Chapter 23 ( AILEE )

Forbidden Love

And all I can taste is this moment

 

 

 

AILEE POV ( STAR GAZING PHOTOSHOOT )

 

I went out from the lobby of my apartment. And there he is standing oh so tall and charming. I slung my bag the side and smiled. He waited outside and hold the door for me to come out. I walk out slowly and then he slowly let go the door. Without me knowing, a smile already plastered there.

“Look who's here”I stand before him.

“Well, I'm your partner, for tonight and the day after and they day after” he pretend to think for a while “Until this all model things over. Or maybe more?”

I look at him “Trying to flirt? It's still early, don't you think?”

“Well, the moon is the only one peeping. So, I'm just trying” he then take my hand and put it on his arm and then he lead the way to his car “I heard”

“What do you hear?” I walked down the stairs “I guess Yuri has been blabbing like eternity. She is a good source of info, I guess. Good for you”

“Should I answer yes?”

I chuckles “You should”

And then he let me go and open the passenger door for me. I get in and he close it as I could see him running towards the seat next to me, which is the driver seat. He open the door and get it inside and then started the engine.

“Well, are we gonna talk or what?” I ask him as I buckle up my seatbelt.

He started driving the car and then turn on the radio.

“So, what do you want to talk about?”

I shrug my shoulder “I'm not a topic starter”

He nodded his head with his sight still on the road. I thought for a while. Hmm.. A little bit dangerous question won't hurt him right? Well, it will hurt me.. But risk.

“How are you and Minzy?” I shot my question.

He nodded his head “We are fine really” and then he turn to look at me “Why?” and then he quickly turn his sighed to the road again.

“Well, I just wanna know” I answered him. If you have break up with her or not. I know, I'm so so so... Like a right now “You know, she hated the thing about you being my partner and all”

He nodded his head again “Yes, she is. But we are fine really. No need to worry over that”

I nodded my head “O...kay” Then why are you flirting with me? And why my heart have to beat like this?

I slowly creep my hand to my chest and I could hear quiet a beating. I could hear my heart beating madly. I sighed. This is not right, at all. Ailee, stop this madness before you dissapointed.

“Are you okay?”

I snap my thoughts and look at him “I'm okay”

“Anything hurt?”

“No” I shake my head. My heart hurt. I smiled sadly at him, but of course, he couldn't see it.

It was a silent for a while. For this once, I hated silence the most. I don't want him to hear my heart beating crazily right now. I don't want him to think that I'm that easy woman to fall for a taken man. I don't want to.

“So, how's your evening?”

I look outside to the window “It was just so so. My apartment pretty much empty without my sister there”

“So, tell me things about you and Yuri” he said to me interestedly.

“Nothing to tell really” I shrug.

“How did you two meet?”

“Long story short”

“Likeee?”

“We just meet. Like that”

“You just become close to her like that?”

“After 3 days we meet, yes”

“How? It took me like months to do that with the boys”

“We both just meant to be for each other. That's the different”

And then I could see that he nodded his head from the reflection. It's just.. I don't know. I just not in the mood to talk about anything. I don't like this feeling. AT ALL. I fish out my phone and dial a number right away. Distraction time.

“Yeup! Tell me something, how can you actually get my new phone number?” I heard the girl voice from the other line.

“You left a note on the fridge, you freak”  I rolled my eyes “Did I disturb you?”

“Pretty much yes. Spill it”

“The books pretty much complicated” I said to her while trying to think another way to say that the man beside me is complicated.

She didn't answer.

“The author is confused much about it I guess”

She still not answering. Okay, another hint.

“Well the reader is happy as of now”

Not getting my hint still?

“You know, that blue book that you sent me that day, that I accidently poke it” Poke? More like slap it or something else.

 “Fishu, it's all alien to me. Can you please talk it like with clear meaning?”

“I can't. The book is with me”

“Where are you at?”

“Inside a car of course. Can you help me like interpret the book later?”

“I'm all ears”

“Thank you” I muttered “You don't know how much it mean to me”

“Don't try to overthink it”

“I know” I nodded understandingly.

“Just, don't”

“Will do try. But it's just...”

“It's just?”

“It's complicated really” I peek to the man beside me who is currently driving the car.

“It sure is”

“Hmmm”

“Hmmmm?”

“I will bring home many pictures”

I heard her chuckles “Cold milk will be fine with me”

“Got cha!”

“Take care of yourself, it is starting to get cold”

“I'm not that weak” I pouted.

“Believe me, you are”

“Okay, just prepare the vitamin. I didn't bring any” I shrug.

“Did you still have that spike neutralizer pill or something like that?”

“I don't, why?” I furrowed my eyebrow.

“Out of it, I use the last one on my tea today. You told me to always drink that. Vitamin plus plus no spikey thing”

I nodded my head. Well that isn't good. Since she is with me the whole time being “What date is today?” Jay or Tao should have sent it with a package of bracelets that I bought like.. They should be.

“You tell me”

“NO, seriously”

“You didn't drink your pills anymore right?”

