One

Shadow of You

-

 

“If our love was a fairy tale,

I would charge in and rescue you…”

---

I was only 6 when i ran away from my foster parents.



Ignoring the pain at the side of my head and my stomach i tried my hardest to run straight ahead.



Anywhere would do just so i get away.



I soon found myself out of breath and my surroundings seemed to swirl around me in circles.



My vision out and i fell.
 

---


Big fat raindrops were pelting against my face when i woke up. A cat hiding at my side mewled as i woke it up too.



It must be nearing evening as the sky was turning dark grey.



With the return of my consciousness the pain in my head, stomach and leg returned too.



But i had never felt happier.



I was finally free. I could finally breathe.



Even the wet hard cement floor that i laid upon felt nice.



I lost track of time as I shut my eyes and continued to let the rain fell down on me.



I slowly felt the presence of another beside me and opened my eyes.



He seemed to be around my age. He was standing over me, holding an umbrella with one hand and a bread with the other.



With his head tilted, he was looking at me with a queer expression.



He came closer to me, and i realized he was holding his umbrella over my face, shielding me from the rain.



He held out the bread he was holding to me and with a small gentle voice he said, 'You want?'



I worried my lips together. Not sure if i should respond.



And soon my stomach made that decision for me as it started growling.



The boy bended down and started to push the bread to my lips. I dumbly opened my mouth to take a bite.



As hunger ruled me, i got up slowly from the ground and whimpered slightly due to the pain.



As best as he could, he helped me to lean back against the walls as i sat. He began to squat down in front of me, holding the umbrella over the both of us.



He was still holding the bread in his hand while i carefully took another bite. And another. And another. Until i finished the whole thing.



He smiled again and i saw his smile showed his gums slightly.



It was beautiful.



'You will catch a cold.' He said.



I looked away briefly, not giving him any response because i really had no idea what to do now.



'Hold this.'



I looked up and saw him holding the umbrella to me.



I grabbed the umbrella hesitantly as he turned his back to me.



'Jump onto my back! I will bring you to somewhere warm.'



I did exactly what he said only because the rain was now pelting on him instead of me.



I managed to hold the umbrella as i quickly jumped onto his back. Yelping slightly due to my now swollen ankle.



He grabbed onto my knees and started standing up.



I didn't ask him anything and let him lead me away...

---

 

A/N: Hey everyone you guys are seriously awesome! 60 over subs already! I hadn’t planned to update this until Friday, just before I go away, but seeing the subs and the lovely comments, I knew I have to post a chapter up!

 

<3 kid!eunhae <3