Chapter 18

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 18

 

Youngjae closed the door behind you and you heard him let out a sigh. His sudden change of humor worried you, he seemed sad. The only possibility that came to your mind was that maybe he remembered something from the past, he did say ‘Just like the first time…’

He only was causing your intrigue to become bigger. You changed your clothes with a thoughtful expression on your face. You put the dress back to the hanger and put the plastic bag over it. You hung it from the crook of your elbow and walked out of the room. You looked to both sides of the hallway when you didn’t see Youngjae.

“Youngjae?” –You walked to the stairs and made your way to the living room.

He wasn’t there so you walked to the kitchen and saw sitting in the kitchen table. His eyes seemed distracted, like lost in thoughts.

“Hey… Youngjae?”

He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard your voice, he looked at you and got up.

“Done?” –He grinned.

You nodded; he walked to you and took the dress from you.

“Let me put this away for a while. How about we go out there’s still a couple of hours of daylight.”

He put the dress aside and looked at you waiting for your answer. You nodded and went out. He walked you through the neighborhood and later took you to eat. You were feeling a bit uneasy due to his earlier mood swing, but you tried your best to not bring it up again.

--

As the day passed the both of them talked about different things, he told her about places she’d used to go often and things she enjoyed to do. So far she was learning more about herself than she thought she could. Time passed by quickly as they spent the whole afternoon together. They didn’t even notice until they were in the car that it was already late. Youngjae saw the time in the clock from his car dash, and his face fell, he knew it was already late and he’d have to take her to her ‘old’ house.

“It’s already late… You must be tired.” –He said making her look at the clock.

She stretched herself and let out a chuckle.

“I didn’t even realize it was this late… Guess we got caught up in our little ride.”

“I guess we did…” –He said slowly he didn’t want their time together to end. –“Well, I can take you to pick up the dress and then I take you back to your parents house.”

She looked back at the clock and she thought.

“No, don’t take me back.” –She looked at the window.

He averted his eyes from the street quickly. He wanted to make sure he didn’t hear wrong.

“Excuse me?” –He looked back at the street and stopped at a red light.

“What I’m saying is, it’s already late and you have to work tomorrow. We’re really far away from my house and you would still have to come back.” –She paused when she looked at him who was looking at her in silence; she cleared and continued. –“If you have to wake up early tomorrow, you’ll be too tired, and you would also have to come pick me up again in the morning. So, I can stay tonight in our house.”

Youngjae looked back at the street when the street light changed holding his smile when he heard her say ‘our house.’

“Are you sure?” –He asked making sure.

He didn’t see it but she nodded as she played with her fingers. “Yes I’m sure Youngjae.”

“I mean really, if you want to go back is okay…” –He kept saying though he didn’t want her to change her decision.

“No, I don’t. It’s alright with me.” –She said changing her tone slightly.

“Really?” –He asked one more time, this time her tone becoming firmer.

“Yes! I’m sure! Can you stop questioning me? If I say I want to stay wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter