Epilogue: Him and her.

Between a Devil and an Angel

Epilogue

Jinri was somewhat nervous when Minho had tied a piece of opaque cloth around her eyes to prevent her from seeing anything in front of her. He had told her he was taking her for a special and memorable dinner and that it was supposed to be a surprise, but yet she could still feel her heart beating fast in her chest. She didn't exactly fancy surprises. 

"Relax, Jinri," Minho chuckled as he saw her fidgeting, "don't worry, it's gonna be nice. Totally your type." 

"You know I don't exactly like surprises." She said. 

"You're going to like it," he said, patting her hand and smiling at her, even though she couldn't see it at the moment. 

 

Moments later, Minho pulled over at a curb at the side of a road, just a few metres away from the lamp post located in front. 

"We're here." He took the initiative to climb out of the car first before he jogged over to the other side to guide Jinri as she stepped out of the car. He carefully took her hand in his and just like any other time he does that, snippets of memories they shared come flashing back in his mind. He likes it when that happens. The fact that they have come such a long way to where they are now makes him feel contented and blissful. 

"Where are we?" Jinri muttered as she took note of the sound of some crickets chirping and the sound of grass and leaves crunching underneath her feet. Unknowingly, she squeezes Minho's big hands tightly. 

"Just a few more steps," he said, leading her cautiously in between tall trees and finally a small slope. It was relatively easy to climb even in blindfolds, much to Jinri's advantage. They soon came to a halt. 

"You were waiting for this moment, weren't you?" Minho asked, not particularly expecting an answer, "go ahead and take it off." Jinri could literally feel the smile in Minho's voice. She did as he said, and boy, was she surprised. She let go of Minho's hand and momentarily covered with her palm. 

It was gorgeous. 

"Do you like it?" he asked. She only nodded her head in return, because she was still a little awestruck at the sight in front of her. 

Beautiful pomegranate scented candles were lit and placed around the inside of the tree house they had built years ago and even some on the ground, lighting the wooden planks that are designed as stairs. It was true that sometime ago Minho had accidentally destroyed it out of anger, but he had asked for a favour from his friends to help him build a new one before he went overseas. He honestly paid at least a month's worth of lunch for those 'rascals', as he sometimes jokingly calls them, but he's honestly really grateful for their hard work. The tree house was also painted a chestnut colour with a splash of gold on the door. 

"No, I love it!" she exclaimed, turning around to look at him with slightly teary eyes. She ran and gave him a tight hug before mumbling a soft 'thank you'. He only chuckled before placing a soft kiss on her lips then led her up the stairs. 

 

Hours passed as they enjoyed spending time together with some delicious beef steak and just a tinge of red wine. Maybe a little more, but that doesn't matter. What really took Jinri's breath away that night though, was one question from Minho. 

One question that would end their title as 'boy girlfriends' if she said yes. 

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl who was clouded with jealousy towards her twin sister. They both were pretty, intelligent and ambitious, but they held very different personalities. The younger one, who was borned just 40 seconds after her older sister, had a passion for dancing. She can dance to any type of music, whether it is a ballad, a jazz piece or even a contemporary piece. Her favourite one though, was contemporary, because she gets to dance with her favourite dancer. Her favourite dancer was also her ultimate crush, but she never told him her secret. Ever." She paused before continuing, watching her daughter giggle under the sheets of her bed.

"Little did she know, his heart had another girl's name written all over it. And who could that be? It was none other than her own sister! When this little girl found out, she did something that she regretted doing, and she pushed her big sister down a steep cliff, and pretended that she was her instead, the one the little boy likes. She had her sister's identity and her crush's attention on her, but what she had done, she could never forgive herself." Jinri looked up, and saw her husband standing near the doorway, listening intently to the story she was telling. 

"Then what happens next, momma?" 

"Then she was separated from her crush, and only reunited after many years. By the time they met again, they thought they still held feelings for each other, except when someone new came into their lives, they were changed. Both of their worlds were turned upside down, and they learned to truly love. There was this devil who loved to bully this angel(the same little girl), but when their worlds clashed together, she wasn't quite as innocent as an angel. The devil wasn't quite as evil as he seemed too. They both have good and bad sides. They weren't perfect. They both have dark secrets. But what was really powerful of their love was that they learn from their pasts, they forgive each other, and they move on. There is no reason to dwell in the past when it's only going to hurt you more in the future. As long as you learn to forgive yourself and try your very best to do the right things, the past does not matter anymore. It is gone, it can't haunt you anymore. And that is why, Moonhye-yah, their love still remains as strong as ever today." 

"Is that the end?" Someone asked. Jinri smiled at the man who had been there eversince she started telling the story and said, "yes, that is the end of the story, but not their love." 

"That was a very deep story, momma. I like it. I want to meet someone like that too, because he'll love me so, so much!" Moonhye drew a gigantic heart shape with her tiny fingers and her lips were shaped into a beautiful smile, identical to her mother's. Her parents laughed heartily along with her. 

"One day, Moonhye. One day." 

"Alright, bedtime. I'll tuck you in." Her father said as he placed a kiss on her forehead. Jinri made her way out of the room so he can pray for her and tuck her in before she heads upstairs and into the balcony. 

 

The breeze was rather cool that night, and she felt someone drape a thick warm blanket over her shoulders before he sat down beside her. They stared up the starry night, where the dark skies are filled with twinkling stars. 

"That was about us, wasn't it? Our journey to truth and forgiveness," he said, looking at Jinri. 

"What do you think? I did a pretty good job telling the story, didn't I?" He nodded. A silence followed before her eyes landed on an item long forgotten by her on her husband's lap. 

"Minho-yah," she then said, "you still... You still have it." Minho looked down on his lap and smiled as he lifted the scarf that he brought overseas as a memory of Jinri. He wrapped it around his own neck. It still had her scent. 

"Of course I do, it was the only memory left of you that I could actually touch when I was overseas." He reached over and grabbed her hand, radiating warmth. "I love you," he then said, sincerely. 

"I love you too, Minho, but..." 

"But what?" She stifled a laugh before answering. 

"But the scarf looks gay around you." After that was said, Jinri couldn't contain her laughter, she just had to let it out. 

"Hey! Say one more word, and I'll kiss you." He stood and reached for her, pulling her into his embrace. Her hands were on his chest. 

"But-" before she could even utter another word, he kissed her on the lips, softly but passionately. When they pull apart, Jinri blushed. "Hey! That's-" and again, he kissed her. This time, she pushed him away playfully. 

"Your such a devil!" She said, although her smile said otherwise. He smirked for the first time in almost a few years before taking a step closer. 

"But your my angel." 

 

And he sealed with yet another sweet kiss, except this time, none of them resist at all.