Three

Shadow of You

 

“Friends, lovers, or nothing

There can only be one

We'll never be the in-between…”

---

I started crying out loud.



Letting Hyukjae pulled me into his arms, I buried my face in the crook of his neck and sobbed.



I knew it. I could feel it.



He is indeed leaving me.



Nobody truly wanted me.



Ever since I was a child I was abandoned by my parent. Even my foster parents hated and abused me.



I thought I had found my worth when Hyukjae picked me up on that rainy day. I thought life is finally going to smile at me and shine at me now that I have Hyukjae and Siwon.



But the happiness was short lived.



The one who rescued me, took care of me, pampered me all these years was going to leave me.



Both of us cried in each other arms. Knowing there was nothing we could do.



It was only right that Hyukjae be with his mum. But I really couldn't stop myself from hating his mum just slightly right now.



I had not even seen her for more than a handful of times during my years of stay here. Hyukjae even seldom went back to his own house during the time his mum had been back in Seoul.



I had no idea why she wanted to take Hyukjae with her now.



I know I am being unreasonable but I couldn't help it. I hate his mum now.



'Hey... What's going on?'



I opened my eyes slowly and saw a concerned Siwon standing at a distance away.



Hyukjae pulled us apart just slightly and stared at the marble floors.



'W-wonnie... H-he's leaving us!' I choked.



'What? So it's confirmed?' Siwon started approaching us and he knelt down beside us both.



'What is confirmed? Hyukkie you knew about it since when?' I asked.



I had my answer when he continued to remain silent.



'Hae... He will still come back and visit. Don't be so sad...' Siwon had his arm around my shoulders.



'So all along you knew. You knew but didn't tell me!' I couldn't prevent my voice from rising.



I stood up. Effectively shoving Siwon's arm away as Hyukjae looked up.



'H-hae...'



'Don't Hae me Lee Hyukjae! I hate you!' I yelled and dashed out of the room.



---

They both found me later at the park nearby.



I was hugging my knees and staring into space.



They both sat at my side silently.



None of us spoke a word but I could sense their uneasiness.



'Hae... I just called my mum. We might be able to work this out.' Hyukjae started softly.



I whipped my head around to stare at him. My expression hopeful.



'I will also get my parents to help. Don't worry. Nobody's leaving. We will fight hard together.' Siwon added.



I threw myself at Hyukjae, 'Yes don't leave. I couldn't stand it if you leave me. '



He rubbed my back, 'Yes. Not leaving. I couldn't stand it too.'



'Ugh! And I couldn't stand seeing the two of you crying like that.' Siwon scoffed but soon joined in our embrace.



I smiled.



Maybe... Things might be able to work out now.



---

A/N: Whoa I felt so acomplished tonight! Update 3 stories!!! (and I'm such a EunSiHae fan for this current fic!)