Chapter 17

Reminding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 17

 

“Youngjae, where are you taking me?” –I asked as he kept driving.

He glanced quickly at me then back at the street.

“You’re talking too much, you know that?” –He said playfully.

I crossed my arms. “Well… If you’d stop taking me away like this with no explanation whatsoever I wouldn’t have to ask so much?” –I shot back.

He chuckled. “Let’s just listen to some music better, that way you’ll stop nagging.” –He joked.

He turned the radio on. At first we were just moving our heads to the rhythm, but then I started to sing lowly. But I stopped when I saw Youngjae grinning next to me.  I’ve never been confident with my voice, so I stopped. He was a singer, so I knew he could criticize me.

“Why’d you stop singing?” –He asked changing to another song.

“I can’t sing for a living Jae.” –I stated seriously.

“You know, when you were younger you’d always sing to me.”

I pressed my lips together flustered and turn my face to the window.

“I loved hearing your voice; you’d always complain how you didn’t know how to sing. But you only sang for me.” –He finally stopped changing the songs.

This boy always has a way to change the mood so easily. We both went silent and the song he had on began to play. (This song)

--

You come to me from some place far away

My heart trembles, how can I express my feeling?

You stole my heart from the start

And give me an incurable sickness

I want to become a flowerpot. I pray always

I’ll become a flowerpot that sits on your small windowsills

Though I can’t speak or want anything at all

I’ll be able to see you smile and feel your touch once a while

And I’ll be the one gazing at your face as you sleep

You leave me for some place far away

How can I stop my tears from falling?

You had my heart from the start

And made me suffer an incurable sickness

I want to become a flowerpot. I pray always.

I’ll become a flowerpot that sits on your small windowsills

 

She watched him closely as he sang, as he hit perfectly each note. She didn’t catch it, but her chest was feeling warmth she hadn’t felt before. A familiar feeling made its way through her body but she couldn’t tell.

Youngjae had his hand resting on the gear shift, he looked slightly at her. Slowly he moved his hand from the shift down to her hand picking it up carefully as if it was a delicate flower. He placed their hands together in between the car seat. She looked at both their hands together she didn’t pull away; instead she kept paying attention to his soothing voice.

 

Though I can’t speak or want anything at all

I’ll be able to see you smile and feel your touch once a while

And I’ll be the one gazing at your face as you sleep

I’ll become a flowerpot that sits on your small windowsills

Though I can’t speak or want anything at all

I’ll be able to see you smile and feel your touch once a while

And I’ll be the one gazing at your face as you sleep

 

She smiled when the song finished. Youngjae intertwined their fingers and held her hand tightly. That familiar feeling she had felt before gained a name. Intimacy.

That’s the only word that she could think of. This gesture, so simple, and yet it felt so natural for us to do this. This closure doesn’t feel strange at all.

--

 

 

Eventually the ride came to an end. The ride was really comfortable between the two of you. Youngjae pulled over a house somewhere you hadn’t been before.

“Where are we?” –You said as you looked at the big house before you.

“It’s our house.” –He pointed at the house with a smile.

You stared at him in disbelief and back at the house before opening the door and stepping out. You looked at the place analyzing every single detail. It was everything you would’ve want in your dream home. The pastel color, the windows, the door, and the garden were all just surreal for you. You observed the house with a grin plastered in your face. Youngjae got out of the car as well. You bent to touch and look closer to some of your favorite flowers. He put his hands on his pockets and observed you who were immersed in the flowers.

He couldn’t hold in a smile seeing you admiring what was ‘the home’ you both had prepared to share for the rest of your lives.

“I remember when we were looking for a house, you wanted to come here so badly…”

He paused and you stopped for a moment and with the corner of your eye looked back paying attention to his words.

“I didn’t think we’d find anything here, but I still acceded to your desire. Who knew we’d find exactly what we needed.” –He let out a small chuckle.

You bitted your lip and stood straight.

“This house is everything I would’ve wanted in a house. I love it!” –You said smiling.

“And you still haven’t been inside.” –He smirked. –“Want to give it a look?”

You nodded excitedly and he motioned with his head to follow him. Your insides were bursting with the intrigue, today had been a day filled with so many different emotions, and you couldn’t quite put your finger on it. You were feeling happiness despite the events of the past days, and you couldn’t thank the man in front of you enough for everything he’s done.

He opened the door and instantly a citrus scent filled your nostrils. You bitted your lower lip containing the excitement to actually see the inside of ‘your’ house in the future. He let you inside first and turned the lights on. You walked slowly in awe. It was beautifully decorated just like you’d want it to, the walls, the furniture even the small details in the tables. You walked closer to the living room where you saw some pictures and small figures that caught your attention. Your eyes instantly saw some prizes that were in some shelves. You took one of them that said your name and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter