Chapter 20

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 20

 

The fresh scent of perfume filled your nostrils as you put on the finishing touches. You were sitting in the chair of the vanity taking in on the little details for the party that was that night. You’d be traveling back to Seoul so you had to finish early.

You took another glimpse at your hair, makeup and dress and a feeling of déjà vu rushed through your body. But it wasn’t making you uncomfortable, all contraire; it made you feel that warmth in your heart that only belongs to one emotion, happiness. You turned your head to the side to give your straight hair one last look and saw a figure standing on the door frame. He was watching from a respectable distance.

He had a huge smile on his face when you turned to look at him, which made you smile back. You stood up and patted your dress to avoid any wrinkles or fallen makeup, and he walked closer to you. You were now face to face and he looked at you from your head to your toes. You were waiting for anything, any reaction from him.

“Woah… You look exactly like you did on our school dance…” –You tilted your hair and from instinct you picked a strand of hair and curled it with your finger. –“Perhaps even more beautiful…”

He said in a sweeter tone, you chuckled and looked down at your dress, picking the bottom part slightly with the tip of your fingers.

“Is that why you wanted me to wear it so much?”

Youngjae smirked and took the strand of hair you were playing with and put it back.

“Well, I am still in charge of reminding your memories…” –He confidently said.

You scoffed and chuckled slightly. “I don’t recall ever saying you were ‘in charge’ of anything like that…”

He responded with a smug smirk as he took your hand. You didn’t flinch or pull back you just remained still looking intently into his eyes awaiting for his next move.

“You seem to be kind of forgetful lately…” –He playfully said.

You hid your smile by biting your lip, but it was easily uncovered when he took the back of your hand and pressed his lips against it. The past days were the first time you’ve let him become closer to you, but lately it seemed like it has been a routine you were used to. I no longer desired to run away from him, as if this is where I belonged all along.

“Ready to go?” –He asked with your hand still close to his lips.

You nodded and he let your hand down gently into his, the closure making your heart flutter and your feet feel like you were walking on a cloud. I never believed I’d feel this way being next to you... Could it mean that you were right all along?

 

--

 

As I made my way into the building I couldn’t stop the feelings of butterflies in the top of my stomach. Maybe it was because of the man beside me? No, I was nervous because I was going to see my best friend again. Fear? Happiness? I don’t know which one is overpowering me more this instant. All I’m aware is that Youngjae noticed something’s the matter because his grip tightened a little bit which made me look at him.

“Everything’s going to be alright…” –He gave me a smile which made me feel at ease.

I nodded and we finally arrived.

--

 

They were in the activity hall from the old High School. The room was partially empty because they had arrived on time. She looked at the room with a smile starting to spread in her lips because of the memories she had from some auditions she managed to get in when she began high school. She let go of Youngjae’s hand and walked a little ahead. He let her go a little further but he kept his eyes on her not wanting to lose her from sight in the small crowd.

“_____-ah… Over here!” –He led her to a table in one of the sides of the room.

She followed behind him and sat in one of the chairs Youngjae had pulled for her.

“Thank you!” –She sincerely smiled at his gentleman gesture.

“Anytime!” –He sat across her.

“This place…” –She began getting his attention instantly. –“I remember being here when I started High School. My first audition before being admitted to this school was here.”

She said admiring the surroundings that were now decorated differently. It even had a small stage in front and some tables with refreshments in the side. All the chairs that she remembers from when she was younger were all gone making room for a ‘dance floor’.

“I know. I was there that day.” –He smiled shyly.

It was strange for him to be shy; he was usually forward and outgoing. “Were you some k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter