:: o3 Back off.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

 

:: Minho

 

AS SOON as she stepped out of the building, I closed my laptop shut. It wasn't like there was anything interesting to do but I just sort of wanted to wander around the building. The building that I had considered a home to me, because I never had one before. 

 

No one cared for me, isolated and alone. That pretty much explains who I am today. Untill I actually met my fellow pals - Jinki, Jong Hyun and Key. They were the ones that stood up for me, the ones that I shared memories with in this shabbed-looking white building. They were the ones that could really understand me and the ones that knows what is behind the tough 'me'. 

 

- The fragile me. 

 

But as I walk around the buildings with my hands in my pockets with the strong breeze blowing, My mind can't help but to wander to the events that had happened years ago. Events that haunted my mind and won't let me go. It's When I met that one girl, Choi Sulli, then It really felt like I could just cry into the crook of her neck. Somehow, somehow I felt like she could understand me, she'll comfort me and mutter sweet words into my ears like how Umma would to me. 

 

My ego isn't letting me do it though, I didn't want her to know the weak side of me. Now that's really why I am known as the Bully. 

-- 

 

Wilted and crumpled flowers fell on my foot. I furrowed my brows as that describes exactly how I feel. It's funny how I can keep all of these thoughts to myself, my friends don't even know half of it. 

 

Because Just like a trampled rose, my heart shatters when we have to separate. I vent it out on people by beating them, I push people who tries to help me away by rejecting them, kicking them out of the neatly drawn circle I had formed around me. 

 

But now that Sulli appeared in my life, I'll see. I'll see through her heart and maybe, just maybe, she can see through me too. 

-- 

 

:: Narrator 

 

Sulli walked through the empty streets with a bunch of paper bags in her arms. She stumbled a little before gaining her balance. 

" Aish! This Choi Minho. I swear your worse that I thought you'd be." She muttered with a slight pout. She continued walking but didn't see a rock on the side of the curb that seemed like it was ready to trip anybody. When she started walking sideways, she tripped. 

 

Everything went flying all over the place. Oh no. Sulli gasped. She managed to catch all three of them in a go but widened her eyes when the last one was too faraway from her reach. She tried running but her body didn't respond fast enough. Just as she thought it would land on the hard ground, a hand shot out and swiftfully grabbed it. 

 

She stared at the hand amazed for a few seconds before She looked up a bit to see who it was. 

 

And again, she was amazed at who it was. 

" L-lee Taemin?" Out of all people, it was the one that she crushed on. Taemin smiled at her, showing his pearly white teeth. 

" Here you go." With shaking hands, she took it and bowed multiple times before straightening herself up. Taemin chuckled at her. 

" Do you want me to help?" He asked. 

" E-eh?" Smiling again, he took two of the large paper bags and said, 

" Just show me where your going to." 

" B-but, you don't know me." Sulli said, shocked. 

" Who says I don't? We're in the same Uni. We even have music together!" He chuckled. He was really one cheerful person. Sulli never knew he notices that they had music together, all along she thought he would forget once he turns away from her. 

" Ahh.. I remember now. So your sure you want to help me?" She confirmed. 

" Of course!" Sulli felt her heart beating in a fast pace when she sees Taemin smiling ever so widely. Wanting to enjoy the first and probably the last time she would ever get to walk with Taemin, she walked slowly, gripping the paper bags in her hands. 

 

They reached there soon enough. Taemin was rather amused that Sulli would even be interested in this building since she seems like someone who likes bright things. 

" Thanks," she said, taking the paper bags from him. 

" Oh, yeah. Your welcome." He looked down at her pretty face, looking into her dark brown eyes that only shows pure innocence. 

" I guess I better get going." She quickly said, hiding the blush on her face as she looks away. She started moving away but Taemin swiftly grabbed her wrist, pulling her back. She whirled around and came face to face with Taemin. 

" Don't go just yet, I want to tell you something, and it won't be the last time." 

" W-what is it?" She was scared that he would say something negative, something negative about her. 

 

I like you." All she could do was stare at him. It wasn't unusual, who wouldn't react like that when the guy that you had been crushing on for at least a year says he likes you as well? Taemin took the chance and leaned in bit by bit, closing the gap between them. Just when the moment Sulli had been waiting for came, 

 

A booming voice that sends birds flying away spoke. 

" Who are you?" Minho appeared from behind the door that leads to the inside of the building, obviously he has heard everything. They both turned. Sulli had this annoyed expression on her face as Minho approached them. Why can't you just leave us alone?! 

" O-oh. Uhh, hey I'm Taemin. Nice to meet you." Taemin held out his right hand. Minho's eyes flicked to his hand for a second then with an attitude clearly shown, he brushed past him then pulled Sulli close to him. Too close, actually. Too close for Sulli to be comfortable. 

" Yah." Sulli struggled under Minho's strong arms but Minho hushed her with a pretty smirk on his face. 

" Did I hear you saying you like her? Choi Sulli?" He asked. Taemin raised a brow at his question. He wasn't the type of person to get angry easily but seeing Sulli so close with Minho he couldn't help but to frown. 

" Yes. I like her, and nothing's going to change that." He said confidently. Now it was Minho's turn to raise a brow. 

" Oh really? Well, I'm sorry but she already has a boyfriend." Taemin's eyes widened with every word that was spat in his face. 

" W-who is that?" 

Me.

 

 

" What on Earth did you just did right there?!" Sulli yelled the moment they went in the building and Taemin was already out of sight. Minho turned to her with the same old smirk plastered over his face. 

" It's true." 

" That is NOT true! We don't even know each other enough to date! Are you insane?" Minho enjoyed the little scene where she flungs her hands into the air with a deep shade of red painted on her face. She was really angry. 

" Don't you know that agreeing to be my personal bodyguard means to be my girlfriend?" He asked. 

" What?! I-I, oh screw this. I can't believe you, Choi Minho." 

" Can't believe what?" This made Sulli even more pissed. She stomped her foot on the ground. 

" I hate you!" Sulli yelled. Minho was taken aback at her reaction but remained calm and cool. He grabbed the paper bags from Sulli and smiled sweetly at her. 

" Thank you," then he was already walking in another direction, leaving Sulli there alone. Minho slumped down on a chair and stared at the paper bags. He enjoyed seeing her embarrassed and angry and enjoyed doing it as well, but for all he knows, he was only trying to cover up the jealousy that built around his heart. 

-- 

 

For the next few days, Sulli has been tagging along with Minho. Not because she wanted to, but because she had to. It was lunch time, but she could not hang out with her friends. Instead, she had to take down notes for Minho from his previous class. Minho was in a much lower class, and he had demanded Sulli to stay in his class and take down notes. 

 

The reason why the teacher has not said anything against it was because his father was someone famous, someone in charge of the school and someone that could fire him if his son wanted him to. So in the end, Sulli was forced to do it, and she wasn't happy. Taemin has also not been appearing lately as well, which was a bit weird since he never misses class. Sulli was worried, but only is she had his address then she would have gone to his house. 

" Are you done yet? Your so slow," Minho said while gobbling down his lunch. Sulli glared at him, 

" Why don't you do it yourself then?" She snapped. 

" Because I'd be slower." Just then, a few guys walked over to Minho's table. Minho looked up and smirked. 

 

" Yo guys. Long time no see," Minho greeted. 

" Hyung! Give me some money to buy food." Jjong begged Jinki. 

" No way, I'm not wasting my money for that. I got chicken to buy." Jinki says while sitting down on one of the chairs. 

" Sheesh. Key, do you have any?" Key shook his head and stucked his tongue out. They were talking within themselves untill they looked around and noticed Sulli. They looked at each other then to Sulli. Minho has never ever let a girl sit at the same table as he is! 

 

" So, who's this?" Jinki asked. Sulli looked up and blinked. 

" Name's Sulli." Minho answered the question. Jjong slowly smirked while leaning closer towards Sulli. 

" Hey, your pretty." Minho instantly looked up and pushed Jjong back to his seat then pulled Sulli close to him and protectively said, 

 

Back off, She's mine." 

 



------ A/N ------

 

Hey guys! :D I'm finally back well and healthy. Sorry for the late update as well.. :( Btw, I'll be doing a one-shot! It's going to be about Choi Sulli. If you haven't noticed, I didn't say 'MinSul'. That means the other character is still unknown. I won't give away who is it though, but you can guess. ;) And also, if you wanna give it a try and guess what Minho's past is, your more than welcome to try, there was this little hint at the front where i put Minho's POV in there.

Anyways, I think that's all, Have a great day ahead! ^^ 

* Next update might be on either Sunday or Tuesday*