Chapter 24

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 24

 

 

...Your hands easily wrapped on his neck which was an indication for him that you accepted his affection. Again that same feeling you got before whenever he was close to you was intensified. Your heartbeat rose to the limit, and your extremities felt numb, almost as if you were vanishing in his arms. But whatever it was you were feeling in your body was ignored with the softness of his lips.

Suddenly, the images that flashed in your mind as you kissed turned the momentarily happiness into instant anger.

--

You saw the stage around you, something was off. Some curtains were fallen and there were props randomly placed. Though you couldn’t tell quite well what was going on, there was something you were sure of, and that was the fury that was running through your veins. You turn when you hear someone speaking, only to come face to face to a younger version of Yoseob and his friend Doo-Joon who was Sarah’s ex boyfriend.

The last one came forward to Sarah. “What’s it going to be Sarah?”

“You think you can come ask me that after all you’ve done?” –She raised her tone almost throwing herself to hit him, but she was quickly stopped.

You look at her and you feel your heart beat rise when you heard her speaking like that. Looking closely Sarah was standing next to Sunhwa who was the one who stopped her and Daehyun, there were other people there you recognized as some of your acting classmates, but Youngjae wasn’t there.

Doo-Joon scoffed as he turned to, Yoseob, the ‘innocent’ looking fellow beside him, who showed with his words that he wasn’t as innocent as you believed.

“Us? We practically didn’t do anything…” –He turned to you and you heaved. –“It was all thanks to your dear Youngjae…”

You felt yourself furrow your eyebrows and just when you were to speak, Yoseob cut you off.

“Or did you really think he loved you? He only used you… It was all planned even before you came to this school ______.” –He smirked. –“Why do you think he’s not around right now? All this…?”

He pointed at the messed up stage. “It was all him… All he’s wanted was to take you down all along. Or did the ‘smart’ girl didn’t realize that her lover was really her contender…”

He stepped closer to you almost as if he was challenging you. “He doesn’t care for you. He used you…”

The images felt so real, you finally realized.  You remembered Yoseob’s words and it made sense.

Is this… A memory?

--

Your eyes opened abruptly and you pushed Youngjae away from you. You felt tricked, betrayed, played…

He looked at you with concern, you avoided his stare and tried to catch your breath and calm the anger you were feeling. He walked closer to you and just when he was about to reach out for you, you moved abruptly.

“Take me home.” –Each word between pause and firmly said.

“Are you okay?”

He reached out for your forehead that had small drops of sweat. You stopped his hand halfway and this time looked at him with piercing eyes.

“I said. Take me home.” –You simply said releasing his hand in a bad manner and walking from him.

He rushed behind you but since you had reacted like that he didn’t dare ask anything. He thought you were mad about him kissing you.

--

After he parked the car she walked out closing the door with force as she tried to get her thoughts straight. She was aware that what she saw when they were kissing wasn’t just a figment of her imagination, it felt like so much more. But what could it mean?

Youngjae followed her worried of her sudden change of mood, is not like things were fine when he found her dancing with his old ‘friend’. She almost closed the door on his face and when he finally caught up to her right in the door of the guest room he turned her around.

“Are you angry at me because I kissed you?” –He almost stuttered in his words.

She glared at him and scoffed. “I’m not the kind of person to get mad at such things…”

“Then what’s wrong?” –He used a calmer tone.

She turned to the side and sighed. “Are you telling me all the truth Youngjae?”

He almost choked on his breath remembering that she was with Yoseob.

“Did you tell Yoseob about your memory loss?” –He questioned.

“No… I didn’t tell him anything.”

“Then why are you asking me that all the sudden?”

“I need to know Youngjae so that I can trust you! Are you telling me everything?”

He sighed. “What did he tell you…?”

She furrowed her eyebrows. “Why do you keep asking me about him? I’m talking about you? Are you reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter