:: o1 Detention.

Between a Devil and an Angel

------ A/N ------

First of all, Wow. I never knew that only a few hours after I created this story there would be upvotes and subscribers already. Thank you! Do continue commenting because it's the best thing an author would want. :) Also, don't hesitate to criticise if you think the chapter is bad. Haha. 

Finally, Enjoy! ^^ 


:: Sulli 

 

"Your late, Miss Choi." I stood there like a stone, just blinking my eyes. 

 

" Detention after school." Miss Park said sternly, pushing up her glasses that has fallen down to the lower bridge of her nose. I groaned. First day and I get detention? Great. 

" Now get back to your seat." I dragged my feet down the classroom and slump down on my chair. On the way there, Krystal looked at me apologetically as I could only heave a sigh. 

 

Some girls down the classroom snickered at me. I couldn't help but to cringe at their voices and their appearance. It looked like they dressed up like a . Pink lipgloss all over their lips and probably 10 litres of make up on their face. But instead of voicing out my opinion, I kept quiet and faced front while trying to concentrate. 

 

But I failed. Miss Park's classes are boring as always. So I took out my diary and started to write things down. It was, in fact, more like a journal because I normally write down how I feel instead of just events that happened, including the sweet heart - Lee Taemin. He has always been the role model of our year and I have always had a crush on him. 

 

He was gorgeous in his own way, he didn't even need to try. My heart flatters whenever he looked at me and smiled at me, but he never noticed me more than just acknowledging my existence. Call me childish, but I actually did wrote a love letter to him, confessing how much I like him but somehow it didn't reach him. Other than his looks, he has a kind personality too. He always- 

 

" Miss Choi!" Miss Park yelled. I whipped my head towards her direction with wide eyes. " You're late and now your spacing out? Do you need an extra hour in detention?"  I shook my head vigorously and faced the board untill Krystal kicked my chair gently to grab my attention. 

 

" Tell me your not thinking about him again." She mouthed. I pressed my lips together and nodded my head. " Give it a try again, confess to him." She mouthed again. My mind bombarded with thoughts like ' It's not going to work!' Or ' He won't like you back anyway!"  So I shook my head and mouthed, 

" I don't think it would work." Even though he is never going to realise I like him, I can still watch from the sidelines, watch him be happy with the girl that likes him. Happy with the girl that he likes. 

-- 

 

Before I know it, it was lunch. I stacked my books neatly in my locker then slammed the door shut. Then I saw my four other friends running towards me and giving me a hug. 

 

" How was summer holidays Ssul?" Victoria asked. 

" It's alright, just a little boring." I said. Luna and Amber are both from the higher classes while Victoria is already in her senior year. That leaves me and Krystal in the middle. This is only the second year of Uni for us. Though it was odd, since Luna only joined us two years ago while I have known the others since I was young. 

 

Luna also used to be very good friends with the more popular group of kids. Mainly because the leader of them all is a beautiful girl  - Kwon Yuri. Every guy would have liked to see her dance.

 

Luna was also popular for her voice, but Eversince she joined us, no one from the group really talked to her anymore, it's like she never exist in them. When I ask why she join us, she only said, ' They're too shallow.' So since then, she had become one of us. One of our sister clan, as we like to call it. 

 

I snapped out of my daze as I hear girls squeling. It must be another guy that has caught their attention. It was always a sign whenever girls do that. It meant they would do whatever they could to win the guy's heart over and have him to themselves. I turned towards the direction of the sound but could see no one emerging out of the crowd of girls, swaying his hair and earning squeal from the girls. 

 

Instead, it was a different situation.  I could hear cheerings and people gathering at the tables, slamming their palms on it. I looked back at my four other friends. They're as clueless as I am, and curiosity got the best of me. 

 

I walked towards that direction together with them. A big crowd has already formed and I wasn't exactly that tall. So I tried to see what's going on while jumping up and down. 

" They're having a fight," Amber suddenly said. I turned to her. 

" Really? Why?" 

" Who knows? Only they themselves know. While others are only trying to heat things up a bit." She said. Before I can answer, someone slammed another person to a table, causing a lot of noise. I still couldn't see who the two person was, but I could roughly make out one. 

 

He was tall, well built. He was the one that slammed the other person to a table, but the other person didn't even bother to fight back. His back was facing me as he only grabs his bag, slung it over his shoulder and trudged away without a second word, leaving the tall guy speechless. 

-- 

 

" Did you know that that guy is new? He's good looking too!" One said to another. 

" Doesn't he know how to fight? Everybody was saying that he was a bully." 

" I know, but for some reason he didn't bother to fight back. I must say, he's a mystery." 

 

I walked down the hallway listening to their conversation. It did appear weird, how he doesn't fight back even though he knows how to fight. Moreover, a bully. Provided what they say was true though. One second I was thinking about this, and the other I had already shrugged it off once I see my same old friends. 

" Wanna meet up at the Café later?" Victoria asked, as soon as I hear the offer, my shoulders slumped. 

" I got detention.." I muttered. 

" Sulli-ah. Do you realise that out of all of us, your the one with the most detention?" Victoria nudged me. 

" Well, It's not like I could help it." They looked at me apologetically while raising their fists in a ' Fighting' sign. I brightened up just a little.

" We'll see you tomorrow, Neh? Detention won't last long." Krystal smiled at me. 

 

I walked all the way to the last block of the whole school. Detention classes are always at the back of school buildings. I hugged my diary and my books in my arms and fasten my pace a little. 

 

Soon, I was already in front of the classroom. S-52. I took in a deep breath and pushed the door with my back since my hands weren't free. As usual, i knew there won't be anyone else in the classroom except me. I walked a few steps backwards then turned around, ready to take a step forward when I Bumped into something. Wait, someone. 

 

I stumbled back and rubbed my head.  I looked up, and just like a thunderstorm suddenly came, it felt like it was raining above us, and thunder was booming. I made a face. 

 

This person has no good intention, he stood a little further away from me, smirking. 

 

" Your face looks retarded, you know." He spoke, still with the pokerface. My eyes widened, 

" Y-yah!" I can't believe I even stuttered. He didn't answer me, and I took the time to study him. He had on a smooth leather jacket with a black shirt and jeans. He's tall, well built like the one I seen just now. The one who just walked away without another word. Then it struck me. 

 

Was it him? Or was it just another person? 

 

" I know I'm handsome, but you don't have to stare at me like that." He said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

" Ani! I wasn't." I yelled. When I realised I haven't known his name, I asked, just to change the topic. 

" What's your name anyway?" I ducked under his arms and moved to my usual seat behind him. He turned and sat down beside me then said, 

" It's Minho. Choi Minho." With the smirk still on his face he looked at me while slowly smiling, 

" You?" 

" I'm Sulli. Why are you here?" 

" Because I hit someone onto a table." I cocked my head a little, I saw the guy who slammed the other person to the table clearly. And It wasn't him. 

 

Was he trying to cover him? But why? 

 

I felt uneasy the whole time since he was staring at me. He had that look on he face, not the ' I'll-beat-you-up' face, but a soft expression, more like he enjoyed my company and he can just take his mask off in front of me. 

-- 

 

As the bell rang, I quickly gathered my books and stood up. In the midst, I dropped one of them. I bent down to pick it up, but then another thing caught my attention. 

It was a note. Addressed to me. Curious, I examined it, but came to a sudden realisation that Minho was still in the room, staring at me. So I walked out of the room with a smile plastered on my face, wondering what the note might say. 

 

And I totally forgotten I left my diary on the floor in class.