:: o16 Falling into pieces.

Between a Devil and an Angel

 


 

------ A/N ------ 

 

Aloha peeps! :D I'm back again with another update. 

To be honest, I chuckled while reading all of your precious comments! I didn't know you guys would be too shocked to say anything.. But then again, I did drop clues for all of you, you know. Haha. 

Also, I've decided I'll be editing this story after this update. I'm changing the story title, poster, and layout. And maybe also read through my chapters again and make some changes if needed. Plus! D: I'll be having an extra busy week this winter! /le flips table/ yeah. So please do enjoy this last update for the time being and comment <-- You have NO IDEA how much this means to me~! 

Apologies for the long Note, but thank you if you took time to read. 

See you soon!

R o b i n -

 


 

 

:: Minho

 

Another plank fell down and hit the floor.

 

Somehow it gave me a satisfying feeling while sitting with a cluster of planks around the ground, beneath the half broken tree house. Don't ask me how, all I can say is that I lost control. I lost control over my emotions, my actions. I screwed up. 

 

I stared at the pocket knife I still have in my right hand, flicking it open and close again and again. With every flick everything that just happened flood back through my mind, - that terrified expression she had before she ran away. 

 

I wished she hadn't ran, but at the same time I'm glad she did. If she didn't, I don't know what I would have done, but at the same time she would have tried to calm me down and hold me in her embrace; just like how my mom would to me. I was no longer sane anymore, at least I don't think I am at the mean time, because I realised something. Out of all the lies and broken promises I realised that we both.. We both still loved each other. 

 

We both still loved each other. 

 

" Minho-yah! Don't play with that knife, it's dangerous." A young woman put down the sweater she was knitting and quickly grabbed the knife off my hands. I frowned deeply, i have always wanted things my way, and it didn't please me that i couldn't touch the knife I always saw Umma using when she cooks. 

My mom must have saw the frown on my face because she puts the knife back into it's original place and picks me up.

Usually I woud cheer up when she does that, but I was really longing to touch that knife and I just couldn't get why Umma thinks it's dangerous for me to play with it for a while. The frown remained on my face as I struggled out of Umma's protective arms. 

I reached for the knife again but Umma knew better. She grabbed the knife and raised her voice a little this time, clearly a little upset. 

" Minho.. I told you it's dangerous, why don't you go play soccer with your friends?" I didn't bother about what she said and tried reaching for the knife again, but then again Umma was too quick for me. 

Soon, I grew angry. I didn't know I would make such a stupid mistake. I didn't know how stupid I was that time. I didn't know I was.. Capable of such things. 

The next few seconds was fast, but till this day that time still replays on slow motion in my head. 

While I was angry, I accidentally pushed Umma and turned away with my arms crossed. I was half expecting Umma to pick me up again but it never came. A strange feeling rushed through me and I almost hesitated to turn around. But I knew when I did I screamed my lungs out as I saw Umma's body, lifeless lying on the ground beneath the stairs. 

I realised what I've done. 

She fell down the stairs. 

And it was all my fault. 

My fault for being stupid. 

 

 

I grabbed my hair desperately as I screamed again. Thankfully I was in the middle of the woods where no one can hear me. I feel like a Devil now, I really do. To think my dad didn't put me in jail right after I turned 18 was absurd! 

 

While in the middle of my long train of messed-up thoughts I heard faint footsteps behind. I remained still although I knew someone was behind me. I wanted to believe that it was Sulli- correction, Jinri that came back for me, though I know very well she won't dare to. 

 

I waited for about 10 seconds before slowly looking up. I was wondering why whoever it is haven't called my name yet. The moment I looked up, someone spoke. 

" I was wondering if you noticed my presence." I almost let out a whoop of joy the moment I heard Jinri's voice. I turned around quickly to find her standing there with a small smile on her face. Wait, something's not right. How can Jinri still smile upon seeing me like this? In this state? 

" J-Jinri?" I croaked. She smiled widely now. She kneeled down and pulled me into her embrace and I didn't refuse. 

 

At last, I knew what was wrong. Even her scent was different. Jinri always had that lavender scent roaming around her but the girl here, she smelled.. Bad. Like she haven't showered in a few days and have been sweating continuously. Gosh, I don't know how she even appeared clean at the first place. 

 

I pushed her away quickly. She looked at me weirdly before standing up again. Unknowingly I stood up too, and took a step backwards. 

" Y-your not J-Jinri, are you?" She laughed heartily before nodding her head. 

" I was about to ask you if you truly know how your girlfriend looks like," She said, with sarcasm clear in the tone of her voice. I didn't have the strength to tell her off at that statement. 

" She's probably wondering how the hell am I still alive after she supposedly 'kill' me," She continued. Then it clicked, of course she wasn't Jinri, she was Sulli, - her twin. 

" I'm curious too," I said, and truly, I was. I was curious as to how she can survive such a fall? Plus, it doesn't seem like anyone would have been there to help her. 

" Lets just say, someone helped me. But eversince that person ditched me, I've got no money, so my dear sister has to supply me."

I looked at her with a confused expression but she didn't pay attention to it as she came closer to me. I moved back in respond. 

" Jinri's taste's not bad," She said, " After what she has done, your still going out with her? Your not scared?" I knew I had to defend Jinri. I know how it feels like to take someone else's life whether it was  intentional or not.

" You don't know me, and nor do you know her. So maybe you should stay out from this and mind your own business." Now, her respond wasn't exactly what I've pictured. She laughed out loud instead and to add on, she clapped. 

" Your playing hard to get, huh?" She looked at me up and down before continuing,

" And just so you know, if anything involves me, it's my business; and in this case, it sure does involve me." 

 

Sulli stared hard at me before slowly nodding. I cocked an eyebrow as she scanned through the clutter of planks everywhere. 

" I know how it feels, to be betrayed, Minho. Believe me, I do." Said she, her eyes holding a dark expression now. Then in a swift second, she looked up at me. 

" But I have a plan, and that plan is to make Jinri suffer."  No. No matter what she did, she still doesn't deserve to suffer this way. It's something I understood too, because we both made a mistake. Jinri might have wanted Sulli to die back then, but I could tell she was breaking down when she realised what she had really done now. 

" Sulli, that's not the way to deal wit-" 

" You don't understand, pretty boy. But you don't have to, you just have to stay by my side and do what I tell you to do, like your cousin; Yuri." 

 

My face must have held a very shocked expression that Sulli giggled. I've never ever thought that Yuri would be in this. 

" Come on, Minho. Lets do this together; you and I.

 

 

 

We were slowly drifting away from each other, day by day. I miss the days where we laughed together, sitting on the perfectly painted Tree house, which we came to name it as our Tree of Life. 

 

Although she had smiled a little at me or try to make small talk, I had barely only nod my head and walked away. I know, it's not right because I've done the exact same thing she did, although mine wasn't intentional; but it's just my mind is telling me to avoid her and keep a distance between her and me. 

 

And I have a feeling I know why. Even though my mind tells me I'm just trying to get over the shock that she had attempted to kill her twin, my heart is rather straight forward, - I was afraid she might do the same thing to me too. 

 

 

 

I couldn't help but to notice that Jinri wasn't in class for the rest of the day since lunch, where she had sat all alone on one bench on the furthest corner if the cafeteria. Her group of friends did not ditched her, Jinri was avoiding sitting with them. 

 

I've also talked to a Krystal, since she was the one that found out. She gave me the photo that she found in the studio that day where the girl didn't have the mole on her nose, unlike Jinri. Unknowingly I started to miss Jinri more than I've imagined I would, more than I've missed my mom. 

 

I was trying to practise a song I've wrote in one of the recording rooms when all four of then barged in. Amber, Victoria, Luna and Krystal were panting as they bend over their knees. 

" What's wrong? Did anything happen?" I tore the head phones away from my ears quickly. Victoria managed to catch her breath first as she looks up at me with a horror-stricken face. I swear my heart skipped a beat. 

" Jinr-ri, Jinri's going to do something stupid. She won't listen to us, you have to-" 

 

I didn't even ask where she was before I ran out of the door, but Victoria shouted while running behind me. 

" Remember the school block towards the west wing? She's at the one that's under construction," My legs took me as fast as I can towards west, I knew exactly where it was as my dad had told me something about it. And it's extremely dangerous there. I know Victoria and the others are still running, but they're behind now. 

 

Before I knew it, I was already there; which is a good thing. I looked around frantically trying to find a way up there when I saw the long extended ladder that was leaning against the unfinished building. How in the world did she managed to get up there? And why that building? Was it because it would have a higher chance of her getting stabbed by something sharp down there? 

 

I desperately tried to push all those thoughts way from my head as I climbed up. There were no builders there at all, supposedly having a day's rest, so I can't yell to anyone to help me. 

 

By the time I reached the top I was sweating like mad. It was at least three floors up, and though it seems low, it still took strength to climb. 

 

It was also a vast area, as I looked around. I turned to the right, then left. 

 

There. Her hair was blown by the wind wildly, towards the left, and she was just staring ahead, unaware of my appearance. I have to pull her back quickly but quietly. I approached her with baby steps but I wasn't aware of the crumpled leafs on the ground. 

 

I took another step, and that sickening sound had alerted her that she was not alone. I could see her body tensed up as she took one tiny step forward. I tried to move although my body refused to. I was froze to the spot. 

" You take another step, and I'll jump." Only words can help me now. 

" Please, Jinri. I'm sorry, I really am. I was a bastard.. For ignoring you." She scoffed, but then later it turned into a whimper. She was now crying. 

" It-it isn't you, it's me. It's my fault she's a drug attic now, and it's my fault for not fulfilling the role of a sister, - a good sister. If I could only just, turn the minute hand back in time, I would erase that. "

" But I can't, and you'll probably hate me for that now too."

 

 She took another step forward. I want to scream for her to stop wherever she is, but that might scare her off. 

" Just- Jinri, I love you, okay? It doesn't matter what you did, because I did the same thing. It wasn't your fault she ended up like that, because she chose that path, not you. I promise you-" 

" Promises are made to be broken." 

" I swear I'll-" She raised her hand this time, and I immediately shut up.

" I'd rather just die now, maybe I would live better in peace; maybe you would live better without me too." 

" Jin-" 

 

When I was finally able to move my body, it was already too late. 

 

She had jumped. 

 


 

 

[A/N]

 

Yes, I know. You guys would probably hate me for doing that, but really, this is how the story will go. 

I also deeply apologise for the late update as I have stated above, I'm having an extra busy week.. I'm not sure if 

this update was satisfying, but I didn't want to write too much as there's way too many plot twists I have in mind to put them all in a chapter. 

Again, I'm very sorry! Please still do comment what you think, and if your enjoying this story, you can always Upvote it. 

Before I go, I'll tell you one more thing. 

* The story will of course, have a happy ending! ^^