Chapter 27

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 27

 

You saw the empty hallway of an unknown place. It was worn out and it was cold. But it what was more overwhelming was the intense concern and worry you were feeling. You kept calling his name, but there was no response. But you weren’t planning on giving up. He’s around here. I know it.

The sound of muffled scream caught your attention instantly. Your eyes moved to a door that seemed like no one has used it for years. You pressed your ear against it and it confirmed it, there was someone there.

“Youngjae!” –You yelled his name.

You tried to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. “Youngjae I’m coming!”

You tried to push the door but it only opened a little. There was something blocking it. In the desperation of getting him out there you picked up the phone and called for help.

“Sarah! I found him; I’m in the basement. I need help I don’t know how but someone blocked the door from inside… There must be another way in… Just try to bring everyone to help; I’ll try to do what I can now!”

You hung up quickly and looked again at the door; you walked back and tried to push it with all your might. All your efforts and pain in your shoulder were worth it. You managed to open the door bringing down a mountain of boxes. Without minding the noise you searched with your eyes the room, the muffled screaming became more desperate. And you finally spotted a younger Youngjae tied in a chair in the corner of the room.

You ran to him and quickly took the muzzle off and began to untie his bleeding extremities. He was beat up; you saw the bruises he had in the visible skin. He was trying to catch his breath and trying to speak at the same time. “They framed me… I… They did every… They wanted revenge…”

You wiped away the sweat and gently moved the hair that fell to his forehead. You cupped his face swiping with your thumbs his wet cheekbones careful enough not to touch any bruise as he tried to speak.

“I know… Try to breathe Youngjae… Just calm down.”

“I’m sorry- I should’ve done… Something. I didn’t- I’m sorry…” –He said between breaths still agitated from all efforts to escape.

He was trying to apologize, but not even he could find the right words, so you tried to help him the only way you could think of. You cupped his face even more and brought his lips to yours, pecking him softly and slowly, not wanting to pull away, the butterflies becoming more intense.  You pulled away a little still feeling his breath against your lips, and with a smile you added.

“I know everything… I forgive you.”

A tear unknowingly fell and he lifted his trembling hand to dry it.

“Your play… They ruined it…” –He said sadly.

You shook your head and gently took a hold of his hand. “They tried… But even if they did, you are more important to me… I’m glad you’re okay… I just can’t believe they hurt you like this…” –You gently passed your hands in the bruises to avoid hurting him more, a warm tear making its way down your cheek.

“This is my entire fault…” –He rubbed his thumb under your wet eyes. –“I should’ve never been in their side in the first place… I should’ve expected them to take revenge…” –He caught his breath between his words. Then he smiled faintly in an attempt not to cry, and rested his fore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter