:: o21 Twist.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 

:: Narrator

 

He woke up to the smell of medicine and flowers that filled the room. Fluttering his eyes open, he was met with four white walls surrounding him and a drip attached to his wrist. Realising where he was he quickly sat up, tearing the drip attached to his wrist away. "I've gotta find her," that was the only thought he had at that time and he was going to find her no matter what. 

 

He slid down the bed and tried standing, only to receive a shooting pain from his legs. He clutched the fabric of the sheets on the bed as if his life depended on it. Then, slowly as he was stable on his foot again, he tried walking out of the room. 

He looked down at his left hand and realised that the scarf was still wrapped securely around his palm. He half-smiled. At least there was still a piece of her with him, and he was not going to let that piece go. Not until he finds her. 

Turning the door knob, he headed out to the hallway. A few doctors and nurses were bustling around, but no one seemed to notice he had managed to limp his way out of the room. Except one person. 

"Yah, where do you think you're going?" He knew this voice belonged to the last person he saw before he out. He turned and saw her standing a few feets away from him, her hands on her hips. The corners of his lips lifted just a tiny bit in delight of seeing someone he knew. 

"What are you doing here, Yuri?" He was aware it was a little bit of a stupid question to ask, but for some reason he needed to hear it from . 

"I'm here for you, of course." She rolled her eyes and walked towards him, draping an arm over his shoulders in a sisterly manner. "But, you should know that you can't get out of here yet, right? You need rest." She tried to turn with him but Minho wouldn't budge. 

"No... I must find Jinri. I need to. You would let me go, wouldn't you, Yuri?" He looked at her with teary eyes, as if he was really desperate, which he was. Yuri sighed and shook her head. "I can't, you know that. I care for you too much to let you to go out there when you can't even walk properly yet. And besides, your father ordered me to keep you in the hospital." 

 

At the mention of his father, Minho's eyes widened. He didn't even bothered to come and wait for his own son to wake up, or even visit him when he was still unconscious. 

"He didn't come, did he?" Minho asked, gritting his teeth. Yuri didn't answer, but they both knew the answer. No. 

Yuri took this opportunity to make Minho turn back to his room and closed the door behind her once they were back in the room. She helped him back up the bed and attached the drip onto his wrist again. 

"Now, don't you move. I'm gonna stay here with you." 

 

Minho looked at Yuri with questionable eyes. She knew what he was thinking. 

"Minho... Your dad will come in a few days to inform you something." 

"W-what?" 

"I do not know. But I know it is important, so you must rest, alright?" Too tired to argue, he nodded his head. After all, if he was going to find Jinri, he would need energy and at the mean time, he didn't have much of it. 

 

Yuri grabbed a chair from nearby and placed it beside Minho's bed, then sat down on it. Minho noticed she was fidgeting, which was unusual because she was known as 'The bold and intimidating Yuri', but he didn't question. If she wanted to talk about it, then she would. If not, he knows she can handle it on her own. 

"I'm sorry, Minho." She whispered. What made Minho most surprised wasn't the fact that her voice was for once soft and barely audible, but the fact that she, Kwon Yuri, was crying. He reached out for her hand. 

"Hey, what's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?" His gesture was brotherly and Yuri was warmed, but at the same time it made her even more guilty for what she had done. 

"I'm so, so sorry. I'm sorry for handing Taemin the photos and making him an enemy to-" 

"Are you saying..." Minho suddenly remembered that Sulli, Jinri's twin must have been involved with Yuri. He didn't know what Yuri did, but he knew she was involved. 

"I was responsible for ruining everything for Taemin and Jinri. This... This hooded person came up to me once and handed me an envelope to give to Taemin. I shouldn't have done it for that person. Now that I come to think of it, I was pretty sure that it was a guy, but I came to terms that she was a girl because if her small feet and feminine body. I have a feeling... That this was Sulli." Minho stared at her confusedly before blinking numerous times. 

"Wait, what was in the envelope?" 

"You and Jinri kissing." 

"So you did it for her - handing the photos to Taemin?" 

"Yes. I'm sorry Minho, I didn't mean to hurt Jinri. I wish I could say sorry to Taemin too, but I didn't have a chance. I know it-"

"Yuri, calm down, it's alright. I'm not mad, it's not your fault after all. You didn't know what was in there." 

"But I had the intention to seperate you and Jinri! I didn't want you two to be together at first. I was horrible. I don't think she would forgive me." Minho pressed his lips together and hold Yuri's hands even tighter. 

"Yuri, listen to me. It's not your fault. What's happened has already happened. As long as you learned your mistake and you have regretted it, then it means your gonna be a better person now, right?" She nodded her head, a tear trickling down her cheek. 

"So you forgive me?" 

"Of course I do. But I've been meaning to ask you this - why were you absent in Uni? It's been a while since you last went." 

"Well, I've just been reflecting on my attitude and I realise I want to become a better person now, I don't want to be a bully anymore." Minho smiled, thinking of himself. He was a bully too, a devil he would say, but after a certain angel entered his life, he knew she had changed his life. It didn't matter whether she had her own set of problems, because everyone makes mistakes. But to him, Jinri was the most beautiful and pure person he ever met - an angel. And he loved her immensely. 

 

"... The police have reported that Choi Jinri, age of 19, has been charged for the murder of her twin sister; Choi Sulli. She will be sentenced for 15 years in jail. That is all for news in Seoul, coming up next will be the weather forecast." 

 

The news had spreaded like wildfire and soon, even the whole University Jinri was enrolled in had heard about it. Some were glad she was sentenced to jail to reflect on her actions, some felt a tad bit sorry for her. Some couldn't believe it at all, for she had been an absolute angel to those who deserved her kindness. Some, like Jinri's group of friends, said nothing. They had found out about her past not long ago, but that didn't change anything about their friendship at all. Everyone deserves a second chance, and they knew that Jinri had regretted her actions, so they understood her.

In their hearts,they all prayed for her. 

 

The news also reached the principal as well as the chairman, which happened to be Minho's father. After confirming that Jinri was the young lady his son seemed to really like, he knew he was sure of his decision. She was in jail already, but for his son's safety he didn't want to risk letting him continue to stay here, so he had decided to do what he initially had wanted to do. 

 

 

Jinri changed into a pair of loose fit orange jumpsuit and stepped out of the bathroom. She was immediately cuffed again and the guards led her to her respective cell. When she reached hers, she found out that she had a roommate. Or rather cell mate. The guards pushed her in and locked the bars of the cell with a loud clang. 

She glanced at her roommate and smiled at him. 

"Yo." He said, nodding at her. 

"Hey." Jinri sat on the lower bunk bed, but glanced up when her roommate called her. 

"What's a pretty lady like you doing here, huh?" 

"Murder, you?" 

"Robbed a bank. I'm Kris, by the way." 

"Jinri." She smiled. He didn't judge her because she was a murderer. He knew just by looking at her that whatever she had done, she had learned her mistake. 

Jinri dismissed Kris's presence shortly after the introduction and walked toward a rectangle window but with bars instead. She stood on the tip of her toes and glanced out. It was green and sunny out there as it had just turned spring. Flowers were blooming everywhere and a certain someone came across her mind. She missed him. She silently prayed that nothing had happened to him, and that he will stay safe. She realised that she was going to be here for quite a while and she knew she would miss him a lot.

She just hoped he will too. 

She really do. 

But for now, it's going to just be her here, and her only. 

 

Yuri changed entirely. She became a much decent person and people were surprised and wondered how on earth could she change that much. But she did. She showed kindness for those who need and deserve it and doesn't pick fights anymore. People who thought she had no heart, finally realised that she wasn't that heartless after all. Underneath that hard and strong surface, layed a gentle and caring Yuri. 

Despite still having an abusive dad, she became a much more happy person now. 

 

On the other hand, things didn't go too well for Minho. He was recovering well, yes, but it was the day that his father came to visit him that ruined his day completely. 

 

Finishing up his porridge, Minho pushed his bowl away and wiped his mouth casually. Just after that, someone knocked on the door. Minho thought it was Yuri, but it wasn't. It was his very own father. 

"My son, how have you been doing?" The wise chairman smiled at his son, but he did not return it. He grabbed a chair and sat beside him, and reached out to pat his head, only to have his hand swatted away. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Why, to see you son, what else?" Minho growled. He hated it when he called him 'son'. 

"This late? Five days after I was admitted to the hospital?" 

"I was very busy, Minho. I need to tell you something when you are well enough."

"What?" He snapped, "tell me that I can't continue to be a singer just because I haven't recovered yet?" He only said that to piss his dad off, which he did, kind of. 

"Minho. This is important. You must listen." His father's tone became hard and cold, and Minho felt a slight doubt creeping into his mind. What was so important that he had to be told of only when he was well enough? 

"What is it?" 

 

"You will be leaving the states soon." 

 


------ A/N ------ 

Hello again! Hopefully this is enough to keep you guys in a cliffhanger! :P

I will be trying to get some frequent updates up before I enter my final exams for school. Yes, another friggin' exam. I just hope all the school work and private study pays off. :)

I think it's now safe to say that this story is coming to an end, haha. I've also got another plot in mind already, so after my finals I'll probably start that one too. 

Anyways, that's all for now and I hope you guys enjoyed that update. I worked hard on it. 

See you soon! 

 

R o b i n -