Chapter 26

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 26

 

After trying to catch your sleep, it was inevitable thinking about it. Again and again your thoughts fluttered with him. Why couldn’t you believe him was beyond you. Pride maybe? After all, your parents accepted him and so did your best friend, wasn’t that enough? Something kept telling you that it was alright to believe him, but that part in your mind that was self conscious of your real age and remembered your past with him kept telling you otherwise.

But truth was that you missed him a lot. With a sigh you pushed yourself off the bed in an attempt to leave your drowning thoughts behind. You got ready wearing simple clothes and made your way to the door. You had only touched the knob when your mother’s voice stopped you.

“Where are you going sweetie?” –She asked from the living room.

“I’m going to the park from around the corner for a while, I need a breather.” –You answered opening the door.

“Aren’t you going to eat breakfast?” –She pointed back at the kitchen.

You shook your head and stepped outside. “I’m not really hungry… Maybe later. I’ll see you soon.”

You closed the door and walked trying to refresh your mind, trying to keep Youngjae and what happened the day before off your mind, completely unaware that there was someone observing you closely since your last encounter.

Taking his phone out, he wrote a text and sent it. This is too easy… I hope you know how it feels to lose everything you worked so hard for…

 

--

 

After a while that you walked in the path you remembered you had been there with Youngjae, the one you wanted to stop thinking about. But no matter what, what you saw, what Yoseob told you and Youngjae said about him kept suffocating your mind. But a voice you had heard the day before made you abruptly stop.

“Why are you alone at this time of day?”

You narrowed your eyes at him and kept walking. “That’s none of your business…”

He walked a little faster and caught up on you. “What’s with the coldness… Everything alright?”

You just sighed and ignored his question.

“I’ve been thinking about you since what happened yesterday… Did anything happen with Youngjae? He seemed so angry…”

He still didn’t give you any proof that you could trust him, at least not with what you saw and with what Youngjae said. “I don’t think I have to give anyone explanations about my relationship with Youngjae…”

“I’m sorry for making you guys fight…” –He said apologetically.

“Everything’s fine Yoseob.” –You stated walking faster.

He hurried his steps and stopped in front of you. “If everything’s okay, then why aren’t you wearing your wedding ring?” –He took your left hand which you shook off. –“You can always talk to me if something’s the matter… You know that, right?”

He lowered his tone and offered you a smile. For a moment you thought about his offer, but again you reminded yourself of whom you were dealing with. His smile seemed convincing, but you weren’t at all sure of his intentions.

You shot a glare at him and said before walking past him. “Again, that’s none of your business.”

You clenched your fist but his words stopped you.

“Of course it is… Don’t you think I worry about the girl I fell for years ago? Knowing she’s with the wrong guy?”

You creased your eyebrows; you sensed contradiction in his words along with the images you saw the day before. What is he looking for?

He stopped in front of you again and smiled. “It pains me to see that he got to have what he knew belonged to me in the first place…”

He began to trace your hair, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter