Special chapter: Possible.

Between a Devil and an Angel

Special chapter

Still as gorgeous as ever, Krystal walked down the sandy beach hand in hand with Taemin. The fabric of her floral dress rippled towards a side as the wind softly blew from the other direction. They were both bare footed, enjoying the sandy feeling under their feets as they bask in comfortable silence. To Taemin, she looked utterly beautiful at that very moment. 

"Shall we walk back?" He asked, breaking the silence. 

"Can we stay and watch the sunset?" She softly asked. Taemin knew she had always wished to watch the sunset with someone, but never had the chance to because of her hectic city life after graduating University. Now that they were on a Summer vacation together, away from all the advertisements, busy cars and endless work piling on top of each other, this was the perfect opportunity. Krystal's eyes held so much hope that even though Taemin felt tired and wanted to take a rest, he agreed nonetheless. It won't hurt to stay for a bit if he could see her this happy. Besides, he knew he could rest as much as he wants to later on. 

"Sure," he smiled, "why not?" 

Krystal's eyes curved into crescents when he agreed. She could sense a slight wave of fatigue in Taemin's eyes, probably because they've been out for the whole day exploring the place, so she was extremely grateful that he is willing to stay with her for a little while. 

They walked a few metres down before they decided to sit down and wait for the sun to set. They held each other's hands all the time. 

For Krystal and Taemin, their marriage contained very few words like 'I love you'. Of course, they still do say that to each other sometimes, but it was different. For them, it was the actions that matter the most. The way they act together, the way they interact, the eye contacts, it's all there. 

Just by the look in their eyes, you can tell there is nothing in there except love.

By the look in their eyes, they knew exactly how each other felt in their hearts. 

7 years ago/ 

If there was ever such a thing as a walking corpse, Krystal Jung would have been the perfect example. Her husband, Taemin, couldn't do much about it. He hated the fact that no amount of comfort could heal the inner wounds of her soul, and he detested the fact that he could not do anything about it. He could not understand why something like this should happen to them. He asked God everyday, until it became too painful to do so. 

~

"Congratulations, Krystal-ssi, Taemin-ssi, you are having a child," said the doctor, with a wide smile after a serious check up was done. They had arranged an appointment with Doctor Im immediately when Krystal started throwing up every morning continuously in a week. That was the happiest day they had ever shared when this piece of news was delivered to them.  

"Oh my God, you're not kidding, right? I'm really pregnant?" Krystal asked, eyes filled with tears of joy. 

"No, I'm positive it is true. I'm happy for you both," Doctor Im chuckled, "I know exactly how you feel." She then stood up, carrying a few documents before leaving together with Krystal and Taemin. 

"Thank you," Taemin said, appreciatively. Doctor Im curtly nodded, before she left for another appointment. 

Both Krystal and Taemin were so ecstatic that they immediately contacted their parents about it. Both of theirs were very pleased to hear the news, and invited them over for dinner that night as a small celebration. 

 

A few weeks later something unexpected happened. Something tragic, happened. Krystal woke up with a sudden pain in her stomach. It was worse than a cramp, much worse. She fell to the floor, clutching her stomach as Taemin rushed to her side. When he shook her, he realised there was blood on her hands, on her shorts. Her legs. 

It is usually harder for the mother to except the fact that they just had a miscarriage, because they hold more sentimental feelings for the baby inside. Not that the father doesn't, but because as a mother you actually have a human being growing inside of you, and then one day you just wake up to the fact that it's no longer breathing. It has died, inside you. It was a terrible feeling for Krystal. Too much for her to handle at that age. 

For days they mourned, for someone who wasn't close enough to enter this beautiful world. 

 

When things were a little better, they start having hope again. They looked at an optimistic view and decided to go for it again. And they did it. It was all going well, until a case of a stillborn occurred and crashed their hopes again. The following news was even more heart wrenching, completely unbearable. When the same doctor came in with a grim face telling them softly that she has infertilty problems, she couldn't take it anymore. Her mind manipulated itself into thinking that she was at blame. That she was the cause of two child's life. She became as dead as a corpse, except she was still breathing. She shut everyone out, including Taemin and refused to take care of herself, letting herself starve. She didn't realise there were other possibilities of her having a child, even if it meant not having a biological one. 

Taemin couldn't even touch her without her yelling him to stay away. Seeing her in this state at that time was equally as painful. The only way for them to communicate is through letters. She still had the will to write to him. She poured her heart out to him when writing. Slowly, day by day, through comforting letters, she was able to help herself out. Taemin knew he had to help her wake up to the fact that it was not her fault, and that God probably wanted them to consider adoption. It took days, weeks, but progress was seen, and he felt relieved knowing she is starting to wake up. 

One morning, Taemin woke up to the aroma of bacon and eggs from the kitchen. Astonished, he found his very own wife cooking breakfast, like she would usually. He remembered she turned around with a flattering smile that he had longed to see for such a long time, and he knew, Krystal is finally back. 

"It's still possible, Taemin. It's still possible." She had said. And he knew exactly what she meant. 

"That's what I want to hear from you." He replied, before bringing her into his arms. 

Krystal leaned on Taemin's shoulder as they watch the sun slowly set. 7 years had past, and they had never mentioned about that time ever again. They decided to leave it as their past, and focus on what's about to come instead. In a way, it's for the better. They are happy now with an adopted child. They found the perfect child to adopt when they first heard about a mom who abandoned her child at someone's doorstep. The owner of the apartment was only a college student, therefore had no other choice but to send the baby to an adoption centre. 

The baby was beautiful. Big dark eyes paired with a cute nose and rosy cheeks. Maybe the biological mother of this child could not afford to raise him, they didn't know, but what they do know though, is that they will love him dearly and treat him the way all children deserve to be treated. 

 

"But Jesus beheld, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

- Matthew 19:26

 


------ A/N ------

A big thank you to all of you beautiful subscribers who stayed with me till' the end! I love you guys so much. Sorry the special chapter isn't as fluffy as some of you might expect of the lovely TaeStal, but I just wanna portray that life is full of challenges, it won't stop coming. The devil will try to bring you down, but it's up to you to stand your ground, aye? :) I took quite a long time typing these two chapters, but I hope you guys liked it! 

Feedbacks are extremely loved. Do tell me how you feel about the whole story in a whole, I would love to read about it. That's all for now, stay tuned for my upcoming story! 

 

R o b i n -