Chapter 1

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 is remade!

If you're an old reader please let me know what you think of this change. (:

Chapter 1

“I just want to be friends…”

Like sharp knifes those words left his lips, taking you off guard. No matter how many times you had prepared yourself for a rejection, in your heart you were holding on to a little hope that at least he’d accept.

It was ironic how you had said those same words many times before, but you never thought about the pain that comes afterwards for the person directed. The small envelope you held to him crumbled in your bare hands as you tried to gain composure and not collapse, although your knees were threatening to do otherwise.

“___-ah… I’m sorry. I-“ –Daehyun attempted to rest his hand on your shoulder, but unconsciously you flinched before contact and stepped back.

“Is okay I- Understand. T-thank you for being honest...” –You simply said as you looked straight to his eyes trying your best not to tear up in front of him. Having Daehyun taking pity on you and feeling sorry was a no. –“You don’t have to apologize about it…”

He sympathetically smiled and you gave your best smile to keep him at ease. How to walk away from the situation without crying and causing a scene was all you could think of. Surely if the conversation had been a little louder, there’d already be rumors spreading around of your embarrassing rejection.

“I got to go.” –That was all that your mind could pop out, and before he could ask, you finished your trail of thoughts. –“I’ll see you around Dae.”

Hoping that at least if you called him like you usually did, he would let you leave with no bad blood between the two of you, and go back to what you used to.

Daehyun hummed in response and waved his hand without uttering a word. Inside that made you realize that even when you hoped so, things would never be the same between you. After all, you saw him differently than what he ever did. Just friends… That lousy feeling.

 

 

 

As you left the campus, you held back the urge to cry due to the students that passed by. Some had already seen you together with Daehyun, and although you doubted anyone of them knew exactly what had gone through, if you didn’t hold your feelings in, they could easily speculate, and that’d lead to questions and rumors. And putting Daehyun on the spotlight was something you’d never want.

Looking down to the worn out envelope in your hand, you heaved a sigh. The small heart you had stuck to the front part of the envelope, when you thought it was a cute idea, was sticking out by the corners and just like the envelope’s content and your heart, was screwed up. Now you were having second thoughts about confessing to the person you had liked for so long, it was something you’d think about more in future times. If it ever happens… Maybe not.

There was no use on keeping that worthless piece of paper, so you took it without care by both sides and tore it apart. Then approached the big trash basket and threw it away. Apologetically, with little regret, you stared at it for a few more seconds and again found yourself battling away the tears that wanted to come out.

So after taking a long and calming breath you made your way out of the campus gates. Even when you wanted to get everything off your mind, you just couldn’t. Daehyun was always so kind and caring towards you and it made you feel so stupid that you had mistaken his feelings.

The sound of water made you stop, and it silenced your thoughts momentarily. Your feet slowly dragged you to the fountain by you. That same fountain you found yourself approaching every day after a stressing day of school, or just when you wanted a little solitude. Nevertheless, despite not being any reasons to be there you always found yourself going to the same place every afternoon. Peeking slowly, you caught a glimpse of your reflection. A worn out complexion, pinkish nose and teary eyes was all you could see. Maybe I’m not good enough for him.

Scrunching your eyebrows and shaking your head, you got rid of the thoughts. Negativity wasn’t really the way to deal with the situation at hand. So you tried to replace them with something that could cheer you up. Your hand was drawing itself nearer to the water that was falling freely, leaving little droplets on your blazer. That was almost enough to keep you calm, because from one second to another, the inner peace of mind changed drastically because of… him. Not now…

"______!"

You took a deep breath as you clenched your fist and avoid glaring at him too deathly you could actually kill him. Not today… I’m really not in the mood Youngjae…

He wasn’t a bad guy; in fact if he wasn’t so obnoxious and persistent you’d probably be good friends. You had met him when you were in eighth grade, after he moved to Seoul to study, and at first he was constantly there, but after a while it felt sickening to be near him. He’d confess every given time he could, no matter how many times you’ve let him know how you felt, and he’d gift you flowers every time. A nice gesture that became tiring after the third and tenth time.

Although you both auditioned for the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter