Chapter 14

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! (: 

I've been sooo busy lately, and when I get home and want to write something I just feel too mentally exhausted to do so. But as I wrote in the story feed I only needed to review this chappie before updating.

I hope you are enjoying this story! Your comments mean a lot to me, really! (: Your support is wholeheartedly appreciated! :D

Thank you all! <3

 

Chapter 14

 

I woke up from my doze when I felt the strong breeze hit my face and the smell of water. I leaned forward to take a closer look at my surroundings. I place my hand on the dash and without looking at Youngjae I ask:


"Where are we?"

"We're at Incheon..."

"But we're so far from home; didn’t you say that you had to be back by dinnertime?" –I questioned looking around.

"You needed some time to calm down, and that’s exactly what I intend to do."

He gets out of the car and I do the same. He looked at me from the other side of the car.

"Don’t worry about your parents, they know you’re with me, so just take a breath and relax. It’s been two long days for you."

I am absolutely amazed by the beauty of the beach. Living in Seoul and being busy with school barely gave me enough chance to go sightseeing.

"I remember when you asked me to take you here... You said that the sound of the waves relaxed you." –He said looking at the view.

"This is my first time on the beach..." –I said taking a step closer.

He cut me off and added to my sentence: "That you remember." –He grinned, walked to me and took my hand. –“Come on let’s go!"

He dragged me behind him and we walked near the shore. There were a couple of people there; it wasn’t summer time so most people were doing the same as us, admiring the scenery.

We were at near the water and I jumped back when one of the waves almost crashed on my shoes. Youngjae chuckled.

"You can take off your shoes if you want..."

He released my hand and took off his own shoes. I did the same. I carefully walked closer to the water and he took my hand with his free hand making me immediately look back.

"Be careful..."

I nodded and grinned when I felt the water and the sand between my toes.

"I love this!!"
I squealed in joy. This being my first time on the beach made it such a great experience I don’t ever want to forget.

Youngjae suddenly pulled me by the hand and in one moment to another he was running dragging me with him in the cold sand. He really changed from what he was when we were at the car to what he is now. And honestly I rather not go back to that. I can tell he's been frustrated, but still he's putting up with my situation and my sometimes bratty attitude, and yet he doesn’t fail to show me a good time. He’s been really forgiving.

We ran after a couple of minutes until we ran out of breath. We both breathed in sync and he pointed to an area where we could both rest.

I almost threw myself on the flat rock. I lied with my hands on my stomach which was moving up and down quickly.

Youngjae rested his arms behind him and he looked at me with a sly grin.

"What?" -I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Wasn’t that relaxing?"

I couldn’t tell if he was being sarcastic or not so I chuckled.

"If you mean almost losing my breath and dying from exhaustion relaxing… then yeah! I guess I am relaxed."

He laughed.

"You really haven’t changed at all _____."

He said, his tone sounded sad melancholic; he looked down and gave a deep breath, his smile quickly faded away. I pressed my lips into a thin line. I knew where this was going now.

"_____... Can, can I tell you now? I mean, about Sunhwa?"

He sounded nervous; perhaps by my outburst from earlier he was feeling uneasy. I sighed; it's not his fault things ended up like this... I mean, it was my life. I think it’s time for me to let the past be the past and let the bygones be bygones. If Sunhwa is my friend, there must be a logical explanation behind it. So I shall listen to what he has to say.

"Yes..." -I used my most calmed tone.

"Okay..." -he took a deep breath. He knew about my past with Sunhwa so he knew it was hard for me to acknowledge it so sudden.

"Not long after Daehyun rejected you, weeks after, he got together with Sunhwa. They had liked each other for a long time, but they were kind of oblivious at first, they flirted with each other without realizing. When you confessed to him that day, he felt really sorry he had to do that to you… He knew I liked you and you were a good friend to him. I had a talk to him about it because I was worried about you, but he said that he believed he liked someone else at that time."

I take a breath still lying down. Youngjae is not even looking at my face; I don’t blame him though my expression is full of pain right now. My 16 year old self was rejected just a couple of days ago and now I’m being told that not long after that day he got together with another girl, also that he only saw me as just a friend…

"Though I worried about you taking it hard, you didn’t..."

I stop him and sit straight now looking at him.

"I didn’t?"

He made eye contact finally; he approached his hand to my face and dried the corner of my eye that was already tearing up, still looking intently into my eyes.

"It was strange for me though; I was so worried about you when Daehyun told me he had rejected you. So I always kept my eye on you. But you were fine about it, and you also seemed to open up to me, which made me really happy...!" –He took his hand away from my face.

How is that even possible? What happened after that last day that made me change all the sudden...?

"Not long after they got together, Sunhwa kept teasing you with Daehyun, bragging about him behind his back, which I believed would trigger you. But it didn’t... You didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter