Chapter 30

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My dear subscribers. I know I told you guys to prepare for this chapter.

Well, you should know that this is going to be the last chapter... of This Story.  /).(\

I wish I didn't have to end it now, but that's the way it was already planned. I felt that if I made it longer it wouldn't be the same.

But up until now I hope you guys have enjoyed this story and enjoy this last chapter.

 

**Stick to the end for a special announcement ;)**

 

 

Chapter 30

 

Spending her morning as she used to was a bit odd considering she spent ‘the past days’ in the guest room and in ‘her’ house. Though she missed being able to spend her time with Youngjae, nonetheless she was glad to be back as her younger self living with her parents.

It was unbelievable for her that she was standing in front of her school seeing everything as it was before. She took a look at the fountain and traced her finger in the corner of the concrete structure, and replayed all the things she lived, or ‘will live.’

She held on to her backpack strap and stepped into the school. Everything was as she remembered her old classmates that greeted her happily, the fresh air that caressed softly the skin that her uniform didn’t cover, and her usual bright smile. It was definitely good to be back.

Opening her locker she took out the books she needed for her first period. But she turned back when someone tapped on her shoulder. She smiled when she saw her best friend.

“Sarah!” –She hugged her best friend breathless.

“____-ah! Hi…” –Sarah patted her back. –“I can’t breathe…”

She held back the tears that threatened to fall due to the happiness of seeing her young friend.

“Sorry…”

Sarah felt worried when she saw her teary eyes.

“Sweetie… Are you okay?”

She nodded. “Yeah… I’m fine!” –She beamed at her concerned buddy.

“I was waiting for your call yesterday…” –Sarah began, cocking her eyebrow. –“How did it go…? What did he say?”

She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head. Wondering what was her friend asking about.

“You did confess right?” –Sarah asked her tone in disbelief that she forgot something like that.

“Ohh!” –She remembered her rejected confession. –“I did!”

Sarah wiggled her eyebrows and elbowed her playfully.

“So… What did he say?” –She had that famous smirk on her face.

“Sarah… He just wants to be friends with me.”

Sarah’s smirk fell along with her shoulders.

“Darling I’m so so sorry!” –Sarah said pulling her friend in for a hug. –“No wonder you were so sensitive…”

She noticed her friend had misunderstood. “Oh no no… I’m okay about it…”

Sarah pulled away and gave her a questionable look.

“I mean… I was ready to receive a yes or a no… so I wouldn’t be so heartbroken if the answer wasn’t positive. I completely understand him. You can’t force someone to say yes when he’s really not interested.”

“Like Youngjae…” –Sarah mumbled sarcastically.

The now young girl chuckled nervously, remembering how Youngjae used to be.

“Maybe later he’ll see what he’s lost…” –Sarah said wanting to comfort her friend, she wrapped her arm in her shoulder and squeezing from the side a little said: “Don’t worry ____-ah… You’re an amazing girl and one day you’ll find someone who will accept you and love you. Don’t you forget that…”

She nodded at her friend and put her arm on Sarah’s back. “I know!” –She beamed. –“I know you will too.” –She said confidently, a certain someone in mind.

“I’m sure he’ll arrive when I least expect it.” –Sarah said also with confidence. After looking at her watch she said: “Well let’s go, or we’ll be late for class.”

 

--

 

Sarah went into her classroom and her friend looked into the music classroom searching for something in specific. But she sighed in disappointment when she didn’t see what she was hoping. I guess he’s not here yet…

She walked slowly and decided to make her way to her classroom or else she’d really be late. But when she looked up she saw in the hallway making his way to her the same person she was looking for. Her heartbeat became quick and she felt flustered and a smile plastered in her face. He had his hair blonde again and he looked a bit chubbier than the last time she saw him. Stay calm...

He was accompanied by his friend Daehyun. And he had his arm on Youngjae’s shoulder as if he was advising him. Seeing Youngjae’s expression, and getting to know him ‘the past days’ she could tell he was concerned, especially when he looked up and their eyes met.

This action made her more uneasy, but she decided not to show it. Both of them looked at her, and she grinned slightly and waved her hand softly. Daehyun grinned back and Youngjae’s face still seemed concerned, or rather surprised.

She quickly passed by them to continue her way, both of them with their eyes on her until she disappeared from the hallway.

Daehyun patted Youngjae’s back. “I’m telling you Jae…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter