Nineteen

Shadow of You

 

A/N:
I should probably warn you guys. 
's really going down in next chapter and for everything every 'bomb' please be patient once again. It will all be explained in time to come 
 
 
---
 
 
 
'Wonnie...' 
 
 
Strong arms helped him to sit up on the bed as he massaged his own temples. 
 
 
A warm cup of coffee was later pressed to his lips. 
 
 
Hae turned his head away from the coffee.
 
 
'Pills Wonnie...'
 
 
'No. Coffee works as well. Don't rely on those pills.'
 
 
'Wonnie...' Hae whined. He really needed those pills for his migraines. 
 
 
'No. Don't be like this. Come on.' 
 
 
Hae sighed and drank a sip of the coffee. And then Siwon made him took another. And another. 
 
 
He ignored the sudden pain in his chest.  
 
 
Someone had fed him this way when he was just a little boy as well. But after all these years, he had already been a master in putting these thoughts away. 
 
 
'Rest a while more. It's weekends. The maid will bring you your breakfast soon.'
 
 
'Wonnie...' Hae grabbed the man's hand, 'Come and cuddle with me. I feel so bad.'
 
 
Siwon put away the half emptied coffee on the side table and climbed under the covers with Hae. The boy immediately curled himself into his arms. 
 
 
'There's nothing to feel bad about, Hae.' 
 
 
'I will be good from now. I won't miss work again. I will try not to drink anymore Wonnie.' Hae buried his face in Siwon's neck.  
 
 
Kyu's words came to him.  
 
 
The cycle
 
 
How many times had he heard this already?
 
 
But Siwon merely hugged the boy tight and rubbed his back soothingly. 
 
 
'Don't worry about that Hae. I just want you to be happy.'
 
 
The cycle was back. 
 
 
---
 
 
Hyuk had finally come back. 
 
 
Seoul. 
 
 
He could really smile now. 
 
 
'Hyuk, reporters.' Sungmin quickly pulled him towards another entrance. 
 
 
'We can't get caught before we signed the contract. Get me out quick.'
 
 
'Doing my best Hyuk! Stop being so panicky!' 
 
 
---
 
 
Hae walked to the windows and pulled the curtains apart. Ignoring the start of a dull throb in his temples as he did so. 
 
 
Siwon had been called to the office for an urgent meeting and Kyu was away for a discussion in his agency. Something about a new album. Hae didn't really care about their work stuffs. 
 
 
How did it seem like everyone had got something good and productive going on in their lives?
 
 
Even Heechul had started his own modeling agency. 
 
 
And yet Hae was still the same. Still staying where he was. Never moving forward. 
 
 
Unable to move forward. 
 
 
The skies were gloomy and he wondered how long he stood watching the skies when rain began pouring down. 
 
 
He found himself stepping out of the house which he had stayed since he was brought back like a stray. 
 
 
He still felt like a stray. 
 
 
Siwon had revamped the entire house for Hae years ago but deep inside, this house still held the same painful memories. 
 
 
He pushed opened the doors, ignoring the umbrella the maid insisted him to take. 
 
 
Soon Hae found himself standing in the rain. Drenching him soaking him. With past memories. 
 
 
No he wasn't sad. He wasn't hurt. 
 
 
Because the rain always reminded him. Always empowered him. 
 
 
To hate. 
 
 
---
 
 
Hyuk's breath got caught as he tried to swallow past the lump in his throat
 
 
The hard poundings of his heart sounded loudly  in his ears, making them hot. 
 
 
Years may have passed since they last met. But he would recognize him whenever he saw him. 
 
 
Donghae was such a part of him. Deeply embedded into his every being. His very life. The very reason he could go on these years. 
 
 
Years could come and go. Hae might look a whole lot different. But he could always recognize him anywhere. 
 
 
Right now he knew, the honey blond that was standing in the rain right now was his Hae. 
 
 
His
 
 
Damn. Hyuk missed him so damn ing much that it hurts. 
 
 
'What are you waiting for! He's drenched Hyuk!' Min's voice called out urgently from the driver's seat. 
 
 
Hyuk's hands were shaking as he opened the car door. 
 
 
---