I frowned, why would I drink that sour pills again? I'm all fine with my emotion as of now “No, I'm great. I stopped that 2 years ago, you remember that”

“Then why asking about the date?”

“Cause I'm feeling funny” I answered her. Jay should have sent it, unless he forgot about it.

“Ailee seriously? You tell me you are okay but you know feeling funny”

“I will give you the details later. And it's not about that anymore”

“Then why are you telling this, you dumbo freak”

I chuckles.

“You really disturbing my so relax time. You will get it from me later”

“Uhuh~ Call Jay or maybe Tao”

“Do I look like someone that have their number? Or maybe do I look like someone with their sister figure? Tell me which one? Is it somehow ring a bell?”

I nodded my head “Ah... I forgot. That new phone of yours don't have any number except me”

“You godlfish. Take many pictures, please. I'm gonna come over later and we gonna make another board of pictures and sell it on my fancafe”

I scoffed “Did you just hear what you say?”

“I'm telling you to do my dirty job? It's a side job that little sister should do”

“Give me a break” I rolled my eyes again. This little sister and big sister thing should do some reverse.

“Well, how about new Kenzo shirt for you?”

“I know you can sell more than that, lady Kwon Yuri”

“New teddy bear from that teddy museum, a week expenses on me, well that Kenzo shirt, and then what else do you want? It's just for ing pictures!” I heard her complained. Now this is reversing a little bit.

“My pictures are expensive”

“not YOUR pictures”

“Okie dokie! I want the teddy bear and Kenzo things” I laugh.

“Got that, do your work good, okay?”

“My camera is on me, no worries” well, my phone is on me meaning the camera is on me.

“Have a nice day. I will wait at your room, and do some mess. You have to clean up later”

“No no no , you don't” I whine “Don't ruin my night”

“oh no, I will. Have a good night. Talk to that blue book”

“I will try. I love you Lady Kwon” I smiled as I heard her ended the call.

I look back at my phone as I tried to dial another number.

“Are you somehow trying to ignore me or what?”

I look at him “it could be a yes and no”

“Did I do something wrong?”

“You didn't. Believe me, you didn't”

“Well, you better tell me, or else I won't know”

Well I do wish I can. I shrug my shoulder “Just drive carefully”

And then we fell into silent with the music only singing. We past many buildings, that I don't even know about it. I came back here when I was 20. And Yuri came when I was 22 years old. But with the men in black chasing me since a year ago, so I can only count I've been living my life , normal one to be exact, for a year. That is short really. And here I am back with my own nostalgia, but it stopped when I felt the car halt and stopped in front of the building.

“Here we are”

I unbuckle my seatbelt and then slung my back and put my phone back inside. I open the door and stepped out right away and then closing the door back. I look at the building and then look up to the sky.

“We still can see the moon” I heard his baritone voice greeted me.

I turn to him and smiled “I hope so”

He then hold my hand and I just went along with him. When I stepped in the building, I already saw the crew setting up everything. And a rack of clothes caught my attention right away.

“Don't tell me that I'm gonna try all of that” I shake my head.

“You will!” my stylist chimed in and grab me right away and then started with the make up.

 

**

I walk upstair to the telescope after I finished the make up. They didn't change my clothes, they just give me a wool jacket since the wind is rough tonight.

“it's refreshing!” I giggled.

“Don't be too happy about the wind” I turn around and saw TOP walk to me.

I smiled at him and then turn around again. I walk closer to the telescope and just observe it “Do you know how to use it?” I asked him without looking at him. I felt him standing behind me.

“That's why they have someone to guide us”  I heard him answer “The wind is not really good”

I touch the head of the telescope as I felt a warmth cover my body. I title my head and there he is hugging me. His hand bring my hair to the said and then his arms warp around my waist as he put his chin on my shoulder. I turn my head back to the telescope. My heart was beating crazily. I can't do anything but to be froze there.

“It's warm, right?”

I tried to smile beating down my nervous “Yes... It's warm”

“What did you see from that telescope?”

“I don't now how to use it, really”

I felt his breath on my neck as I felt something warm on it.

“You smell good” he commented and then peck my neck slowly.

My breath hitched. Did... Did he just kiss...

“You are beautiful” he tighten his arms around my waist “I haven't said that to you tonight”

“Yea... Thanks. But then again, I am always beautiful”

“You sure not related with Yuri?”

“It's on the genes already, related or not” I chuckle nervously.

I felt his lips landed on my cheek and then he put his chin again on my shoulder “Do you know the first time I saw you at the club, I was asking myself”

My heart beating so crazily by now. I was in wonder.. Should I push him away or.... stay like this “What is it?”

“How can my noona knew someone like you. You are so different from the girls I knew”

“What are the girls look like? I mean the girls you knew”

“Hmmm... They are just.. well.. I don't know what to say really” I heard him chuckles “It's just.. You are not like them. And I am interested in you. I just want you to know that”

My head become blank in an instant.

“I hope you have a bit of interest in me too”

A smile curved on my lips. Just for tonight, I will forget that he already has a girlfriend. For tonight, I will drink this moment, that I know that I will never have again... In the future.

“What do you think?” I chuckled “Interest? Depends on what”

Then I felt his arms left my waist “Let's go peek at what the moon doing”

I nodded my head as he stand next to me and wave his hand to our guide. The guide help us to see what the moon look like. I peek from the telescope as the guide setting it.

“Woah! It's so beautiful!” I smiled as I can see the surface of the moon crystal clear. I turn to him and pull him closer to me  “I never knew the moon look like this. Look at it!” I step aside for a while letting him see it.

He bent his body down and hold the telescope “It is”

“Wait! Let me take a photo of it” I fish out my phone from the bag right away.

TOP step aside and let me stand at his position. I focus the camera to the head of the telescope until it focus to the moon view. I snap it right away and then smiled at the preview of the picture.

“Look at this!” I pull his arm as he stand next to me and bent down his body a little and look at the screen of my phone.

“It came out great! Woah! Let me take a photo of that too!” He said excitedly.

I laugh and then step aside. The night is beautiful really. Not to say the moon too. It was perfect... How is it become perfect just because a person is there? Today, I totally become all giddy. Can't wait at all for this photoshoot. How can a guy just .. make it so hard to breath. I walk a little far and started punching some numbers to my phone and then put my phone close to my ear. I heard someone from the other line picking up. Time to focus.

“You have 5 seconds”

I chuckles “New number again” I said to the other line “Where are my bracelets?”

“What date today?” I heard him asked.

“You tell me”

“My sister is out of it. So please sent that sooner, I don't want her to be anywhere but this world”

“You saying?”

“Not when my father's bodyguard all over me. I just kinda afraid... You know that, Jay”

“Tomorrow I will bring it along with me. Take care, wait.... Are you out of it?”

I peek to my bag and see a crystal bottle still with 5 or maybe 6 pills “I haven't drink it since a month ago. 5 or 6 still on me”

“THE HELL???!!! AILEE I TOLD YOU TO DRINK IT! WHAT IF SOMEONE SPIKE YOUR DRINK???!”

“Ouch... You don't need to shout like that. What's with the worry?”

“Rumour spreading you are good with that green dress or so whatever is that”

I frowned “Yeah that, a guy brought me to … Well I met with Natasha that night. That's how I managed to get away”

“Natasha? Oh yeah her. Who's the guy?”

“He said his name is Jepp Blackman”

“Never heard of that kind of name. Ailee, just starting tomorrow, drink it again”

“I will try if I didn't forget about it”

AMY

I sighed “Okay, I will Jay. See you tomorrow . Don't forget my packet”

“I won't”

And then I ended the call and walk back to where TOP is. He was still busy with taking pictures at the moon through the telescope. He is too busy to notice that I already stand next to him. What do I hope? Him noticing me? Ailee please... You gotta be kidding.

“You wanna see it again?”

I look at him slowly straighten his body and then look at me “Ne.. Neh?” I blink my eyes.

“What are you doing just standing there?” He frowned at me "Who were you calling anyway? you seem a little bit nervous"

“You know I just stand there and call?”

“Yeah, of course”

“I... I thought you were busy with the telescope”

He let out a chuckle and then pull me closer to him “How can I not notice you anyway? Tell me about it”

A smile creep to my lips “I don't know. I just thought, that you didn't see me”

“I see you, no worries”

Please... Look at me only “I am not that small then?”

“Not at all” he smiled at me. The smile that... manage to melt my heart.

I take a step forward hesitantly. My heart is started to beat fast again. I slowly circle my arms around his waist. I step closer and then lean my body on him “It's cold” Let me stay like this....

I felt his hand caress my head “It is pretty cold”

“It is....” I nod my head.

“You seem to be bothered by something”

“Not at all” I quietly gulp. Can I really? I can't. I can't love this guy.

“What's wrong?” he asked me again.

I let him go and then look straight at his eyes “Have you ever been in love?”

He looked at me and stayed silent.

“I felt horrible” I continue my sentences and then smile at him “It makes me so vulnerable”

“Ail-”

“I don't know why”

“Are you okay?”

I shake my head “It opens my chest and it opens up my heart and it means that someone can get inside me and mess me up”

Ssomeone did that to you?”

I stayed silent for a while. I open my mouth but no words came.

“Ailee?”

“There is”

“Who?”

“Someone” It's you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WE'RE DONE!”

both of us snap our head to the photographer and automatically bowed to him. The photographer walk to us and pat our shoulders.

“You both had the chemistry. The script is pretty good. You look like totally in love with each other” he said with smile plastered on his face.

“In love?” I shake my head then chukkle “Sir, you just exagerate things”

“Yeah, sir. I agree with her” I heard him agreed.

“So, you two don't have a thing at each other?”

“We-”

“WE not sir. This is just for job” I smiled at him. It's better like this, no one should know this. No one should know.

TOP look at me and then turn his head to the photographer “Yes sir, it's just for the photobook”

I keep my smile even though inside.. I felt something being ripped apart inside me. I take a deep breath and slowly... I lock my heart again, denying everything that I feel.