?!" She asked hysterically, gripping on Chaerin's shoulders. "When did he took the elevator???!!"

"Yah! What is wrong with you?" Chaerin struggled.

"When?!"

"I'm not sure! He might have used the stairs."

The stairs and elevators in the building are just close to each other.

"OMAIGAD!!!" Bom shrieked. "Call him now."

"What?" Chaerin gave her a ridiculous look.

"Just do it!"

"Okay, okay." Frowning, she took out the cellphone from her pocket and called Jiyong.

"Yoboseyo, oppa?"

"Ask him where he is?" Bom commanded.

Chaerin rolled her eyes. "Oppa, where are you? Back at the recording studio?"

Bom sighed and gave the leader the thumb up sign.

"Nothing just asking." Chaerin said on the other line. "No we haven't seen her. Ye. See you."

After she ended the call she crossed her arms over her chest. "Mind telling me what's happening, unnie?"

"Long story." Bom looks around. "Have you seen Deukie?"

"Deukie? Ye, just moments ago. Waeyo?"

"Where is he?"

"I think he's on his way back to the dancing studio. Waeyo?"

"Nothing." She quickly ran and left Chaerin completely appalled.
 
+++++++++++

"Yah, hyung. Where are you going? We'll be starting in fifteen minutes."

His twin was standing on the doorway of the dancing studio when Youngdeuk passed by.

He came back to the studio just to get his jacket and hurriedly went out.

"Cover for me." He waved to his brother.

"What?!"

He didn't look back and ran straight down the hall.

"Aishhh! Hyung!" Youngdon called.

+++++++++++


"Woooowww...”

Just in time, Youngdeuk stopped himself from bumping into someone.

"O nuna, choesonghaeyo." He said, dipping his head.

"It's okay. No harm done." Bom said with a smile.

She examined him closely. "Where are you going, Deukie-ah?"

"Ah... uhm..." He scratched his head, thinking of a good answer. "I-I just need to buy something from the... the... fire exit--..."

His face distorted when he blurted out the wrong word. "I mean the convenient store. Yes, I'm going to the convenient store. Do you want anything, nuna? From the store?"

Bom scoffs. "Don't lie to me, imma."

"Nuna," He was surprised that he lowered his gaze.

"I know you're meeting Dara." She said in a quiet voice.

He met her gaze. "H-how-"

Bom waved her hands. "That's not important now."

She reached inside the front pocket of her shorts and then she held out her hand in front of him.

"Give this to her. She needs it for her fever." She said.

Youngdeuk's face lit up as he took the medicine from her hand.

"Make sure she takes it, arasseo?"

"Ye, nuna."

"Please take care of her. Make sure she enjoys her time with you and if anything happens, just call us."

"Ye, nuna." He gave her a reassuring smile.

"Now, go!" She commanded as she moves aside.

"Kamsahamnida, Bom nuna."

"You two be careful."

 

 

 

-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v