Four

Shadow of You

 

 

“I can't fight this feeling any longer.
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
What started out as friendship,
Has grown stronger…”

 

---

 

Two months had come and gone and Hyukjae is still by our side.



It seemed that his mum would let him finished high school over here first before sending Hyukjae over.



He is still going to leave. But at least we have some more time together.



Time to think of how to make him be able to stay for good.



I have been practically sneaking into his room every night just so i would be able to keep him in my sight.



Even till now i couldn't shake the feeling that he might leave me anytime.



I know i am being paranoid but Hyukjae definitely didn’t seem to mind as I continually sneaked into him room nightly these days.



Since young i had always slept together with Hyukjae in the same room. Siwon would sometimes come and join us and the three would us would talk into the late nights and laugh ourselves to sleep.



That is before Siwon started to grow much taller and much bigger than me and Hyukjae.



As we entered into our teenage years mum and dad - Siwon's parents - had told me i need to learn to be a big boy and start to be independent. That was how i got my own room. But still i would still sneak into Hyukjae's room from time to time, especially during times when i had nightmares of my past and the loneliness began eating me up.



Hyukjae would also always sleep on only one side of his bed. As if knowing i would sneak in any time and sleep by his side.



Just like now.



I shut the door closed softly not wanting to disturb his sleep. There was a small light in the corner of the room helping me walk my way to the bed.



As i crawled onto the side of the bed Hyukjae turned over and meet my gaze.



'Did I wake you up?' I whispered while i lay down onto the bed resting my head on the soft pillows facing him.



He smiled, 'No. I was waiting for you.'



'Got to wait till mum and dad's lights are off. Otherwise they will chide me for being a little boy again.' I pouted.



'You are.' He pinched my nose lightly.



I smacked his hand away, 'No I am already 16 come on!'



'To me you will always be the helpless little boy that i found on that rainy day.'



I frowned at him, 'Is that a good or bad thing then?'



He shrugged dismissively, 'But it definitely make me real protective of you.'



'Ah! It's a good thing for me then. But bad for you.' I giggled.



His expression softened immediately and there was something else that flashed through. I just couldn’t make out what it was. But it wasn’t good.



'Yes. Real bad for me. Come here Hae.' He tugged my arm towards him and I scooted forward as he pulled into his embrace.



'Sleep Hae.'



I felt him pressed a kiss on the side of my head.



'Uhm is that a goodnight kiss Hyukkie?'



He sighed, 'Just sleep Hae. Don't talk already.'



I pulled away slightly and leaned over and touched his lips with my own.



'This, is a proper goodnight kiss.' I said quickly before burying myself in his chest and shut my eyes. Fighting a blush from spreading across my cheeks.



---

 

I had my first kiss with Hyukjae when he first thought he would be leaving.



And the second one last night when we whispered good night to each other.



This began to lead me to think much more about our friendship.



Looking over at Siwon i found that i didn't have any urge to show affections as such. Sure we did hug and all that but otherwise there had been nothing else.



What is it about Hyukjae that made me unable to stop showing my affections to?



As Siwon and I are walking to our classes i couldn't help but miss Hyukjae terribly.



His mum is back in Seoul for a while and Hyukjae is keeping her company and hadn't been coming back to stay with us for the past week.



'So what have you planned for your anniversary next month?' Kyuhyun was asking Siwon as we reached our lockers.



Siwon took his books and leaned on the lockers, 'The usuals I guess. Hae, go find a gift with me later after school.'



'Uhm okay.' I had nothing to do either way since Hyukjae is away now. 'Kyu coming along?'



'Nah i'm having extra lessons after school today.'



'Again? You really need to have a life outside of this man.' Siwon lamented.



'And find a clingy girlfriend like you? Thanks but no.'



'Hey hey no personal attack.' Siwon punched Kyu's chest lightly.



'Oh my bad! The clingy one is you it seemed!'



'Hey hey stop it. Guess what?' I jumped into the middle of the two bickering friends and put my arms around each of theirs, 'The clingiest person is me!'



'Oh damn. We forgot Donghae. The king of clingy-ness!' Kyu laughed as we all strolled to our classes together.



My mind temporary putting all thoughts of Hyukjae away.



---



'Maybe i should get a couple bracelet like you and Hyuk.'



I punched Siwon's arm, 'We are not a couple!'



'Ouch! Just saying. It's fishy that you are so uptight about it you know.'



'No of course not!'



'Come come look at this!' Siwon pulled me over to another display shelf.



'Do you think she will like this?' He said, pointing to a bracelet.



I didn't know why. But I did not wish for Siwon to buy a couple bracelet.



I would like to continue to think that this bracelet thing is only unique to both Hyukjae and myself.



'Uhm too flashy.'



'And this?'



'Looks like what mum would wear.'



'Ah this would be perfect right?'



'Doesn't seem to match her style.'



In the end we left the shop empty handed and Siwon ended up ordering flowers and getting a huge teddy bear for his girlfriend.

 

And this bracelet thing is still unique to both Hyukkie and myself...



---

A/N: Goonight lovelies! Here, a Eunhae goodnight kiss to you all~