Chapter 19

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 19

 

Their night together passed smoothly. For him it was a dream come true having her next to him and waking up to her peaceful snoozing face. Once he opened his eyes he believed he was dreaming to finally have his ‘wife’ becoming closer once again with him. He looked intently at her face as her chest moved softly because her steady breathing. He stretched his hand to move a strand of hair that fell and traced his finger along to the side of her back. She shifted, pressed her eyelids tightly and incoherently mumbled something, and he chuckled softly to avoid waking her up.

“Sleep a little longer darling. I’ll wake you up later.”

He smiled and got off bed, beginning to get ready to a day at work.

 

--

 

You woke up a little later and slowly opened your tired eyes. Stretching you looked to the side only to meet with Youngjae with an undershirt and black formal pants looking for something in the closet. He looked back when he heard the bed moving.

“Good morning! I was about to wake you up. Slept well?” –He smiled at you and looked back into the closet.

“Yes.” –You said in your sleepy voice earning a soft chuckle and a ‘cute’ from him.

You cleared your throat to avoid speaking like that again and got the covers out.

“You can go get ready while I prepare our breakfast. We’re leaving in an hour.”

You hummed in response to avoid talking and looked for some clothes after Youngjae left the room, and went directly to the shower.

 

--

 

After you came out of the bathroom your nose was welcomed by the smell of freshly made coffee coming from downstairs. You automatically smiled, there’s nothing better than the smell of coffee in the morning. You were already dressed and ready. Youngjae was standing in front of the mirror doing his tie.

“Breakfast is ready downstairs. You can go have some anytime.” –He said without looking back.

He was too concentrated on the thing around his neck. You approached him only to watch him struggling with it.

“Let me help you with that.” –You said walking in front of him.

He let you adjust his tie, watching you closely with a grin. You felt his eyes on you, but you didn’t move your eyes from his tie. You felt a ticklish feeling in the top of your stomach and your heart beat was unsteady. On the other hand he was thinking on how much you seemed like his wife these moments, he always dreamt of a similar scene. As you finished adjusting the tie you smiled and tapped it to his chest.

“There you go. Now it looks decent.”

He smirked and showed you his hands; you look up at him wondering why he was showing them to you.

“What about the cuff links?”

“You’re a mess today Youngjae.” –You joked.

You pressed your lips and grabbed his hand one by one and adjusted his sleeves and cuff links. Again you felt his intense stare on you the same feeling overcoming you. You finished with the last one your hands lingered on each other and you swallowed deeply as you felt the contact.

“Done.” –You looked up.

Your eyes met for seconds, he was grinning, a small dimple on his right cheek visible. You smiled a little and pointed back before you lost control of your accelerated heart.

“I’m going to get breakfast.” –You stuttered a bit.

He nodded.

“Okay! And… thanks!”

You smiled at his gratitude and bowed slightly as a reassurance that it’s nothing. When you turned and approached the door he said: “I’ll be down in a bit.”

After he lost you from sight he took a deep breath as he calmed himself a little. He looked back in the mirror now seeing his whole outfit ready, which you helped with. He looked his hand and smiled remembering how it felt to feel the warmth from yours.  She’s my wife.

 

--

 

“So what type of school is it?” –You asked as you had your face leaning on the window.

“The academy is for students with low resources and it specializes in different arts. Is similar to the school we were in, but the difference is that it’s for younger students and they don’t need specific grades or pay a lot of money to get in.” –He explained keeping his eyes on the road.

The neighborhood was different so you were enjoying the view as you listened to him.

“You know, many of the students there are orphans that don’t have much money to get to a prestigious school.”

You turn to look at him with sadness, in his face you could see he cared about them. He continued:

“That’s why we help them develop their talents, and many times they improve to the point where they get qualified to go into better schools when they grow up. But the important thing is that we try to make them feel like we’re their family, and they won’t feel so lonely.”

You smiled a bit when he gave you that explanation, you wanted to know even more about him. This caring side was appealing to you.

“That’s really nice! I can’t wait to get there.”

 

--

 

He walked with me through the school’s hallway. I liked the humble aspect of the school; it had lockers and there were some prizes in glass tables. I n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter