:: o8 Shampoo.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

 

:: Narrator

 

" O-omo, Sulli-ah, w-why are you dressed like that?!"

 

Both Sulli and Minho's eyes went wide as they both realised the same thing. They looked like they slept together! Sulli looked at Minho while Minho did the same. What should they say? 

( Sorry! Just had to leave a cliffhanger there. :P)

-- 

 

Krystal kicked a rock and it landed in the fish pond at her 12 o'clock with a small blop. She looked up to see a nice round shaped fish pond in the middle of the intersection of the empty road. It was a sad day for her.  Tears were never ending as she recalls the entire scene again. 

 

[ Just a little music that might flow with the chapter more.]

 

" Taemin-ah!" She called out to Taemin who was packing up and getting ready to leave the class already. Taemin smiled at the sound of her voice, and looked up to find a nervous Krystal. 

" What's the matter?" He asked. Krystal blushed as she sees him flashing his smile at her. The smile that has never failed to make her heart flutter. 

" W-well, I-I just wanted to ask you something." She stuttered, looking down at her feet and kept on shifting her weight from one leg to the other. 

" Go on," He said. " I'm all ears." 

" I'm kind of struggling with my dance moves.. I'm just w-wondering if you might want to help me since I heard your good at dancing." She answered honestly. Taemin looked at her fondly with a small grin on his face then nodded his head. Krystal saw this and widened her eyes. 

" Really? You will?" 

" Why not?" Krystal smiled at his response. 

" I-I thought you would reject me." 

" I decided to help you because you were honest." Krystal raised a brow and looked at him with questionable eyes. Taemin sighed and continued. 

" Because, every girl uses this excuse just so they can spend time with me." Krystal frowned at the thought of girls flocking themselves onto him. 

" But, I've seen you dance, and I saw you struggling with some dance moves, so I'll teach you." Her heart automatically beat faster than it usually does. He was watching her dance. He was watching her. Unknowingly a wide smile crept up her face. 

" Shall we go?" Taemin interrupted her thoughts and she snapped out of her trance. She nodded her head and Taemin grabbed her wrist, pulling her out of the classroom. Krystal gasped at their hands and almost couldn't move. Taemin stopped abruptly and looked back. He looked down and also noticed it. He let go of her hand and blushed a little. 

" U-um, I-I'm sorry. Lets just-" Before he finished his sentence, Krystal smiled and placed his right hand on her wrist again, wrapping his fingers around her wrist. Taemin gaped a little. 

" Let's go." Krystal said, causing Taemin to immediately walk out of the room with his hands tightly around her wrist, guiding her the way. 

 

They arrived at an unknown place in a few minutes. 

" Are we here now?" Krystal asked. Taemin nodded while looking at the small building in front of him that was a few foots away from them. They both walked towards it and enter the bulding. It was abandoned but it was still fairly clean inside. It was a studio. Taemin looked around and saw a few posters that were still sticking onto the soft board to his right. He smiled at them and turned to Krystal.

" This was where I learned dancing for the first time when I was nine." He ran his fingers through the posters as he got a little teary. Krystal neared him and tap him on the shoulder. 

" You must have lots of memories here right?" 

" Yes, many of them." He remembered the times where he also had a crush on a girl who joined dancing. A girl with a cold heart but yet when you get to know her she gives out the best smile. The girl that he only allows to dance with him, no other boys. He still remembers her. - Choi Jinri. 

" Taemin? Are you okay?" Krystal's voice jolted him back to reality and away from the memories. 

" Yeah, of course. Let's go up now, shall we?" Krystal smiled and nodded her head, following Taemin up. He slide the door and it revealed a clean practise room that still has the same blue and white wallpaper at the back of the room. 

" It was called the 'cloud room', the room that we danced in pairs whenever we needed to do a duet." Krystal nodded her head knowingly and stepped in, taking her shoes off. 

" Which dance are you doing?" He asked. 

" Jazz. Is it okay with you?" She said, biting her lip. But to her relief, Taemin nodded his head, happy at her reply. 

" But, there is a mixture of ballet in my dance. The jazz is really light and soft. Not much of the real Jazz." She added. Taemin chuckled and nodded his head in understanding, then moved towards the corner of the room, which had a cupboard. Taemin opened it and took out an extremely old-fashioned stereo. 

He placed it on the floor and He randomly took one of the audio CD's in. 

" Your ready?" He asked, to which Krystal nodded to. She had already wore her Jazz shoes and is ready. Taemin nodded and got himself a pair of Jazz shoe as well. He slipped it on and pressed the start button. They both got in place. Krystal immediately regconised the song. It was 'Shampoo', a famous song back in 2009. ( The 2009 part is not true, I just wanted to make it sound old. Just keep reading, haha.) 

The song flowed through every corner of the room and Krystal could feel it. It was much more powerful now. But it was because Taemin was dancing along with her. She never knew he could dance Jazz with a mixture of ballet. And because Krystal was too engrossed in the music, she forgot to watch her step. She tripped over Taemin's foot who was crossing in front of her and fell down. 

Taemin got down quickly to help her get up. She blushed so hard and tried her best to hide her cheeks. 

" You okay?" 

" Yeah, I guess." 

" Do you want to continue?" 

" Yeah! Of course.. If your okay with it." 

" Sure." He said, playing back the music again and getting into place. They started dancing together again, and this time they made much eye contact. For the first time, Krystal was able to really forgot what was around her and just focus on dancing with.. Her crush. But she had to stop abruptly when she couldn't continue. 

" What's wrong?" 

" I don't know how to do this move.." 

" Show me." He said, patiently. Hesitantly, Krystal did as told and showed him roughly how the move should be done. Taemin nodded his head in approval in the end and show her his version of that particular part. 

" Yes! Just like that." She exclaimed, jumping up and down excitedly. Taemin chuckled and took hold of her wrist. He showed her the steps carefully and made sure she got her coordination right as well. All the while, he held her close to him, he held her hand when she fell, and he smiled when she danced uncoordinately with the music. 

 

It was a precious two hours for her to spent with someone she might not end up with at the end of the day, but as stubborn as she could ever be, she still had a tiny bit of hope. So she decided to tell him. Confess to him. 

They were sitting down at the corner of the room, drinking water. Krystal took a deep breath and turned to Taemin. 

" Taemin-ah.." She murmured softly. 

" Hmm?" He hummed as he stared out at a particular spot on the wall. 

" I-I.." Krystal bit her lower lip and turned completely to face Taemin. 

" I like you, Lee Taemin." Taemin's eyes displayed shock, and just plain shock. 

" I like you ever since I've first met you back in highschool when you got close to us.. When you got close to, Sulli." She whispered the last part, which fortunately for her, wasnt heard by Taemin. He was still in a state of shock. 

" I never knew I'd come to fall for you deeper.. But I did. I never knew we would still meet each other after highschool.. But we did. I knew what I was getting into.. But I like you, too much." She finished, slightly gasping for breath since she needed to get them out of her chest quickly.  When she focused back on Taemin, he held apologetic eyes. 

Krystal was confused at his emotions, but there was simply no turning back now. 

" W-would you like to go out with me?" She asked, crossing her fingers behind her back secretly. Taemin pressed his lips together and looked down for a second. Then looked back up. 

" K-krystal-ah.. I'm sorry." Krystal's fingers loosen their grip as she processes the reply he gave her. 

" But, why?" 

" Because, I like someone else." 

" Is it S-sulli?" 

" Y-yes." Krystal felt like she could breakdown any moment. For once, she wanted her own happiness, but it seems like nothing wanted to go her way. 

" S-she likes someone else, Taemin!" Krystal raised her voice a little, tears trickling down her cheeks as the words slipped out of . Now it was Taemin's turn to look like he could breakdown any moment. 

" T-that's.. Is that true?" He asked, trembling now. 

" Y-yes. It is true." Taemin looked away. He couldn't tell if she was lying or not, but he didn't want to know the truth either. He wasnt prepared for the truth just yet. 

Krystal herself couldn't bear the look he had in his eyes. She stood up slowly, and grabbed her things then in a fast pace, walked out of the studio. But before she did, she saw something Taemin has been staring at since they took a break. It was an old photo that was forgotten. 

And it was none other than.. Sulli. Sulli and him smiling up at the camera with their best outfits. Krystal closed her eyes immediately and walked out of the building. She stuffed her earphones in her ears and listened to the song that they had just danced to, - shampoo. 

The last few seconds of the piano chords got to her. It made her want to cry even more,  the song describes what she's feeling right now. 

 

Because just like how shampoo stings your eyes, her heart hurts like hell.

 

Krystal clenched her fists as everything replayed in her mind. The dance, the eye-contact they made and the skinship.. For a moment she even thought that Taemin might possibly like her back. But no. No, he didn't. Isn't it hard to give up your own happiness and let the other person, have it all?

'' Sulli is such a lucky person, she gets to choose betweeen two guys while me?'' She scoffed before continuing. '' I can only be a bystander.''

'' Pretending to be happy when I'm not.'' Krystal choked back her tears and slowly walked towards the pond that she thinks is a fish pond. Turns out it was something else. The water was crystal clear and was rather shallow. There was a small fountain with small splashes of water rushing down. Following the rush of the water, she sees lots of gold and silver coins beneath the water.

 

A wishing fountain.

 

Krystal pressed her lips together and unknowingly her hands dugged into her pockets to see if there's any coins left in her pocket. She smiled a little when she felt a round and solid shaped coin in her pocket and took it out. Taking in a shaky breath, she wrap her hands around the coin and held it close to her chest. She shut her eyes and wished for something. Then she turned around so her back is facing the fountain.

 

At the same time, someone was doing the same. But Krystal hadn't realised the person's exixtence there. She threw it up and it landed with a small splash, but the weird thing for her is that, there were two splashes.

 

Realising this fact, she turned around quickly to see who it was. She looked away almost immediately as soon as she layed eyes on the person. - Taemin.

'' W-what are you doing here?'' She asked, trying hard not to recall the scene again.

'' I-I just happen to be here.. Why are you alone here?''

'' Why do you care?''

'' Because..Your still my friend.'' Krystal's shoulders slumped at his response. I don't want to be just your friend, Taemin-ah..

 

Taemin neared her slowly and gestured her to come closer. He reached out for her hand but she refused.

'' W-would you mind telling me what you wished for?'' He asked. Krystal bit her lip and thought it won't hurt to tell him.

'' I wished, for you, to be happy.'' Taemin's eyes widened at this and his mouth was gaped open a little. Krystal backed away. Out of all things, she still wished for the happiness of someone else's instead of herself.

'' I know it's stupid, you-''

'' No! No. It's just that, I wished for the same thing. I wished for you to be happy.'' Krystal looked up with shock. But Taemin wasn't finished yet. He took a deep breath before continuing. 

 

" Please, give me a chance," He said, which made Krystal even more confused. She frowned.  What do you mean give you a chance?

" What are you trying to say, Taemin?" 

 

" Please, give me a chance to try and give you the happiness you deserve."