Twenty One

Shadow of You

 

 
Min was towel drying Hyuk's hair in the hotel suite. 
 
 
'Why did you stop me earlier?'  Min asked. 
 
 
Hyuk palmed his face, his eyes hurt, his head hurt and most of all, his heart hurt, tight and constricted. 
 
 
'Look at what he had become. If we told him the truth he would be beyond repair.' 
 
 
Min stopped his actions, 'What do you mean?' 
 
 
'I lost everything then. And you were in hospital and my mum.. She.. I had to go with them. At the time i knew Hae would be well taken care of. But not if he stayed with me. I can't bear to make him suffer with me and do nothing about it.' 
 
 
'Yes Hyuk. I know that. Why are you saying these now?'
 
 
'You saw how I told him cruel stuffs and how i treated him. I told him things i never thought i'm capable of saying to make him leave. I just want him to have a normal life. But that not only made him hate me and leave. That made him the way he is now. Imagine if we told him the truth, how bad how stupid would he feel. He would blame himself to death!' 
 
 
'So? You are going to give him up now?' 
 
 
'No. Never!' Hyuk clenched his fists, 'He can't know the truth. So I will just continue to be the bad guy. I don't care. I will earn his forgiveness step by step. I will get him back.'
 
 
Min squeezed Hyuk's shoulder, 'We. We, Hyuk. We both played a part in making him this way. Let's salvage this together. I will help you.' 
 
 
---
 
 
Siwon came home to deafening loud music and Hae dancing in the living room, his hand holding onto an almost emptied wine bottle. 
 
 
'Ah Wonnie!' 
 
 
Hae flung himself into Siwon's arms, dropped the wine bottle onto the carpeted floor and giggled. 
 
 
'Hae. Why are you drinking again?' Siwon tried to scold as he pried Hae away from him to look closely. 
 
 
'Hmmm... Darling you smell so good...' Hae's wandering hands began trailing over Siwon's chest as he sniffed the man all over. 
 
 
Siwon stiffened when he felt Hae kissing his jawline. A warm tongue later the places those lips had kissed. 
 
 
He couldn't restrain himself any longer and lifted Hae's face up to devour those pink thin lips. 
 
 
He didn't know exactly what it was this time. But some past memories must have bubbled up for Hae to become so clingy and needy again. 
 
 
Hae moaned and rubbed his luscious body purposefully against Siwon, making the latter aroused and hardened quickly.  
 
 
'I need you Wonnie... Baby i need you. Please...' Hae breathed in his ear and bit it softly. 
 
 
Siwon knew. It happened again. 
 
 
It was this damn cycle. 
 
 
Even if he knew he was just a substitute every time Hae came to him, he did not care. 
 
 
Nothing mattered to him other than Hae. Nothing. 
 
 
He quickly picked his Hae up and carried him to the nearest bedroom. 
 
 
If Hae wanted to use this to get away, to forget, Siwon would be the one to give him that. 
 
 
Better him than any other ing men. 
 
 
It would never be like before. 
 
 
---
 
 
Hae was sobbing as he rubbed his skin hard and raw. The showers raining mercilessly on his body as he tried to clean himself. 
 
 
No matter who it was. He felt dirty. 
 
 
So dirty...
 
 
'I hate you i hate you i hate you...' 
 
 
Lee Hyukjae. I hate you. 
 
 
Why did you have to come back! 
 
 
---