:: o20 Price.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

:: Jinri

 

This isn't right. I don't deserve this. 

 

We were met with a cool rush of the wind as soon as Minho opened the door to the rooftop. His hands were tightly clasped together with mine, but the usual warmth that would radiate from it was the best part of his hands. What was he thinking, bringing us both up here? I guess I'm about to find out. 

 

"Don't you just love, escaping reality just for a little while?" He spoke. I hummed in response, but my mind was somewhere else. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Somehow my heart doesn't feel right, although I am standing right beside the man I love. I couldn't explain it, but I could feel it very well. The images of Sulli's corpse lying on the road flashed through my mind once again, and I let guilt wash over me and eat me alive. It was a painful feeling, for it was my fault. 

 

Her face etched with hatred towards me would always be imprinted in my mind. It would be permanent. How could I have lived with myself all these years; with this guilt in me? I don't even know. All I know is that, I don't deserve Minho now, I don't deserve my forgiving friends, I don't deserve anything. 

"Jinri? Jinri-yah, what's the matter?" I could not bring myself to tell him anything at all. My mind was whirling in circles but I didn't stop thinking. I knew what I had to do. 

 

I had to pay the price. No, I need to. 

 

I didn't spare Minho an explanation. I knew I should have told him, but I knew for sure he would object, I knew he would tell me that it wasn't my fault. But we wouldn't have been able to hide the fact that I was wrong. I, have attempted murder on my sister, and she is now truly dead. I was in the wrong, because I failed my role as a sister. I let her die knowing that she is alone and no one was on her side. I let her die with hatred. 

 

I feel like if I don't do this, I would not survive. 

 

I will surrender. 

 

 

It was night when I climbed out of my bed. A storm was brewing out there but I did not care. I was merely wearing my night gown with some sneakers as I head out right into the rain. If I confess everything to the police, everything will then make sense to them. The truth, will be the proof. 

 

I arrived at a familiar looking building in front of me. Finally, I have reached my destination. Slowly as I limped my way through the transparent doors, I find everyone looking at me with shock and fear. 

"Isn't that the girl that appeared in the news? Isn't she supposed to be dead?" One whispered, but only too loudly. 

My hair must have been dripping wet and my gown would have made me look like a haunted ghost. I sank on my knees and held my hands up as a police officer rushed to the scene. 

"I killed her," I whispered, barely audible. "I killed my sister." 

 

:: Minho 

I threw my phone to the side of my bed and slumped down on it. Jinri wouldn't pick up my calls and I'm starting to feel really worried for her. I took her to the rooftop today because I wanted to console her, I wanted to tell her that the past, is the past and what everything has happened is not her fault. I wanted to tell her I love her and embrace her because that's the only way she would be able to feel my sincererity. 

 

The storm was getting louder and louder at the moment and I feel restless. Finally, I stood up. I picked up my jacket and threw it on before walking out of my door. And into the rain. 

 

The scarf that Jinri gave and wrapped on my hands was now wrapped on my hand once again. She might have forgotten that she'd gave me this, but I never did. My foot took me to her house and I was soon in front of her door step, knocking on the door as loudly as I can so it doesn't get drowned in the noise of the storm. A minute later the door opened. 

"Oh, Minho-ssi? It is late, what are you doing here?" Jinri's mother was in her night gown and looking most surprised. 

"Is Jinri in? She is, isn't she?" I asked hastily. I wanted to just push past and head straight to Jinri's room, but that would have been most disrespectful. 

"Of course she is. Come on in, your drenched." She gestured for me to quickly go in and I did. She went to grab some towels and came back in a moment. I took off my jacket and she took it. The house was warm, but I wasn't. I would not be until I see her. That was how much I needed to see her. I need an explanation. I needed to know why she ran out on me to day at the rooftop, was it something I said? But then again, I didn't say much. It was all confusing. 

 

After I though I was dry enough, I asked for permission to check on Jinri. Jinri's mom was apprehensive at first, but she let me go after a few moments of silence anyway. I made my way up the stairs quickly. 

I knocked on her door and gently turned the door knob once I got no response. She could be sleeping. 

 

Her window was opened and the rain was dripping on the edge of the window sills. But that was not the reason why my heart seemed to have stopped beating. It was because at that very same moment I saw, her bed was empty. 

 

 

Like lightning has just strucked me, I froze. It took me time to register the fact that Jinri was really not there. The towel wrapped around me dropped and I ran down the stairs in a speedy pace. Without another word I ran out of the house again, only to receive yellings from Jinri's mother. 

"Jinri's not there! I need to find her!" I took nothing but the scarf with me, as if it was my beloved treasure. 

 

I ran through the rain, didn't even flinch when the thunder struck with a loud roar. I simply ran through the streets, having a slight idea of where she could be heading to. My heart is telling me guilt had been eating her, no matter how much I tried to comfort her. I didn't want to admit it, but deep down I had a guess she would do this. She wasn't someone without a conscience. 

I headed towards the police station. 

 

The thing is, as I was running, I was thinking too. My thoughts were so overwhelming that I wasn't even concentrating on the road. The heavy rain and storm made it hard for me to see what was ahead, but my feet wouldn't even stop for me to look st my left and right. 

 

I crossed the road. 

 

The next thing I heard, was tyres screeching. 

 

Then I felt something sharp stabbing me at the left side of my torso. 

 

Then my back met with something cold; the ground. 

 

Then someone came running towards me, kneeling down and calling my name. She seemed familiar. 

 

Then I gave up, letting the blackness wash over me. But not before I muttered her name. 

 

"Yuri,"