:: o12 A broken friendship.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

 

:: Narrator

 

Sulli's mouth gaped opened a little as she stared at the rocky ground beneath her. Krystal huffed and straighten herself up. She moved towards Sulli and lifted her chin up gently with an expression Sulli knew all too well. - You have to tell Taemin the truth. It's as if they were talking through eye-contact.

 

'' I'm sorry,'' Sulli muttered, avoiding Krystal's eyes. Krystal has always been very forgiving, and deep down she has also already forgiven her, but she held a cold expression instead.

'' Not me, Sulli. Him, your going to say sorry to him.'' She pulled her hand back and Sulli's head dropped down.

'' Your going to do that, right?'' She asked. Sulli looked up for a bit and nodded her head solemnly. Krystal smiled a little before tugging the strap of her bag on her shoulder. Do the right thing, Ssul. And with that thought lingering in her head, she turned around and walked away, leaving Sulli behind.

--

 

Sulli opened the door of her house and waved to her mom.

'' Take care,'' She yelled before closing the door shut. Sulli turned around and started walking towards the direction of her school. She silently prayed that she will have the opportunity to meet Taemin on the way there.

 

Five minutes just passed, Sulli was walking across the road when she heard fast footsteps behind her. She turned around just in time for Minho to turn her back so her back is facing him again. He continued pushing her all the way across the road causing Sulli to run as well.

 

When they reached the other side of the road, Sulli glared at Minho. But Minho had already started moving ahead of her, expecting her to come with him too. And when he realised that she isn't behind or beside him, he turned around quickly. Minho squinted his eyes in vain in order to see if she was far behind.

 

'' Sulli?'' He called. No response. Minho's eyes widened a little and he re-traced his footsteps untill he reached where the zebra-crossing path was. There she was. She was still glaring ahead of her with her hands crossed over her chest. Minho looked down with apologetic eyes.

'' What have i done wrong?'' He asked. Sulli glanced at him before bursting out in laughter.

'' W-what?'' He asked again. Sulli continued laughing before calming herself down.

'' Y-you thought that i was angry?'' She asked as she tried hard to stiffle her laughter. Minho widened his eyes in realisation. He was tricked. His cheeks were red with embarassment. But then, he looked up with twinkling eyes. Sulli noticed and slowly backed away.

'' Um.. Bye!'' Sulli quickly said before running away quickly.

'' Yah! Choi Sulli!'' Minho yelled, chasing after Sulli, but she was already far ahead from him, still laughing loudly.

'' Aish..'' Minho muttered before taking off as well.

 

The wind blew harshly and soon, snow was falling. They were a few foots away from the entrance of the University when Sulli stopped dead in her tracks. So did Minho.

 

It was the first snowfall of the year. Minho looked at the ground that was half-filled with snow and then back at Sulli. He took the chance and ran to her. She didn't react fast so in a few seconds she was wrapped protectively in Minho's embrace. He held her tightly like there was no tomorrow. He doesn't want to let her go.

 

'' Y-yah, Choi Minho. Get off me before people starts spreading rumours.'' She said, struggling under the strong arms of Minho, but alas, he was too strong for her. Before she could say anything else, he turned her around so she could face him. Their faces were a few millimetres from touching each others'.

 

'' Do you know that they say every couple kisses on the first snowfall of the year?'' With no good reason, Sulli's cheeks turned as red as a tomato. She looked to the right so at least their lips weren't that close.

 

Minho smirked at her actions. It had been right though, it was said that couples who believed that it was romantic would kiss at the first snow fall. Where did Minho hear this? It seems like he never cared for things like this, right? It was mostly because of the influence of his parents when he was young.

 

Minho's mom has always said that kissing at the first snowfall has always been romantic, and if the guy takes the initiative to kiss the girl first, then it means that he is sincere. But of course, Minho didn't say anything about that. He'll just say that he wants to punish her for tricking him as a excuse to kiss her.

 

At the thought of his mom, guilt began to flood his insides. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried his best not to remember the horrible memory. Just do it, Minho. If you miss this chance, who knows who would take it.  Sulli noticed that Minho wasn't moving, so she turned her head back slowly.

 

When her eyes met Minho's, Minho was certain about his feelings. He leaned in a little but as soon as he did, people watching from the sidelines began whistling and making weird noises. Sulli pulled away and looked behind.

 

She panicked.

 

Sulli gripped onto her books and turned to run, but as if someone was pulling her back, she could not moved. Looking behind again, she found Minho's hand pulling the back 0f her collar.

'' Minho!'' She whispered aloud, '' Let me go,''

She attempted to break free, but just as Minho sighed, he pulled her with much force back and turned her around again.

'' It's a once in a life thing, you know.'' Right after he finished his sentence, he pulled her in and their lips met.

 

Despite the cheerings people were shouting aloud, they didn't stop. Every sound was drowned, and it was like there was only the two of them there. 

