:: o19 Forgive and forget.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

 

:: Narrator

 

The sound of the door knocking echoed through the still night. There was no wind, or even the slightest breeze; but he still felt more chilly than usual. He brought his hand up to knock again, only to receive no reply at all. 

" Is anyone home?" He muttered, turning his head to the right only to find that there was not a single source of light shining through the window. He was more worried than ever, especially after watching the news. Was both Jinri and her mother in custody right now? 

 

Letting out a frustrated sigh, he his heels and head back down the small steps. 

 

" Let me out of here!" 

 

Jinri was scared. She hated being locked in a small room of the shape of a square. The walls that were painted white was too blinding for her, but at the same time she was grateful it wasn't dark in there. It seems her claustrophobia hasn't left her after all these years. 

 

She brought her knees up to her chin and sat in the furthest corner of the room, hugging herself in hope that it would give her a bit warmth. 

 

She remembered the last time she was here. She remembered that terrible event, the one where she intentionally pushed her twin sister down the cliff and got away with it. But before that, she and Taemin was brought to custody for further questioning. She remembered the intense stare that was given to her when she looked into the eyes of the chief inspector and said,

" She slipped and then fell down the cliff." 

She remembered those pair of dark eyes penetrating through her, searching for any sign of lies. Fortunately for her that time, she was able to mask the truth and display the false truth; or else she would have been caught in the act there and then. 

 

The door was flung opened before Jinri could continue in her train of thoughts. She looked up and was glad that someone has finally came to release her from this room she named hellhole. The officer that came in was an ordinary one, he looked at Jinri huddled up in the corner and frowned slightly. 

" Please sit on the chair provided. We will be starting our questioning soon." 

 

Sadly, no. He wasn't here to release her just yet, but now he's forcing her to sit on the chair in the middle of the room where she would feel more claustrophobic than ever. 

" Please, don't make me. I'm scared." The officer scoffed at her statement, failing to notice that her voice was trembling. He trudged towards her and pulled her up. 

" No.. Just no.." 

 

When she was brought to the chair and forced to sit down, she felt it. She felt the sense that all four walls was closing against her and she felt suffocated.(I'm not sure if I'm exaggerating but lets keep it this way.) Her palms were sweaty and her eyes displayed panic. 

" Let me out of here!" She shrieked, squeezing her eyes shut. The officer was taken aback at her reaction and only had one thought in his mind: This lady is insane. 

 

The next thing was rather inevitable.  There was a little shouting here and there; in the room, then all of a sudden a pair of strong arms lifted Jinri up from the chair and out of the room. 

" Those arms.. They're familiar. To whom do they belong to?" 

" M-minho?" Minho looked down at the tear strained cheeks of Jinri's before getting a better grip of her. Her eyes were plain shock but at the same time there was a glint of happiness. Minho brought her out of the police station quickly before anyone could stop them. He was not going to let her go, again. 

" Minho.. My mom, she-" 

" Shh.. Don't worry. She's only there for questioning, I reckon she'll be out by midnight. And when she does, I'll make sure she comes back home safe and sound." 

 

Jinri sighed in relief as she buried herself in his chest. His cologne was not distinctive but it was enough to soothe Jinri down, hence as time went by, she fell asleep. 

 

Minho slowly closed the door and turned around to walk back to the police station. He had already tucked Jinri in properly and closed the windows so she won't feel so cold. But Jinri was actually woken up when he carried her up the stairs to her bedroom, but she remained still as if she was still deep in her sleep. 

 

As soon as she heard the soft click of the door, her eyelids fluttered open only to see the pitch black surrounding and a small ray of moonlight shining through her curtains. She lifted her tired and heavy body and pushed herself off her bed before opening her window. There, she could see Minho walking slowly back the direction he came. 

 

His slender figure was actually charismatic, at least for Jinri. She stared so intently at his back that someone who saw would have sworn that gaze burned a hole through Minho's back; only he won't feel it. When Minho suddenly stopped, Jinri's breathing stopped as well. 

 

He turned around in a split second, looking straight at Jinri's opened window but Jinri was faster, as she quickly retreated herself and leaned against the wall beside the window. She swallowed hard, hoping he had not seen her. 

 

After about a minute, Jinri slowly stepped out of the shadows and looked out her window. He was not there anymore. She closed her window and sighed. She was a tiny little bit disappointed that he didn't walk any slower so she could watch him until he's out of sight. With again, another sigh, Jinri climbed onto her bed and fell into deep slumber in no time. 

 

Little did she know, he had been watching her from a nearby bush, chuckling in amusement. 

 

 

 

Days slowly passed, and things were starting to fall together again. Taemin and Krystal, whom just like Minho and Jinri, had numerous fights; but they agreed that the past should be forget, and they should just forgive and forget. It wasn't easy, that's for sure, but then again, it isn't anyone's fault. Minho's father has not been seen for quite a while, but Minho didn't want to care, he was just trying to enjoy the moment, - the moment that he can finally hold Jinri in his embrace once more without being remembered by the past. 

 

You know, for Minho, he had always loved her. He just acted out of fear, and everything was screwed up because of that. It was the same for Jinri too. She learned to forgive herself, learned not to hide in her past. But it was a little shameful that Sulli is not there to hear her out. 

 

Wait, what about Yuri?

Well, Yuri disappeared. God knows where she is, but everyone in Uni seemed to noticed she was missing, which wasn't surprising considering she is one of the most popular girl in her year. News spreaded like wild fire and within a day almost everyone in her year knows she's missing. It was weird, because Yuri never seemed to miss any of her classes. She was a bully, yes, but she was still a good student; in terms of her studies. 

" Minho, have you seen your cousin?" 

" Nope, the last time I've seen her was about one or two weeks ago? She occasionally comes to my house just so she doesn't have to face her dad." Jinri's eyes widened a little in curiosity and she turned to Minho fully. 

" What's with her dad?" She asked. Minho heaved a sigh before replying,

" Her dad abuses her. Eversince she was young." Jinri's heart ached a little upon hearing that, maybe there was a reason as to why Yuri was always hostile, always bullying the ones younger than her. It was all just a facade to hide her inner self... 

 

Lunch break was soon over and the students scurried to their classes as they didn't want to be late for their next class. Taemin and Krystal walked hand in hand towards their next class. Well of course. No one can break that couple nowadays! But Jinri was still rather.. Awkward around Minho. It wasn't that they haven't forgiven each other for their reckless behavious recently, it's just that she was actually still adjusting to people calling her Jinri; or rather Minho calling her Jinri.

 

She had lived as Sulli for almost 10 years including this year, and back then she hated being Jinri so much that she swore she really felt like she wanted to get rid of Jinri, forever. And till' this day she still wasn't sure how to adjust to it. 

" Jinri-yah, what do you have next?" She snapped out of her thoughts and turned to Minho who was waiting for her answer. 

" Err, wait, um.." She fiddled through her thick file and managed to find her timetable before hastily scanning through. 

" I have music, but it's theory lesson so-"

" Great, cause we're gonna skip class." 

 

Jinri's eyes widened in shock as she processed what he had just said. Skipping class? That's insane! 

" But Minho, I-" Again, she was cut off by Minho, who took her hand and started running towards the direction of the stairs nearest to them. He chuckled a bit (to which Jinri heard) before concentrating on running ahead again. 

 

" No excuses!" 

 

 


------ A/N ------- 

 

Hello guys! :D I'm back with yet another update. Things are slowly starting to work out, but who knows? Nothing can go too smooth. Haha. 

How things really worked out between Minho and Jinri, will actually still be explained in the next chapter, most probably in a flashback; but I thought afer all that 'angsty' events I should make it a little more happy just so it balances out. And btw, Yuri should be making an appearance again! :) 

P.S The story is really coming to an end soon! I can't tell you how much chapters left, 

but there'll be an Epilogue for you guys as well as a 'Author's Corner' where I'll be expressing my super cheesy thanks and probably where I release my next fic too! 

Do anticipate and see you soon! ^_^

 R o b i n -