:: o13 Beautiful stranger.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

 

:: Narrator

 

As if still unable to process what has been said to her, Sulli stood in the middle of the classroom, with eyes that stared out of nowhere. Our friendship is broken because of you.  Words that still rang in her ears no matter how hard she tries to wipe them off, words that had awaken her, bringing her into the realisation that,  there is no more hope for her in becoming his friend anymore.

 

'' I-I'm sorry, Taemin-ah. I'm sorry.''

'' Sorry for what?'' She knew right away whose voice it belonged to, but she really didn't want to see him now. She felt him nearing her and stood beside her quietly. There was silence. Where both of them were deep in their own thoughts. 

 

 There has always been a difference between Minho and Taemin's personality. Minho is fragile, therefore he doesn't trust a person too quickly, while Taemin on the other hand trusts one too quickly, which results him getting hurt many times. And even so, he still put his trust on Sulli too soon. 

 

It started to rain outside, making the scenery outside seemed more fresh and nice. Minho decided to break the ice first. 

" I like rainy days, that way when I cry, I can't differentiate my tears and the rain." He said. Sulli pressed her lips together and looked away. 

" I'm always a listener, though." He continued. 

" Just go away," She stated tiredly. She was in no mood to talk about what had happened earlier. First, because she didn't want Minho to know that she was someone who is untrustable. Second, she doesn't want the scene to replay again in her head, the more she recalls, the more angry she gets. 

" I'm not going away unless you tell me what happened," Said Minho, stubbornly. Sulli clenched her fists and closed her eyes. 

" Don't be a busybody, besides, why do you want to know?" They were now sitting down on the cold tiled floor, leaning on each other's back. 

" Because.. Because I'm good at giving advice." Truthfully, he thinks that he is able to understand how she feels since he himself have gone through a lot with his life anyway. Minho turned his head a little to see the side profile of Sulli. He lightly smiled at the sight of her for no good reason. 

" I trust you, so you can trust me." Sulli was shocked by his answer. In her opinion, he shouldn't trust her just yet, there is so many things she has not told him and yet, he has already trust her. 

 

Even Minho was surprised that he said that, but if you ask him how many persons here that earned his trust, it'll be none other than Sulli. Sulli finally gave in and told him what happened, exactly everything. And Minho had been listening all the time, supporting Sulli's back as she is leaning onto him heavily. 

" And in the end.. He lost his trust in me. Poof. Everything is gone, meaningless." She finished, looking down at the floor, waiting for Minho to laugh at her or humiliate her. But to her surprise, Minho stayed silent for a moment before he spoke up. 

" He doesn't trust you anymore, but, I still do.

 

Sulli turned around and looked at Minho weirdly. What is with him nowadays? She had thought that a Bully like him has always been heartless, as all they do is bully people.

 

But in this case, it makes her more and more confused about Minho. Just when she thought that she knows Minho more than himself, it turned out there was so much more that she doesn't know about him either. 

" You trust me, huh?" She said, " Maybe one day you'll realise that I'm not worth your trust." She whispered quietly as a tear trickled down her cheek. Minho stayed silent at her response. But he didn't doubt himself, he was so sure that Sulli was different from all the other girls. 

" You know what? Lets go to my house." Minho said while standing up, causing Sulli to fall back a bit before glaring at him. 

" You go ahead, I don't go to a stranger's house." Minho laughed upon hearing her reply. He pulled her up by her arm. 

" Who said we're strangers? Your my bodyguard, remember?" But Sulli still shook her head, grabbing her bag beside her. 

" I remember, and speaking of which, I have lots of your home work to do, so bye." Sulli made her way out of the class room and down the hallway. She even turned around to check if Minho was following, but to her relief, he wasnt. 

 

She reached her house soon, but found Kwon Yuri at her doorstep. Since when did she know my address? She made her way up the small steps untill she reached face to face with her. Yuri looked at Sulli with a menacing look. It didn't look like she wanted to look at her that way though. 

" What do you want?" She asked, her right hand behind her back, slightly touching the door knob in case she needed to get in her house quickly. Yuri's right brow arched as she gave her a skeptical look. 

" I need to warn you about something," She said as she leaned in closer. 

" W-what?"

" Stay away from Minho." Sulli looked at her with a questioning look but Yuri has already took off and all she could hear was the fading footsteps. Sulli called after her but there was no response. 

 

Knowing that she is already long gone, Sulli went in her house quickly and locked the door. Somehow, it felt like someone was watching from afar, and she had a feeling she knew who it was. 