 

Minho pulled her in closer, closing the gap in between them. The first snowfall is nothing special without you. Minho thought. 

 

 

Both had their eyes closed. Both didn't know that it was a mistake to kiss in the public. Both didn't know that someone was just a few foots away from them, watching them closely, never taking it's eyes off them. Both didn't know what it was about to do.  - Whatever it takes to crush Sulli's world into pieces. 

 

It scoffed. Taking one last glance at the couple still embracing each other, it turned around and walked directly into the entrance of the University. It saw many people, but it could not see the person it was looking for. It knew that the person was popular, at most, and is related to Minho. 

 

" Kwon, Yu-ri." It said, it's voice was low and you can straight away tell it was a guy by the voice. The crowd around Yuri dispersed as soon as they layed eyes on the hooded person. It's always best not to mess with people like this. 

" W-what do you want?" She stuttered. Get a grip, Yuri! He's just a nobody. Yuri tried standing up tall but her legs were shaking even at the sight of it. 

" Will you run an errand for me?" It paused before hurriedly continuing, " Actually, you don't have a choice. I'll give you money in return." Yuri was surprised at the sudden offer, she was expecting it to be a bully or something. But before she can do anything else, it has already pulled her by the wrist, making her follow it. 

 

Since the compound is very big, it was able to find some place private so that no one will see them. After a few turns around the building, they reached a music room that has not been of any use before since it looked quite dusty in there. 

 

It turns to Yuri and pulled down it's hood just a little more to make sure that Yuri won't be able to see its face. 

" Your Minho's cousin," Yuri's eyes were wide for a second before she replied. 

" How did you know?" 

" So I was right. There's a girl out there, names Sulli. She's with Minho." Yuri stared speechlessly at it. She never really liked Sulli, and she definitely didn't want her to end up with Minho. 

" What do you want me to do?" It gestured her to come closer and told her what to do after school before handing her an envelope that has photos in them. 

" Give them to someone called Lee Taemin. Do you know him?" Yuri nodded her head, remembering the cute guy with honey-coloured hair. 

" That's all you need to do," It said, before turning and walking away. Yuri looked down at the envelope in her hands, staring hard at it. What have I gotten myself into? 

 

 

" Hey, Lee Taemin?" Yuri asked the boy who was eating his lunch. He looked up with big eyes. 

" What's up?" He asked, turning his attention back to his lunch. Yuri looked at the envelope once again, before deciding to just give it to him. 

" Take this," She said, tossing the envelope to him. Taemin raised a brow before touching the smooth surface if the envelope. 

" What is this and who gave me this?" 

" Some anonymous person, and I don't know what's in there," Taemin took the envelope, examined it and tossed it back to Yuri. 

" If it's money, I'm not taking it." 

" I don't think it is." Once again, the statement made Taemin raised his eyebrows. Yuri sighed and gave it back to him. 

" Just, take it. I'll be dead if he doesn't see you taking it." 

" He? So it's a guy?" Yuri thought for a while before answering. 

" I don't know. But his voice seems like a guy's." 

" I'll take it." 

 

One fine day was ruined once he opened the envelope. Everything. The hope that he might still be able to be friends with Sulli, the guilty feeling that has been bottled up in his chest had all vanished. His fingers were curled into fists, in his right hand was crumpled photos. 

-- 

 

Sulli crossed her fingers tightly. She's going to apologise to Taemin, she's going to tell him the truth and if Taemin cannot forgive her, she would understand. After all, it was very wrong of her to be a two-timer. It's too selfish of her to do that. 

 

Music class was soon over and it was the end of the day for Sulli. During the class, Taemin didn't talk to her at all, which was rather strange of him. They were not paired up that day and it decreased the chance of Sulli talking to him. So when class was over, she waited untill everyone left the room before approaching Taemin 

" Taemin?" She peered down at Taemin's face with a small smile on her face. 

" What?" He snapped coldly. Sulli was taken aback, what happened to him? 

" Um.. I came to, tell you something." 

" What is it?" Again, he answered coldly. Sulli gulped before continuing. 

" It wasn't your fault, I-I, was doing the same. I was-" Taemin looked up sharply with anger in his eyes. 

" Now? Your only going to tell me now? I can't believe this, I knew I was wrong for going out with Krystal without telling you, but you.. You.." Sulli was utterly shocked. 

" W-what?" Taemin lost it. He slammed few crumpled pieces of coloured paper on the table. Sulli looked closer before realising it was photos of that morning when she was with Minho. 

" Twice. Twice you put the blame on me. I've always been honest with you, I confessed to you, even." He said,

" Think about it Sulli, think about what you did to me, I felt guilty for nothing. Our trust is broken, and not only that, at the end of the day.." He looked out of the window before facing Sulli again. 

 

" Our friendship is broken because of you."