:: o6 A different side.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

:: Narrator

 

Truth to be said, Sulli was angry.

" How could you?" Sulli asked, trembling.  But Taemin hadn't said anything to defend himself either. He only stared at her blankly, before standing up and walking away.  He, of course, already knew she had lost her trust in him. But yet, the look of his eyes made Sulli doubt. 

 

Things didn't turn out like Sulli expected it to be. The crowd had not dispersed and everyone started teasing Sulli. Some were even shocked that she would kiss someone like Minho. A Bully, one unpopular girl. Don't you find it just a bit strange? 

 

Sulli clenched her fist, trying hard to block out the noise by if ignoring them. She couldn't. She turned around, wanting to walk out of the crowd but once the people around saw her actions, they immediately blocked her way. It wasn't enough for them, they wanted to humiliate her more. 

 

" Why are you running away? What about Prince Charming?" It rang through her ears as she struggles to squeeze out of the crowd. In the middle of all the noise, suddenly everyone stopped once they heard someone spoke with much authority. 

" What is going on here?" The voice boomed. Sulli found the voice unfamiliar, so she turns around, only to find a stern-looking man standing not far away from them with his hands crossed over his chest. Minho was leaning against the wall just beside the man with a crumpled piece of paper still in his hands. 

" Stay out of this," Minho growled. 

" Oh my son, you-" 

" I'm not, your son."

 

Son? His Minho's father?

 

Sulli had a tingling feeling inside of her.  How can he treat his father like that? He doesn't know how lucky he is. 

" Uh, anyways, what happened here?" He asked again, nobody dared to answer him, it was all silence. Minho's father sighed then dismissed the students carelessly. If they were not going to answer him, why should he waste his time? The students walked away in a fast pace then disappeared down the hall. 

 

Minho turned and walked away, his eyes were distance and you could see he was thinking about something else, completely ignoring his father's existence. His father looked at him with apologetic eyes before noticing Sulli. He brighten up just then, you won't have believed he was the stern looking man from before if you look at him now. 

 

He was like an ordinary man, goofy and young. He had a smile on his face that warms Sulli. 

" Would you tell me what happened?" 

Sulli looked at him for a while, then slowly nodded her head. 

" Okay, But what should I call you?" 

" Just Jae Wan," He said, to which she nodded her head to. 

 

Right there and then, she told him everything, even about the accidental kiss. After her finishing her story, Minho's father chuckled. A chuckle that turned into small laughs. Sulli stared at him as if he offended her. When he noticed, he immediately stopped then cleared his throat. 

" I'm sorry, it's just that, Minho has never kissed any girl before." 

" Really? It doesn't look like-" 

" Oh, I know he looks like he has, but truthfully, he hasn't. And that's something." She looks at him with a weird look now, confused.

" What do you mean?" 

" It only means one thing. He definitely is starting to like you." It had never occurred to her that this might be a possibility, she thought it was just.. Accidental. She didn't know how to react even, as she stared at him in disbelief. 

" It's true though. I'm his father." He convinced her. His response strucked her, why was Minho so hostile towards his father? And she looked at him with questioning eyes, only to find him sighing. 

" Maybe I wasn't good enough to be one," he muttered, his voice was full of sadness and fatigue, he's almost depressed. Looking at him like that, he looked like he was about to collapse. And as much as she wanted to ask him what happened, she thinks it's not a good time to ask, yet. 

" Anyways! You should find him, he could be anywhere now. And your probably the only one that he allows to talk to him," He smiled widely at her.  She was surprised at his sudden change of mood, but shrugged it off when he walked away. 

 

Sulli looked around and it was a mess. Some lockers were opened and papers were everywhere, which obviously is about the latest scandal. She picked every paper and discarded it quickly before it would fly anywhere else and closed all of the lockers. When it was finally clean enough, Sulli sets off to find Minho outside the building. 

 

In mid winter, the wind is especially strong and a fog has already formed in the air when it started raining. Covering her head, Sulli squinted her eyes as she tries to see through the pile of fog. She didn't care if she had to go through the rain just to find him, God she didn't even know why she cares, she just want to be there for him. 

 

Thinking there were no incoming cars, she bagan walking across the street. Halfway through, she suddenly saw light flashing through out of the corner of her eyes. She turned her head to see an incoming car. Startled and rooted to her spot, she could only stare at it wide eyed. 

 

* Honk honk!* 

 

Maybe she was lucky, because the moment the sound of the car honking was heard, she was pushed away harshly, causing her to get thrown and land at the pedestrian walking path on the left.  She was on top of someone, in fact. That's why the ground wasn't as hard as it seemed. 