 

She greeted her mom and went up to her room. When she reached the top of the stairs, the first room to her right caught her eye. She sighed as her finger ran through the door made up of solid wood. Her father was never really home, eversince he became much busier with his new job. And when he is, he eats a lot and talks a little with them, then it's back to the same routine again. 

 

Sulli looked away then went to her room in a fast pace, shutting the door behind her. They were considered rich, since her father has a big job, her mother doesn't need to work either, and money was sent to them through one of her dad's trusted driver. 

 

She dropped her bag at the side of her bed and she lied down on her bed, thinking over and over again about what has happened when suddenly she heard the rustling of leaves outside her room, where there is a verandah. Sulli stood up and slowly walked towards the glass door and slid it open. 

 

Then a pair of hands appeared on the railings, and Sulli jumped. Those hands were rather familiar though. A grunt could be heard and the person lifted it's body before stumbling over the railings. 

 

Go figure. It was none other than Choi Minho. 

" How did you get up here?!" Sulli whispered aloud, in case her mom heard anything. Minho smirked while straightening up then pointed towards the big tree quite near to the verandah. 

" Thanks to your tree." He grinned. Sulli mentally cursed the tree while Minho has went in her room. 

" Your room is pretty small," He stated, but if average people were to visit her room, they'd gawk at the size of her room, her bed and her toilet. It only means one thing, - Minho was richer than her. Sulli raised a brow at his statement. 

" I told you, you should come to my house." Minho turned around and grinned, his eyes were curved into a crescent moon shape and his set of teeth gleamed under the sun that shone in through the glass door. Sulli stared at his features for a moment before Minho pulled her wrist along with him out to the verandah again. 

" Get on my back," He said as he knelt down. 

" N-no way," Minho turned and smirked at her. 

" Fine, you can either climb down yourself, go down the stairs and meet me at the front or get on my back now." Sulli bit her lip as she knew that her mom would ask her where she's heading, and if she knew she was meeting up with some guy, she would definitely say no. 

" I'll climb down on my own," She said indignantly. Minho looked impressed for a second then climbed down the tree in a flash. Sulli gulped before reaching out for the tree in front of her. 

 

She was halfway down when the tree branch she was holding on broke, and she fell down and right into Minho's arms. They both grunt at the same time as they rolled away from each other. 

" Your a misfortune, Choi Sulli." Minho muttered as he got up. Sulli huffed before standing up as well. 

" So-rry," She said. Minho chuckled at her before gesturing her to follow him. They walked towards the direction of his home, but on the way there, they needed to take another road since there was construction going on. 

 

Minho glanced towards the grave yard, but immediately stopped in his tracks when he saw a familiar head stone. Without words, he walked towards the entrance and then to the familiar head stone. 

 

Kim Soo Min 

1999 February 20th

 

Minho knelt down weakly as he clutched onto the headstone with his head bowed. Sulli blinked before kneeling beside him. She had a feeling that she knows who it is. Her heart felt sick at the sight of Minho, so she pulled him into her embrace. 

" If you need to cry, just cry. There's only us here.. There's only us here." With that said, Minho started crying out loud uncontrollably. He gripped onto Sulli's sleeve as if his life depended on it.

 

He cried his heart out as the terrible memory replayed again and again in his mind. He blamed himself so much because it was his fault. 

 

Sulli, on the other hand has never seen Minho like this before. He has never cried in front if her and she knew that he didn't want anyone to see his weak side, so seeing him cry was new to her. Tears also welled up in her eyes as she continued patting Minho's back. 

 

Sulli shook her head a little, thinking she was wrong. She thought she knew him all too well, but in this unexpected encounter, they were back to phase 1. Back to being strangers. There was still so much to learn about him. So much that she doesn't know about him.

 

" Your still a stranger to me, Minho.." Sulli said quietly, as a tear fell from her eye. She moves a little so she could be comfortable and then looked down at Minho's head that was buried in her chest.

 

" But a beautiful stranger." 

 



------ A/N ------ 

Hope you all enjoyed that! :) I think you already know who is the girl right? 

Well, if you still don't know then I'll leave you to guess. It'll still be revealed in the next chapter. ;) 

And if you had noticed, 'Beautiful stranger' is also one of f(x)'s song! I was inspired by this song to write this chapter and maybe, the hidden secret of Minho's will be revealed soon. ;) 

Thank you for reading and don't forget to comment! 

See you soon! ^^