Chapter 28

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No big introduction for this one, let's just get to the story. >_<

 

 

Chapter 28

 

“What happened is she okay?” –Her mother rushed to her side when Youngjae was helping her in.

“She’s just a little weak… Most probably because she skipped her meal.” –Youngjae responded walking her into the kitchen.

“Just sit her down… I’ll give her something.”

He pulled the chair for her and helped her sit down. She kept blinking repeatedly and holding her head trying to stop the dizziness, and he moved the other chair and sat next to her. He wrapped his arm around her and let her head rest in the crook of his shoulder, and he placed his free hand in her wet forehead to check her temperature.

“You’re cold…” –He spoke against her hair and gently kissed it. –“But don’t worry, you’ll feel better after eating.”

She hummed and he grinned rubbing her arm. –“You may not remember, but your body does not tolerate skipping meals. From now on I shall make sure you always have your breakfast.”

She smiled upon hearing his concern and adjusted making herself more comfortable in his arm, this little gesture made him smile. I’ve missed this kind of closure, I’m glad you’re next to me again...

--

Youngjae made sure you ate all your food, which in some part helped you regain a part of your energy. Thankfully the rush was slowly coming to an end helping you recover. You pushed the plate and sighed in relief, and looked at Youngjae who was smiling next to you.

He caressed the side of your face and asked: “Feeling better?”

You nodded and smiled. “I’m still a little dizzy, but I’m feeling much better. Thank you.”

“You should always eat something before you leave darling… It could’ve been worse, but thank goodness Youngjae got to you on time.” –Your mother said standing next to the counter with your father.

You agreed and Youngjae placed his hand on top of yours. “Well… You should rest a little now. I’m going, but I’ll come to check up on you later.” –He said smiling.

He stood up, and before he could go any further you grabbed his hand and he turned around.

“Don’t leave…  Take me with you.” –You pleaded.

--

 

In the car the gentle movements and the fact that you had lost almost all your energies earlier were making your eyes feel more tired. Youngjae took a glimpse at you and patted your hand that was over your thigh.

“You can sleep a little if you want, I’ll wake you up when we get there.”

You rested your head back and acceded. With your eyes still on him slowly you succumbed to a deep slumber, his face being the last thing that you saw.

 

--

 

“_____-ah… Wake up, we’re here…” –You heard a faint voice making you open your heavy eyelids.

“I’ll help you out… Hold on to me.”

You looked around your head still stumbling because of the sleep and turned to your right when you felt him trying to move you out. You held on to his arm and shook repeatedly the drowsiness away, him helping you into your home. He helped you upstairs and finally got to the bedroom. You let go of him and he moved the covers letting lie down and adjust to be comfortable and put them back on.

He kneeled down and sweetly looked at you as he traced the hair that fell to your face. “You look so tired…”

You nodded with your eyes almost closed. “I couldn’t sleep well yesterday; I kept thinking about you, I felt so guilty for fighting with you.”

He shook his head and traced the side of your face. “Don’t blame yourself, you deserved to know the truth. This is my entire fault… I should’ve been honest since all this happened, but I was scared that you wouldn’t understand and you’d leave… I’m sorry…” –He said regretfully.

“I forgave you.” –You paused and grinned. –“Years ago… When I found you in a basement the day of the last play… You were framed...”

“You remember that?”

“I remembered…” –You reassured him. “I can’t believe they dared hurt you...” –You raised your hand to touch his soft cheekbones.

He looked at you tenderly, feeling the concern in your tone.

“But I know the truth now Youngjae… I can’t trust him.”

He grinned as he took your hand and pressed his lips against the back of it, giving it a sweet kiss. This small gesture caused a tingling sensation in your body.

“Don’t you worry about him anymore… Even if he does come back I’ll protect you from him. I can’t let him try to get between us no longer.” –He held tight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter