A Boy

Tonight

Dara heard a knock.

When she turned around, the door of her room opened and her mother came in.

"You're awake." Mrs. Park greeted with a warm smile.

"So how was your sleep?" She went to help her daughter fix her bed.

"Omma," Dara said taking the blanket away from her. "I can do this."

Her mother chuckled. "It's been a long time since your last visit. I want to do this for you."

Dara smiled as she reached for her mother's hands and led her to sit on her bed.

"You don't have to do these things for me, omma." She sat next to her. "Let me take care of you and my siblings."

"Just relax and be healthy, okay?" She added.

Mrs. Park cupped her face with one hand.

"My daughter is working so hard. I'm really proud of you."

Dara held her mother's hand and gently squeeze it.

"I miss you, omma."

"I miss you too."

They hugged each other.


When Dara arrived yesterday, she was too tired that she wasn't able to talk with her mother and siblings.
She spent the whole day sleeping.
By the time she woke up, it was already late and her family has gone to bed.

Mrs. Park slowly pulled away. "What brings you here anyway? Aren't you and the girls getting ready for an album or something?"

"Ye, we are. We actually have practice today. I came here because I want to spend time with you before our promotion starts."

She examined her daughter. "Are you sure that's all?"

Dara raised an eyebrow. "Ye omma, what else is there aside from missing you?"

"I don't know." Her mother shrugged her shoulders. "The last time you came here without notice was when you and Jiyong argued."

Dara forced a laugh. "Omma, don't be silly."

She stood up and rubbed her tummy. "Aigoo, I'm sooooo hungry. What's for breakfast?"

She looked at her intently

"Dara-ah," She gently said. "If there's something bothering you, you can always tell me."

"Omma, I'm fine." She lied.

Her mother adores Jiyong so much.
She treats him like her own son.
Telling her that their relationship is on the rocks will only break her mother's heart.
She had no choice but to lie.

"Jiyong's birthday is coming up." Mrs. Park remembered. "Why don't you invite him over so that I can cook something for him?"

Dara bit her lip. "He's kinda busy preparing for their comeback."

Her mother frowned. "You two are the same. You both work so hard."

All Dara could do is to force a smile.

++++++++++

In Japan...

After Kiko finished taking a bath, she went to her desk to check news updates about her scandal with Jiyong.

"Hmmm..." She furrowed her eyebrows while clicking on some sites. "Looks like the scandal died down."

A smile formed on her lips as she read the comments posted by her fans and Jiyong's fans.

There were comments from them saying they will support them and there are some who are against the idea of them dating.

She noticed something interesting about the other comments that were posted.

Too interesting that it made her wonder why these reactions keep coming up.

++++++++++

At YG Building...

It was a Sunday morning but some YG staff and managers were called for a brief meeting.

"I already released a statement yesterday regarding the G-Dragon and Kiko Mizuhara scandal." Hyun Suk began. "So far, so good. Everything seems quiet now."

"To all of you who are present here in this meeting, let me remind you AGAIN the protocol in YG Family whenever issues like this comes out, " He said looking around.

"ALWAYS KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Understood?"

"Ye, Sajangnim." All replied.

"Now, about the schedules," He started.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he scanned through the papers he was holding.

"Jaewook-ah," He looked up. "Youngbae will have a whole day practice tomorrow for his Chocolate guesting, right?"

"Ye, Sajangnim."

"That's not enough." He sternly said. "After his music core recording tonight, sneak some time for him to practice."

"Ye, Sajangnim."

Hyun Suk turned to Youngbae's manager. "Don't forget to inform Youngbae about his new schedule."

"Ye, Sajangnim."

He went through the papers again. "Doesn't 2NE1 have practice today?"

"Ye, they are scheduled this morning until this late afternoon."  The resident choreographer answered.

The president nods his head and turned his gaze to Teddy.

"This week I want the girls to finish recording the two songs that I told you to add in their album." He said.

"Ye, algaesumnida."

"Okay we're done." Hyun Suk announced. "Once the girls arrive, tell them to come here in my office with Jjangoo."

All the staff stood up and bowed.

++++++++++

When Youngbae arrived at YG building, he went straight to the girls' dance studio.

"Youngbae-ah!" Jaewook called when he saw him at the door.

He went in and greeted everyone.

"What are you doing here?" Jaewook asked. "Don't you have schedule for music core?"

"Ye." He replied looking around. "I have nothing to do with my spare time so I decided to hang out. Where are the girls?"

"Sajangnim called them for a meeting. They'll be here soon."

He nods his head and greeted some of the dancers.

"Don't wear them off, hyung. I need them later."

Jaewook snorted. "Don't worry, Hi-Tech and Crazy are used to the rush schedules that we have here."

He smiled knowing what he said was right.

"By the way, remind your best friend about the party." Jaewook said.
"I had a hard time searching for the best resort to celebrate his birthday and I don't want this to go to waste."

Youngbae almost forgot their advance birthday treat for Jiyong.

"Don't worry hyung." He smiled putting his arm around his shoulder. "Your effort won't go to waste."


"Youngbae-ah!" He heard a familiar voice called.

Dara was walking towards him, looking surprise.

"Nuna!" He smiled and waved.

"Why are you here?" She asked. "Aren’t' you performing at music core tonight?"

"I wanted to see yo-" He heard Bom clearing at the side.

"I wanted to see you girls." He finished.  

"Sweet!" Bom interrupted.

She walks to them. "Why don't you make yourself useful and get us something to drink."

Youngbae blinked at her.

"Wae? Shiro?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nuna,"

They all turned to look.

One of the dancers approached them.

"Here, nuna." He handed Bom a bottle of water, then he turned to Dara and smiled.

"This is for you." He said, handing her a bottle of juice.

"Yah!" Bom said. "Why is mine water and hers is juice?"

The young dancer chuckled.

"Aren't you on diet, nuna?" He innocently said. "Hwangssabu hyung warned us not to give you sweets."

Youngbae and Dara burst out laughing.

Bom gawked. "Not you too, Deukie-ah!"

Dara patted Youngdeuk's back and gave him a smile.

"Thanks, Deukie."

"Anytime, nuna." He winks at her and glanced at Youngbae. "Hyung, sorry I only have two."

"Nah, it's all good." He waved his hand.

"Where the hell is my water?" They heard someone said.

They all turned to look and saw Youngdeuk's twin, Youngdon, looking for something on the bench.

Their gaze went back to Youngdeuk who was smiling sheepishly while scratching the back of his head.

"Nuna, if you need anything just tell me." He said to Dara and walks away.

Youngbae furrowed his eyebrows.

He watch as the latter went to join the other dancers.

"Since when did he become your errand boy?" He asked Dara, making Bom snort.

Dara gave him a weird look. "Errand boy? What are you talking about, Youngbae-ah? Deukie's just being nice."

"To you?" He asked in a confused manner. "Since when?"

Bom giggled.

"Oh, you haven't heard?" She asked him. "Our cute Deukie-boy likes Dara."

"Bommie-ah!" Dara pushed her lightly.

"Since when?" Youngbae's eyes widened in surprise.

He suddenly felt his ears warming up.

 

++++++++++

Youngbae stayed to watch the girls' practice.

After what he found out from Bom, he became quite an observer that day.

He would secretly watch Youngdeuk's every move, trying to find evidence that showed he's hitting on Dara.

He felt like he needs to protect Dara at anyway possible.

Whenever he sees Youngdeuk standing close to where she is or even glance at her, he would either call his attention or Dara's.

"Wae?" Dara went to him.

"Ahh... uhmm..." He tried to think of an excuse why he called her.

"Why don't you sit down and rest first." He said.

Dara cocked an eyebrow. "Wellllllll... I was going to but then you called me."

"Not there, nuna. There." He said pointing to the bench at the opposite side of the room.

She huffed and headed towards the bench.

He was about to follow when he felt a hand grab his arm.

"Nuna?"

Bom motioned him to follow her.



At the corner of the room...

"Talk to her." Bom urged him.

"She might think I'm meddling."

"Youngbae-ah, other than yours truly. She also opens up to you."

He glanced at Dara who was sitting quietly on the bench and staring into space.

"Go." Bom pushed him.



"Hey," He said sitting beside her.

Dara was startled but she managed to smile.

"Tired?"

She nods her head and started fanning herself with her hand while pulling the collar of her shirt.

Without realizing it, he was staring at her for a long time.

"Uh, Youngbae-ah? What's wrong?"

"You know that I'm always here to listen, right?" He said in a gentle tone.

Dara's eyes fell to her hands as she played with the hem of her shirt.

He could clearly hear her heaving a deep sigh.

"I'm not forcing you to talk, nuna." He quickly said. "I'm just saying that if ever you're ready, I'm all ears."

Dara bit her lips and turned her head to the opposite side.

"I'm fine, Youngbae-ah." She said.

He gave out a soft chuckle. "If I'm the worst liar then what do you call yourself, nuna?"

It took a while for Dara to turn and look at him.

"For now, I don't want to talk until my mind is completely clear." She said.

He nods his head. "I understand."

"Gomawo, Youngbae-ah." She smiled lightly and pats his back.

++++++++++

A pair of eyes watched the two talking and smiling at each other.

How he wished that he can be that close to her too.

It's been a long time since he kept his hidden feelings for her.

After the rumors spread in YG vicinity that her relationship with her boyfriend is now falling apart, he wanted to approach her and be a friend.

But like what the others have experienced, he too felt the awkward vibe that she gives to people.

He reminisced about the first time he met her.

"Yah," Someone nudged him. "What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing," He shook his head and looked around.

"If you're looking for your twin, he went out to take a break." Jihye told him.

He stood up and stretched his body.

"Deukie-ah, don't forget the party." She reminded him.

"I'll think about it, nuna."

Jihye frowned. "Your brother's going, how come you're not?"

"I have something to do on that day." He explained.

"It's Jiyong-sshi's birthday celebration. Everyone's coming."

"I heard they're not." Youngdeuk motioned his head to where the three 2NE1 members are.

"It's because they have to finish recording." She reasoned.

"And I have somewhere else to go." He countered.

"I give up." Jihye sighed. "Boy, Heeyun's gonna be disappointed about this."

He rolled his eyes and chuckled.