:: o2 Personal bodyguard.

Between a Devil and an Angel

------- A/N ------

Thank you subbies.. :) the comments has really boosted me up.but these few days, I've not been really well as i have a sore throat and blocked nose.But! seeing your warm comments and the 'update soon' at the end, i decided to give my all in this chapter before i hit the bed again. haha. :)

Do enjoy and comment what you think afterwards, i'll be online again in a few days i guess. ^^


:: Narrator

 

'' Hmm.. What's this?'' Minho muttered as he watched Sulli walking out of the door. He flipped the hard covered book to see the back of it then the front.

 

After examining it, a smirk slowly formed on his lips. Evil ideas made it's way to Minho's mind.

--

 

The Sun shone through the blinds and blinded Sulli's eyes for a moment. Reluctantly, she sat up in her bed and stretched her arms and legs.

 

She jumped off her bed and washed up. A few moments later, she came out of her bathroom with a fresh pair of eyes as she walks to her bedside table and looked for her diary. But shock took over her calm eyes when she couldn't find it anywhere.

 

'' Where's my diary?'' she mumbled to herself while fumbling around. After minutes and minutes of looking over her room, she finally stood up, her face wearing a horror-stricken expression. 

 

'' I left it in detention.''

--

 

Sulli ran down the hallway, passing the lockers, the cafeteria and straight to the detention classes. Soon enough, she was already there. She pushed the door rather harshly and went in. She searched through the whole room but was in no luck. she slumped down on the nearest chair and sighed.

 

'' What if he took it? What if he read all of it? What if-'' She was cut off as someone from behind spoke.

'' Looking for this huh?'' the deep, mysterious voice said, making Sulli shiver in fear as she turns around. Her eyes widened as she sees Minho sitting on a chair with his legs up on a table, his hands holding a book that is opened. Not just any book, it's her book.

 

Even though she was afraid of what he might do, she wore her best eye smile as she walks towards Minho, while he was rather amused that she still smiles when she knew herself that she was afraid. When she stood in front of him, she said,

 

'' Thank you for bringing my book back. It was nice of you.'' She casually said, still sticking with the eye smile. Sulli reached out to get her book back but unfortunately, he raised his long hands, not letting her do as she wished. Sulli, with a pure mind didn't know it won't be this easy to get something back, especially when your dealing with a Bully.

'' Who says I was bringing your diary back for you?'' His smirk got wider. He was enjoying it.

'' B-but, It's mine.'' She said, trying to reach for her book but failed once again. Just then, he leaned forward, causing Sulli to back away a few steps in fear. Minho stood up and walked slowly towards her while she backs away untill she reaches the corner of the room, leaving her no more room to back away from the devil she is facing.

 

Minho placed his right hand on her left side, cornering her against the wall. He leaned forward as Sulli closed her eyes.

'' Well, if you want it back, a deal has to be made.'' He whispered, just loud enough for her to hear. Sulli opened her eyes and for the first time, really looked into his dark brown eyes.

 

She was sure that she saw a hint of happiness and a mixture of sadness. She was sure that behind the exterior of his hard and tough mask, there layed a guy who is just that close to breaking down at any moment.

'' S-so, what's the deal?'' In her heart, she chooses to follow his instructions because she wants to help him, she wants to know what has really happened in the past, so cruel that he had to built a mask just so he can escape from the reality.

 

But before he could answer, the bell rang, signalling there's five more minutes untill class starts. Minho turned around and grabbed Sulli's soft small hands and made a run for it. Sulli was rather shocked but smiled afterwards as the warmth of his hands transferred to her hands. It felt like it wasn't that cold anymore, especially in the middle of winter like this.

 

Despite being pure minded, Sulli is able to interpret people's emotion, what is behind all the exterior. She can be stubborn and oblivious at times, but she knows her way round.

 

Now as they ran back to the front of the building, Sulli was more than determined to uncover his past and if possible, she wants to really help him through.

--

 

'' Sulli-ah! You have to tell us what the note said.'' Krystal yelled at the top of her lungs, earning stares from people around them.

'' Shh! okay, okay. I'll tell you. Promise me you won't scream when you know who wrote it okay?'' Sulli said, staring hard at Krystal and the others. She made an 'Okay' sign with her fingers and signalled her to go on.

 

'' Well, it was from.. it was from,'' she began,

'' Hurry up Sulli! We're honestly bursting with curiosity.'' Luna nudged me.

'' Okay. It was from, my crush.'' she whispered the last part. There was a moment of silence before Victoria and Amber started jumping up and down, squeling like anything. 

" Oh my gosh! You serious?" Luna slapped her arm gently as she smiled to her. Krystal stayed quiet but she was also smiling, hiding her true feelings. 

" Now tell us what he wrote." Sulli started flipping through the pages of her book untill she finally found the crumpled piece of paper. She took a breath and started to read. 

 

" I'm sorry I wrote this in a paper, but I hope you'd still continue on reading. My feelings for you are true and sincere, I know it's weird that this comes out from a supposedly popular person, but I don't want to hide my feelings anymore. I like you, Choi Sulli. I hope you accept me even though It might seem like I'm not interested in you before.       Taemin." 

 

Then again, there was silence. 

" D-do you think it's a prank?" Sulli asked. The others looked at each other than back to Sulli. 

" The only way to verify is to ask him yourself." Victoria said. 

" But won't it be embarrassing if it turns out to be a prank?" She asked again. 

" Well,it's the only way if you wanna find out. Unless you disregard this note." Sulli thought for a while then nodded her head thoughtfully. 

" Maybe I should ask him." 

 

On the other hand, someone was listening to their conversation. His head was low but his eyes was looking up in a menacing glare. 

" Who is this Taemin guy?" Minho muttered. 

-- 

 

When Luna, Victoria, Amber and Krystal went on their own way, Minho made his way towards Sulli. Her back was facing him so he decided to scare her. Just as he was near enough, 

" Boo." He said. Sulli jumped and almost fell when Minho had his arms around her waist to prevent her from falling. They looked at each other before Minho let her go. Sulli stumbled back then glared at Minho. 

" Yah. You should have at least let me stand properly first." She crossed her arms across her chest while pouting. Minho only smirked. 

" You were so heavy that my arms are about to fall off, so I had to let you go." His response made Sulli stomp her foot on the hard ground. 

" Your so mean!" She yelled. She was about to hit Minho with her fist when Minho caught it. Sulli's eyes widened when she suddenly remembered that she was dealing with a Bully. Before she could even react, Minho pulled her in closer as he hugged her waist with one hand. They were both inches away from kissing each other. 

 

" I didn't come for a childish fight, I came to make a deal." He whispered into her ear as he looked down at her with a brow raised. Sulli gulped then nodded. Then, Minho pushed himself off of her as Sulli gasped for breath. She haven't realised that she held her breath all along. 

 

" Here's the deal. If you don't want me to print the pages of your diary, you have to be my personal bodyguard.

" Yah! Are you serious?! Bodyguard?" Sulli yelled. She flunged her hands into the air then looked back at Minho only to find him leaning closer. He looked at her straight in the eyes and said, 

" Do I look like I'm joking?" Sulli gulped. 

" I'll take that as a yes." Minho smiled. For the first time, he actually replaced the smirk with a smile. It dazzled Sulli because he had a nice smile. It's only his personality that she doesn't like, or in other words, his personality that she fears. 

-- 

 

" Get me two cokes, three burgers and fries," He demanded. Sulli was about to protest when he added, 

" Oh yeah, get me one chicken, two beefs with extra onion and sauce." Sulli stared at Minho with gaped opened while Minho only glance at her, waved, and continued staring at his laptop screen with headphones on. 

 

Sulli got her bag then dragged her foot out of the abandoned place which according to Minho, is like a home to him.

 

 " I think I'm starting to hate you, Choi Minho."  She muttered.