" Get off, I swear your suffocating me," Minho yelled. Surprisingly, the rain has stopped and the fog is starting to clear up just a little. Sulli pouted and stood up, brushing away the dust from her pants. 

" Mianhae," She said, while Minho only scoffed before standing up. 

" You almost got yourself killed, you know that?" Sulli nodded her head in shame. 

" What would I do without my personal bodyguard huh?" He joked, slinging an arm over Sulli's shoulder. 

" Well.. I just wanted to find you." She answered. Minho's arm slipped off her shoulder when he heard her answer. He kneeled down a little so he would be able to look at Sulli at eye level. 

" I.. I-I, you shouldn't have came to find me." He stuttered, trying to find the right words to say. Sulli softened at when she looked into his guilty eyes, and hugged him. 

 

Minho, blinked his eyes before realising that she was hugging him. He almost forgot that he was supposed to be the tough guy, the guy that had a mask on, and one that can never be tore off. Before he could hug her back, he pulled away quickly instead. He cleared his throat and straighten himself up. 

" Umm.. Do you need me to go home with you or anything?" Sulli asked awkwardly, blushing slightly. Minho stared at her for a while before smirking. Sulli noticed and gulped. 

 

I think I'd like the caring Minho instead of this.. Mischievous one. 

 

" Well, you have some chores to do in my house," Says Minho who carefully watched Sulli's reaction, trying hard not to laugh. As if in slow motion, Sulli's eyes were from a normal size then slowly to big, shocked eyes. 

" N-no, not chores. No wa-" 

 

Before she could even finish her sentence, Minho had grabbed her wrist, running down the path while yelling, 

" Your still my personal bodyguard, you know! You have to listen to everything I say." 

 

Minho laughed after he said that. It was so unusual to him to be so happy. Well, that is, after things happened. Sulli laughed along with him, her heartbeat unknowingly increasing its speed. Sulli could see the different side to Minho now. It was nice to see him happy. Although she knows that at the days to come, she will still have to work through and help him before he can really trust her, She's willing. 

 

Their laughter rang through the empty streets now as they ran by. Though she still couldn't say whether she likes him or not, she knew her feelings were developing. 

-- 

 

The next morning came quickly, but Sulli was too tired to wake up. Her alarm went off, and for the fifth time, she snoozed it. Leaving her arms still on top of her bedside table, she drift back into deep slumber again untill her mom's yelling woke her up. 

 

She groaned and sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes. She looked at her clock and suddenly jumped out of her bed. But not because she was late or anything, she just happens to glance at her clock when her mom calls out saying, 

" A guy is waiting for you outside, he says his name is Minho!" 

 

Sulli got ready immediately and brushed her hair a little before rushing downstairs with her bag, grabbing an apple on the way. Sulli's mom came out from the kitchen with a usual small smile. 

" Have a great day, Sulli-ah." 

" Mhhm. You too, Umma." She hugs her tightly before letting go. 

Sulli walked out of the door to find Minho standing there. He had been watching the scene where Sulli and her mom Hugs each other. Minho frowned upon her actions, a frown that turned into a painful expression. Sulli sees this and was worried. 

" Yah, are you okay?" Minho didn't asnwer, and when Sulli touched his arm he pushed it away, stalking off immediately. 

 

Sulli was even more worried at his actions. He was cheerful yesterday, and now he decides to turn up in front of her house and then abandone her? Sulli pouted before walking to school by herself. 

 

 

She reached her Uni in no time. People around whispered when they noticed her, Sulli knew it must have been the rumours spreading. As quickly as possible, she whizzed past many people and found herself in the garden, at the back of the school. Sulli looked around and breathed in the fresh air. 

 

Before she took another step, she hears people talking. And they were oddly familiar. Leaning out a bit, she sees who the two person was, - Krystal and Taemin. 

 

Taemin's shoulders were slumped and you can clearly see he was upset, while Krystal was patting him on the back. Somehow, even after what had happened, Sulli still like him, very much, seeing him like that was sad to her. She didn't plan on eaves dropping though, since the bell has also gone off. 

 

:: Sulli

 

Krystal, who stood up first, spotted me. She walked to me in a fast pace untill she was exactly in front of her. She glared at me, like her eyes could actually burn a hole through my sockets. Then she spoke up, in a rather accusing tone. 

 

" He didn't do it, Sulli. You accused the wrong person." 

 


------ A/N ------ 

Back with an early update. I'm glad that you guys are still commenting. 

Do keep commenting! It's nice to know what you think, especially on the last update, some thought he's a wolf amongst the sheep, while some doubted it. I love your opinions. <3 

If you'd like to, you can always upvote my story. It's up to you. That's all, Hope you enjoyed the chapter. :)